Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    If froch doesn't rematch groves I will have lost a lot of respect for him .
    Froch took a long think about this and made this choice. He is a great warrior but groves completely threw him out of his game.

Froch did finish stronger but he has never ever been knocked down like that and it affected him deeply.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

If it looks like a duck & sounds like a duck, then it probably is...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I have a hard time believing he would stand to make more money rematching Ward in the States than Groves at home There is no way Ward would travel to the UK for it sadly, and there is also virtually no way Froch could beat him. Don't see what else is on the table unless Chavez Jr would actually fight him.
    Its going to be kinda funny when he cant get Chavez cause it makes no sense and Ward says well "he had his chance and he blew it"
    This is the whole crux of the argument and why Froch was so heavily booed. The British Public like an underdog and have very little time for braggarts or those who shout about their own achievements and Carl could have helped himself by being a little more gracious and magnanimous about the situation, post fight. Instead he has virtually reverted to the pre-fight stance that he had, suggesting George was not even in his league and should be grateful for having shared a ring with him. The push bike incident encapsulates it perfectly. "Carl Froch A Legend in his own Lunch Time"
    In the same way that Lennox Lewis got booed for carving up Vitali, because of all the smack he was talking?

It was typical dare I say it Manchester home of the Ricky Hatton boxing/football thick as fuck boxing fan, mentality.

Short of bending over like a bitch there was nothing Froch could have said that would have kept the boo boys at bay.
    I don't agree. The boos were only directed at Froch when he was halfway through the sentence 'Yeah I thought it was a good decision'.

Which was kind of my point. Of course he thought it was a good decision, he was on the winning end of it. He did go on to clarify this by saying of course he thinks its a good decision and of course George Groves thinks its a bad call. Go ahead and boo the decision all you like but don't boo me, I've given enough for you cunts over the years and I've done it again tonight you ignorant benders.

Froch was asked the question, he got half way through saying yes and the boo boys were on him, from that point on they were for him and not the decision. Its what happens. Personally I don't have any problem with how Froch addressed it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact is Froch is a cunt. Always has been always will be. He is a top fighter, but not an all time great. His record is good but not great. Lost to Ward and Kessler (his best 2 opponents) beat a past it Kesseler, scraped past a blown up Taylor, got a gift against Groves and got very generous cards v Pascal, and a decision against Dirrel where if it was in Dirrels home town he would likely have got the decision. He also beat a blown up middleweight in Abraham.

Fights that are acceptable to me, Groves rematch, Ward rematch, DeGale, Rodriguez, Stieglitz or Bika (just to unify) or for the laught Callum Smith, mainly cz I reckon Smith smokes him

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man I ain't even going to read the article, and I do believe that froch was going to get a legit stoppage eventually, but I am sorry he has to yet knock groves out cause that stoppage was shit as we all know, seems like he wants no part of groves.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow the nerves on this guy lol.. I never saw this side of Froch until now. He always struck me as a no nonsense fighter but the bitch has come out of him.. He'd be better off if he rather said he's looking for bigger fights but for him to say some crazy shit like " Groves is not elite ", " Groves blew it " etc is just makes him look delusional.

It's the most blatant duck ive seen..

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    wow the nerves on this guy lol.. I never saw this side of Froch until now. He always struck me as a no nonsense fighter but the bitch has come out of him.. He'd be better off if he rather said he's looking for bigger fights but for him to say some crazy shit like " Groves is not elite ", " Groves blew it " etc is just makes him look delusional.

It's the most blatant duck ive seen..
    if groves was some african or someone from somewhere else nobody would be bothered about all this, everyone would be happy for froch to move on

i for one agree the stoppage was pretty dodgy looking, if it all came out tomorrow that it was all crooked it wouldnt shock me one bit

i am also not of the general opinion that froch would have won anyway, the way froch was getting rocked by every shot and his last two lame attempts at punches after the ref had grabbed groves kneck showed just how out of it froch was, and i think there was much more chance of groves knocking froch out

having said all that, its only because groves is an englishman that everyone is still talking about it
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eric, the "English" thing is a bit of a red herring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch knows that Groves wont make the same mistakes again. The fans want it, the tv people want it, Groves wants it, it will be massive money and Froch dont fancy it. I never thought i would say this about Froch but he is a ducker, if Groves is so easy fight him again for more money than any fight in any place on the planet fucking pussy cunt.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how come?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    how come?
    Because we keep telling you that its bullshit. Like I said, I want Burns to rematch Beltran because they fucking robbed the guy and I'm getting a bit sick of early stoppages and dodgy decisions going down under our Jurisdiction. We are not Germany and we should not be robbing fighters like this. We're getting a bad reputation and the board should be fucking ashamed of themselves for allowing it to happen without doing anything about it.
    Last edited by bzkfn; 12-06-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    how come?
    Because we keep telling you that its bullshit. Like I said, I want Burns to rematch Beltran because they fucking robbed the guy and I'm getting a bit sick of early stoppages and dodgy decisions going down under our Jurisdiction. We are not Germany and we should not be robbing fighters like this. We're getting a bad reputation and the board should be fucking ashamed of themselves for allowing it to happen without doing anything about it.

the burns beltram fight has almost been forgotten, it wasnt mentioned on here after a couple of days and has only really come to light again because of froch groves

and burns and beltram was a blatent robbery

froch won by TKO

if burns beltram had ended the way froch groves did then at the end of the fight someone would have said - "that was a bit of an early stoppage", and then his mate would have said "yeah it was wasnt it", then the first fella would have said "shall we get a kebab"

and that would have been that

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how come?

the burns beltram fight has almost been forgotten, it wasnt mentioned on here after a couple of days and has only really come to light again because of froch groves

froch won by TKO

if burns beltram had ended the way froch groves did then at the end of the fight someone would have said - "that was a bit of an early stoppage", and then his mate would have said "yeah it was wasnt it", then the first fella would have said "shall we get a kebab"

Again, I didn't think that. I know Burns shouldn't be champion. I never said "oh well". I've always bitched about it to my friends. And I'm not a massive fan of kebabs, would rather have a burger.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how come?

froch won by TKO

Again, I didn't think that. I know Burns shouldn't be champion. I never said "oh well". I've always bitched about it to my friends. And I'm not a massive fan of kebabs, would rather have a burger.
    ok perhaps the odd person who isnt mexican does still go on about burns beltram, but noone and i mean noone prefers burgers to kebabs

Thread Information