Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather and Mosley Official

This is the second best fight out there now IMO and i'm glad Mayweather is taking on a genuine challenge. It definitley beats some of the other names mentioned like Campbell and Malignaggi. Hopefully we'll get a good competitive fight, but i see Mayweather winning by a wide UD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent fight for boxing. Mosely deserves his shot and for a while there it looked like the top 2 P4Pers were avoiding this dangerous welterweight. I still think the Pac fight will occur, and depending what happens in these intermediary fights, it could be even bigger.

This is what PBF came back for. He needed a few moire great names on his CV to seal his all-time p4p status.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Not a superfight IMO, it's not 50/50 enough.

I think Floyd will win a lopsided UD. This will be similar to winky vs mosely 1

I expect Floyd to stay away from shane for maybe the first 6 rounds then go up through the gears from 6 to the finish when mosely get's tired.

Yes Pac has been out done in terms of opponant but it's to be expected, after all floyd is the pound for pound best.

My hat is off to both Floyd and Shane for doing the random blood testing. It's setting a great example. the fact that they have both agreed to it tells me they both believe they are 100% clean. I hope this trend continues in the sport.
    Mosley doesnt seem to get tired. He always finishes stronger whether he wins or loses.

Floyd waited for Oscar to tire before he took over. He will be waiting a long time for Shane tire. If anything Floyd needs to do his work early cuz Shanes gonna be in his face in the championship rounds.
    I disagree. Shane hasn't been in there with anyone with Floyd's kind of athletasism. and if he has it hasn't been for many years.

I stand by the fact that in his last 5 years of boxing shane has only looked really good once.
    Floyd lands nothing per round. Moseley will never get tired with Floyd kind of work rate for sure.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather puts on a masterclass and wins a wide UD. Maybe this will keep Saddoboxer's current incarnation quiet for a few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a superfight IMO, it's not 50/50 enough.

I think Floyd will win a lopsided UD. This will be similar to winky vs mosely 1

I expect Floyd to stay away from shane for maybe the first 6 rounds then go up through the gears from 6 to the finish when mosely get's tired.

Yes Pac has been out done in terms of opponant but it's to be expected, after all floyd is the pound for pound best.

My hat is off to both Floyd and Shane for doing the random blood testing. It's setting a great example. the fact that they have both agreed to it tells me they both believe they are 100% clean. I hope this trend continues in the sport.

Since when does Mosely get tired? I sure havnt seen it, especially at 147!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Shane Mosley is not afraid of needles or fainting and going into a coma for giving a few drops of blood, cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

No but he's afraid of losing, hence Balco to get bigger, faster, stronger, and more stamina.
    Mosley is not afraid to prove he is clean unlike Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    Remember there's no strategy in PBF's corner. They rely on PBF's natural ability. No game plan ever, they just plan on him being faster and in better shape.
    I really agree with that - I never hear anything constructive from Roger in his corner...you hear nothing besides "Keep whoopin dat ass!" or "He ready to go anyway!"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Where is everyone in this thread

There were all kinds of people all over the Michael Marley - 'Floyd balks at fight' thread. Where are all those people who so delight in Mayweather being a 'ducker' & 'coward'.

Or are they actually just disappointed that he's taking on the man everyone is saying he's ducking. It's like those people who were clearly revelling in the 'Pac might be on PEDs' debate. No interest unless it's negative..
    Lol how true is that - Where the fuck is everyone? All the "Floyd is a ducker", "Floyd is scared of Shane", "Floyd ducked Margarito" , "Floyd is a chicken and never wanted to fight Pac and used drugs as an excuse".

I've said it a hundred times - Floyd ain't scared of shit but being broke! If the money is right he will fight whoever, whenever.

Everyone is making excuses for Mosley already in case Floyd wins too...which ain't nowhere near guaranteed. Just sit back and enjoy a superfight - The one that Manny turned down because he was "scared of needles"

Who was the chicken again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Remember there's no strategy in PBF's corner. They rely on PBF's natural ability. No game plan ever, they just plan on him being faster and in better shape.
    I really agree with that - I never hear anything constructive from Roger in his corner...you hear nothing besides "Keep whoopin dat ass!" or "He ready to go anyway!"
    It could be because Floyd is so good at figuring other fighters out himself there isnt really any need for advice from others. Im sure they work out their strategies during camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were all kinds of people all over the Michael Marley - 'Floyd balks at fight' thread. Where are all those people who so delight in Mayweather being a 'ducker' & 'coward'.

