Thread: Who matches up best with Pac?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who matches up best with Pac?

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Quote Originally Posted by GP100
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Pac has improved alot but i'd still like to see him prove it against an up and comer instead of a guy in decline . That way he can determine what he has and not what teh other guy hasnt got .

Each time he fought Morales the Mexican was coming off a loss so its difficult to tell if Manny is truely as good as the win on papaer suggest . He wasnt beating a peak Morales on a winning streak , the one he did beat was a guy who stayed down shaking his head after just 3 rounds , Erik wouldnt have done that in his prime.

A prime fighter for me right now is Guzman , he proved his worth against a guy in his prime against Barrios . That was seen as a toss up but Guzman was clearly superior on fight night . A fighter with Guzmans speed , desire , ambition and talent would be something Pac has never faced before . The winner would be ruler of the superfeatherweight division . It should happen
    by the sounds of it ur trying to say that morales is a nobody is barrios is a somebody.. do u think barrios could even be in the level of morales?and youre saying guzman has the speed,desire ambition and talent.. u think his ambition is much more than morales.. or his desire... morales' ambition made him fight pac 3 times.. and his talent made him one of the youngest champion in boxing.. hes a hall of famer.. i understand you dont like pac.. but dont ever compare morales to guzman and barrios coz none of barrios or guzman's opponents was in morales' caliber.. or pac's or mab's
    I understand you Bro, but we can't deny Erik is no longer in his prime when he got steamrolled by PAC nevertheless it's still a feat, Raheem was not able to drop Morales or even hurt him.
    im not saying erik is not past his prime.. im just saying that by the way he describes guzman he discredits erik achievements..... erik has fought almost twice the number of fights that guzman fought and most of erik's opponents are big names.. and to say that pac has never faced the desire speed talent and ambition like guzman poses are just a big diss to mab, jmm, and morales
    Nah , dont get me wrong . Im not saying beating Barrios makes you the man im just saying , Guzman proved himself against an un and comer . Pac didnt . The Morales he fought quit all too easily.

You say Morales has more ambition and desire than Guzman but I very seriously doubt it . Morales didnt bring much heart that night . His carrer on paper shows he was washed up or atleast in rapid declne. Guzman comes expecting to win and would have the pride of an undefeated fighter , not the losers mentality of Morales who was coming off a loss every time he met Pac . I just think its time Pac met someone with a pulse just kiddin
    i get wut ur saying man....but come on..would you like a fighter to prove himself against an up and comer or an establish champ?
    . . Usually an established champ yeah , but in this instance Morales wasnt a champ . He was coming off a loss everytime he met Pac so the Pacman was never beating a prime fighter . Erik should have atleast got back to winning ways but back to back losses have made him look like washed up fighter . Guzman is now an established champ, plus he is in his prime . Two things Morales wasnt .

History will view it as the changing of the eras . Tszyu wasnt at his best when he lost to Hatton , neither was Hopkins vs Taylor etc so the winners of those fights still need to prove their worth against other young fighters.The Morales wins didnt hold as much weight as they would if Pac did it 5 years ago . No discredit to Morales but the way I see it he has a had a superb career , the guy is great but its Pacs time and Pac should fight other young guys like himself . He can improve his rep by beating guys with aspirations like Joan . Its what boxings all about .

Btw I hear Joan is fighting Katsidis . Thats another great fight in terms of two guys not afraid to risk their unbeaten records. It should happen more often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pac will knock out guzman valero and soto

jmm will easily u.d guzman valero and soto

pac and jmm rematch needs to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]

i get wut ur saying man....but come on..would you like a fighter to prove himself against an up and comer or an establish champ?
    [/quote]

. . Usually an established champ yeah , but in this instance Morales wasnt a champ . He was coming off a loss everytime he met Pac so the Pacman was never beating a prime fighter . Erik should have atleast got back to winning ways but back to back losses have made him look like washed up fighter . Guzman is now an established champ, plus he is in his prime . Two things Morales wasnt .

History will view it as the changing of the eras . Tszyu wasnt at his best when he lost to Hatton , neither was Hopkins vs Taylor etc so the winners of those fights still need to prove their worth against other young fighters.The Morales wins didnt hold as much weight as they would if Pac did it 5 years ago . No discredit to Morales but the way I see it he has a had a superb career , the guy is great but its Pacs time and Pac should fight other young guys like himself . He can improve his rep by beating guys with aspirations like Joan . Its what boxings all about .

Btw I hear Joan is fighting Katsidis . Thats another great fight in terms of two guys not afraid to risk their unbeaten records. It should happen more often
    [/quote]

alright.. thats kool.. i just clarification... the thing is if we make deals with fights it would be great but promoters put fights together with fighters who can draw a crowd... honestly, half of the boxing world dont know who joan guzman is.. they need to beat a big name then draw some attention.. but thats besides the point.. ur point proven man
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

alright.. thats kool.. i just clarification... the thing is if we make deals with fights it would be great but promoters put fights together with fighters who can draw a crowd... honestly, half of the boxing world dont know who joan guzman is.. they need to beat a big name then draw some attention.. but thats besides the point.. ur point proven man
    Yeah , you cant blame Pac cuz the name Morales brings in the $

It'd be good to see Pac fight guys like Valero and Arthur at superfeather and if he moves up theres great fights for him against young guns like Katsidis and Juan Diaz . I love to see these kids go at it cuz even if they lose badly , it isnt the end of the world for them , they can just learn form their mistakes . Plus they're eager to impress in their first superfight so they'll bring it all . A Pac fight would bring the best out of all of em

CC josef4334

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joan Guzman, slick and iron chinned. He has the best chance IMO.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    any fight that includes pac will be fun to watch.

