Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who matches up best with Pac?

After watching a replay of the JMM MAB fight it seemed like mentioning Pac was the proverbial 800 pound gorrila in the room. All this talk of a rematch is a little boring. Did anyone else notice that both fighters had gray hairs? The time to establish their legacy is now. There is only one way to do it and I don't think it's all that exciting at this point to find out is MAB is better than JMM. The prez of the WBC had it right when he made Pac the next mandatory fight. This has to be the next fight or so help me god, I'm skipping any rematch.

Pac is in his prime and nobody can call themselves a true champion unless they beat him.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Humberto Soto has the best chance at him. He's a hard hitting counter puncher who can move which should be the perfect foil for Pac's blitzing style. Those two qualities make him a better candidate than Juarez even if Juarez's loss to him for those reasons didn't make it obvious.

I also like Joan Guzman to make it, at the very least, a battle to the end.

Finally I'd like to see Edwin Valero just as a curiosity because at least someone would get knocked out quickly.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who matches up best with Pac?

As crazy as it sounds, I think Pac - Valero would be a very close match. Neither fighter would give an inch, Valero has absolutely 0 defense but he is ALWAYS throwing and he throws the type of bombs that I can see Pacman walking into. The only thing I worry is Pac's one punch power. Valero is just a fighter who is balls to the wall and overwhelms you with his hands at his hips and while I think he can connect to Pacquiao, I don't know if he could KO him before Pac got to him.

That would have the potential to be one of the most fun matches to watch out there. Two guys who swing with little regard for defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

any fight that includes pac will be fun to watch.

i just have to see pac jmm rematch, two of my fave fighters winner rules the division maybe even a trilogy is possible.

guzman and valero even soto can be after pac and jmm settle things.

i still have lots of doubts about valero and his hype, i really don't think his as good as his hype. i think pac will make easy work of him, but i'd love to see pac fight him just to prove valero is all hype.

guzman and soto for pac will be great, but i'd like to see guzman soto fight eachother. it always seems like pac has to fight everyone, i think they should fight eachother too. just like mab and jmm did, they fought eachother. its not like they have anything better to do, so why not fight eachother and forget the bums they keep stacking up on their winning list. so the winner between them can demand a fight with pacman.

i wanna see guzman valero and soto in the big stage fight eachother, while pac and jmm settle whos best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    As crazy as it sounds, I think Pac - Valero would be a very close match. Neither fighter would give an inch, Valero has absolutely 0 defense but he is ALWAYS throwing and he throws the type of bombs that I can see Pacman walking into. The only thing I worry is Pac's one punch power. Valero is just a fighter who is balls to the wall and overwhelms you with his hands at his hips and while I think he can connect to Pacquiao, I don't know if he could KO him before Pac got to him.

That would have the potential to be one of the most fun matches to watch out there. Two guys who swing with little regard for defense.
    Absolutely!!! Valero is one scary beast. I'm scared for PAC in this one, PAC has shown over and over again that he has below if not average defense and can get hurt big time. But I honestly would like to see this one happening.
    If PAC beats Valero and win it by knockout I can say that PAC can already retire and he is absolutely the best superfeatherweight of all time for beating a naturally much larger man with the highest knockout percentage and most1st round kayo
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really havent seen much of Valero but that Humberto Soto guy can throw some blows. I would like to see him and Manny Pacquiao go at it. Maybe even a bout at lightweight against Juan Diaz would be cool to see too. Manny Pacquiao beats the S*** out of people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GP100

Absolutely!!! Valero is one scary beast. I'm scared for PAC in this one, PAC has shown over and over again that he has below if not average defense and can get hurt big time. But I honestly would like to see this one happening.
    If PAC beats Valero and win it by knockout I can say that PAC can already retire and he is absolutely the best superfeatherweight of all time for beating a naturally much larger man with the highest knockout percentage and most1st round kayo
    yea but name one above b level fighter valero has beat?

those guys valero knock out pac would k.o much worst than valero can. their basically all b...u...m....any of the top fighters would k.o those guys valero ko'ed.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod

those guys valero knock out pac would k.o much worst than valero can. their basically all b...u...m....any of the top fighters would k.o those guys valero ko'ed.
    Mosquera is a good fighter but I agree completely. And Pac beating a guy who has absolutely NO defense wouldn't exactly be an upset. And if he retired after beating Valero he's top 5 maybe, but no way is he top spot,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod

Mosquera is a good fighter but I agree completely. And Pac beating a guy who has absolutely NO defense wouldn't exactly be an upset. And if he retired after beating Valero he's top 5 maybe, but no way is he top spot,
    yea beating valero doesn't really have much reward for pac, specially the fact that only hardcore fans know about valero and fact that valero hasn't beat anyone worth talking about.

beating jmm would give pac more credit. beating valero would just prove valero was hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac and JMM will be a great re-match---I would bet on JMM this time
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, any Pac fight will be great to watch, but I'd like the idea of JMM rematch because I want Pac has the title he deserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Valero vs. Pacquiao but i honestly cant see it fufilling the potential it has on paper. I can see either Edwin or Manny trying to outbox the other. It would be an interesting clash of styles. Either way Pac wins by late stoppage.

Pac-Juarez would be an easy fight or Manny. He would destroy Juarez easily. I question Rocky's heart after the 2 barrera losses and I think Manny would stop him in around the 6th.

Marquez would beat Pacquiao in my opinion. JMM would have learned his mistakes from the last fight and would beat Pac by UD. People say JMM is overrated because before the Barrera fight his greatest preformances was against Pacquiao and he only managed a draw but people need to remember that Manny dropped Marquez 3 times in the first and JMM would not allow that kind of thing to happen again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM has the best change at beating PAC IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best fight on paper should be JMM and PAC. That would be a monstrous follow-up fight after the OLDH- Mayweather tiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao vs Edwin Valero is fun and it'll be a slugfest... but in my opinion Manny will brutalize him inside of four rounds if they ever fight.
    Manny i think has underated defense and chin. He's faster than Edwin, has lots of experience fighting elites and perhaps they're equal in power. Manny will have all the advantages.

Juan Manuel Marquez definitely has a better chance of defeating Manny than Marco, Joan, Edwin, Rocky, etc. yet i'll still favor Manny against him. A Marquez rematch is the best and meaningful match for Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think PAC has done enough at 130, he should move up to 135 and fight Casamayor, Guzman or one of the Diaz's.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information