Or are they actually just disappointed that he's taking on the man everyone is saying he's ducking. It's like those people who were clearly revelling in the 'Pac might be on PEDs' debate. No interest unless it's negative..
    Lol how true is that - Where the fuck is everyone? All the "Floyd is a ducker", "Floyd is scared of Shane", "Floyd ducked Margarito" , "Floyd is a chicken and never wanted to fight Pac and used drugs as an excuse".

I've said it a hundred times - Floyd ain't scared of shit but being broke! If the money is right he will fight whoever, whenever.

Everyone is making excuses for Mosley already in case Floyd wins too...which ain't nowhere near guaranteed. Just sit back and enjoy a superfight - The one that Manny turned down because he was "scared of needles"

Floyd will always be the chicken man. Mosley himself believe that Floyd got push into this fight after the fight with pacquiao fell thru. And i agree with him. And besides Floyd does not have other options where he could get a fight that will be acceptable to fans but Shane Mosley. And thats the truth.

Why the rematch clause if his confident he will win against Mosley? It only shows he had doubt in his own ability.

From Mayweather lips came the words that Pacquiao is an ordinary fighter. Why bother with all the ped and steroid accusation if he thinks pacquaio is an ordinary fighter? Surely Floyd as the best pound for pound fighter that he claim he is should not have trouble disposing an ordinary fighter.

Mayweather is a cheat by usine xylocaine in his hands. Again you would say its legal in Nevada, if its legal in Nevada how come its illegal in other states?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane is very strong, very fast and opposite to what peoples say, has a very good stamina. Floyd can't wear down because he doesn't throw enough punches. Sure, style makes fight but I think that the problem Shane faced with Winky was more due to the southpaw stance than anything else. Now it'll be different and to be honest, if Castillo did beat Floyd, I believe Shane has all his chances, especially because he's been very good in his 2 previous fights. With right peoples around and using his tools well, he could shock the boxing world.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a great matchup, after seeing Mayweathers last fight, although it had alot of asteriks in it, really made me start appreciating Mayweathers abilities and skills.

If he pulls off a strong win against Mosley...I might become a fan
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jerome01 View Post

Floyd will always be the chicken man. Mosley himself believe that Floyd got push into this fight after the fight with pacquiao fell thru. And i agree with him. And besides Floyd does not have other options where he could get a fight that will be acceptable to fans but Shane Mosley. And thats the truth.

Why the rematch clause if his confident he will win against Mosley? It only shows he had doubt in his own ability.

From Mayweather lips came the words that Pacquiao is an ordinary fighter. Why bother with all the ped and steroid accusation if he thinks pacquaio is an ordinary fighter? Surely Floyd as the best pound for pound fighter that he claim he is should not have trouble disposing an ordinary fighter.

Mayweather is a cheat by usine xylocaine in his hands. Again you would say its legal in Nevada, if its legal in Nevada how come its illegal in other states?
    This is the never ending cycle, you can talk about intentions blah, blah, blah. But here is what's happening.

-Mayweather was still at the table when PAC left, if actions speak louder than words, Pacquiao made quite a statement there to the tune of 40 million.

-Mayweather is fighting Mosley

-Mosley is accepting a stricter test protocol than that offered to PAC

-Mayweather used Xylocaine once, for the Castillo II fight again if it's legal than there is no issue.

Now you can justify this with the ambient noise of disjustification, but those things are all facts.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When has floyd been in trouble and needed advice from the corner?

Maybe he follows the game plan acurately and doesn't need rminding of it.

You can only correct someone when they're doing something wrong.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess it's not so official afterall. Mayweather still has not signed the contract guys. Go figure.

Where, oh where, is Floyd Mayweather's signature? - ESPN

As a Mayweather hater, which I have no problem with saying so here, and as I have stated before, I won't believe this fight will happen, until they both step into the ring. Even if Mayweather signs, a lot can happen between now and May. Maybe another rib injury?

If this fight takes place, sure I'll give Mayweather some credit for taking the fight. And with that being said, as much as I will be rooting for Mosley to win, I just think his style is perfect for Mayweather to pick apart. Here's hoping Nazeem teaches Mosley some new tricks, and comes up with a great game plan.

Thread Information