i just have to see pac jmm rematch, two of my fave fighters winner rules the division maybe even a trilogy is possible.

guzman and valero even soto can be after pac and jmm settle things.

i still have lots of doubts about valero and his hype, i really don't think his as good as his hype. i think pac will make easy work of him, but i'd love to see pac fight him just to prove valero is all hype.

guzman and soto for pac will be great, but i'd like to see guzman soto fight eachother. it always seems like pac has to fight everyone, i think they should fight eachother too. just like mab and jmm did, they fought eachother. its not like they have anything better to do, so why not fight eachother and forget the bums they keep stacking up on their winning list. so the winner between them can demand a fight with pacman.

i wanna see guzman valero and soto in the big stage fight eachother, while pac and jmm settle whos best.
    Amen to that homie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac is no longer focussed in boxing as compared to the times he was fighting MORALES.IMO ,anyone of the boxers you named here in this thread ,has a pretty good chance of defeating the PAC.
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    iron chinned? no disrespect to guzman.. but who was the hardest puncher he ever faced
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iron chinned? no disrespect to guzman.. but who was the hardest puncher he ever faced
    yea iron chinned thats an overstatement.

eric morales was iron chinned, people can talk shyt and say eric was past his prime when pac got to him, but past it or not iron chins remains iron chinned theres no prime iron chinned your born with it, and you die with an iron chin.

people are not seeing the great fight morales put on in defeat to pac. he hit pac with huge shots too and he took a lot of huge shots before accepting that pacman was nothing like anyone out there so he accept defeat. its a classic fight, one legend losing to the new legend.

guzman soto or valero wouldn't have done what pac did to morales, and what guzman soto valero do to their oppenents pac would do much worst to them.

the shots eric hit pac with he could of knock guzman soto or valero with (those shots pac took from eric), but pac hits some much harder and hit so much more often and so fast you can't see all of them coming. watch the fight it was brutal both fighters took huge shots but pac hits harder and can take more. guzman soto valero would of been out by any of the shots pac and eric took from eachother.

valero can pop but once someone that hits hard hits him his out, plus his power is overrated he hasn't beat anyone pac couldn't knock the fwock out.

guzman can move but he doesn't have an iron chin or power atleast its not yet proven if ever.

i repeat...the man who matches up best with pac is j....m....m

jmm may not have as good a chin as eric or mab, but he doesn't stay down and he has proven to pick oppenents apart.

jmm whoops any of the three guzman valero or soto, he makes them look foolish.

i repeat...pac jmm rematch needs to happen, any other fight is just a waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eric morales was iron chinned, people can talk shyt and say eric was past his prime when pac got to him, but past it or not iron chins remains iron chinned theres no prime iron chinned your born with it, and you die with an iron chin.

people are not seeing the great fight morales put on in defeat to pac. he hit pac with huge shots too and he took a lot of huge shots before accepting that pacman was nothing like anyone out there so he accept defeat. its a classic fight, one legend losing to the new legend.

guzman soto or valero wouldn't have done what pac did to morales, and what guzman soto valero do to their oppenents pac would do much worst to them.

the shots eric hit pac with he could of knock guzman soto or valero with (those shots pac took from eric), but pac hits some much harder and hit so much more often and so fast you can't see all of them coming. watch the fight it was brutal both fighters took huge shots but pac hits harder and can take more. guzman soto valero would of been out by any of the shots pac and eric took from eachother.

valero can pop but once someone that hits hard hits him his out, plus his power is overrated he hasn't beat anyone pac couldn't knock the fwock out.

guzman can move but he doesn't have an iron chin or power atleast its not yet proven if ever.

jmm may not have as good a chin as eric or mab, but he doesn't stay down and he has proven to pick oppenents apart.

i repeat...pac jmm rematch needs to happen, any other fight is just a waste of time.

now thats real talk.......pac and jmm needs to happen.... meanwhile.. valero soto and guzman need to knock each other out and be a household name to be in the ranks of mab jmm pac and morales.
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you not see the Barrios fight? Everyone knows Barrios is has power, he was overweight and everything for that fight, and he hit Guzman flush on the chin a few times early on and he didn't even flinch, if you live in britain the punch is actually on the Sky Sports boxing intro.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you not see the Barrios fight? Everyone knows Barrios is has power, he was overweight and everything for that fight, and he hit Guzman flush on the chin a few times early on and he didn't even flinch, if you live in britain the punch is actually on the Sky Sports boxing intro.
    really? who has he fought that is worth mentioning guzman... and freitas..he lost both those fights.freitas tko'ed him
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure about that . There are afew examples I can think of where a seemingly iron chinned fighter begind to lose punch resistance . Mercer was ironed chinned in his day but now he gets stopped by guys like Wvlad and Briggs but lasts 10 with a prime Lewis in his best years .

Mayorga looked like a tough SOB but as he's got older he's been getting stopped more . Robin Reid had a good chin but now he's past it he got K.O'd by Lacy . I think Morales in his youth would have absorbed those shots vs Pac and had teh grit to fire back . It says as much about his chin as it does his heart in that fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

biggie smalls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Alex Arthur would be a great match with Pac! I know not many of you Americans have seen much of Arthur but believe me, he is ready for a World class fight like this! Freddie Roach was once Arthur's trainer and from what I've heard, he is slighlty worried about what Arthur would bring to the table in a bout against Pacquaio! Arthur is a better technical boxer, and since he got Owen Smith and Wayne McCullough in his corner, his defence has improved and he is a far better street smarts operator! He has a solid jab, had a lot of power and his defence is 10 times better since he lost his only fight (a ko in a fantastic British dust-up with Michael Gomez, which I was at coincedentally and was the best bout I've seen live!)!
    Arthur has the style to cause Pac problems and it has the makings of a real classic!

Thread Information