Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Announcement for Mayweather-Mosley coming!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Official Announcement for Mayweather-Mosley coming!!!!!

Mayweather vs Mosley To Be Officially Announced Soon - Boxing News

All the major points have been agreed to, including money. May 1st at the MGM.

I was becoming a bit disillusioned with Boxing this year. I feel it is wrong that the big fights haven't been agreed, but if this comes off my faith will have been restored.

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Announcement for Mayweather-Mosley coming!!!!!

Just read this as well, great to hear. As some have already said I think Mosley gets a little too much credit for the Margarito victory as Antonio was there to be hit, regardless I still have tons of respect for Mosley and would love it if he won, but I am routing for Floyd so the Pac fight happens and Mayweather dismantles all the crazy pac fans dreams

Wonder what the Floyd haters who said the fight would never happen are thinking??

Kind of saving the year I suppose, pretty lack luster start
    McGirt recalling the minute break between the 9th round of the Ward fight "He said, 'Help me stand up and I'll finish the fight.'"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll wait for the official announcement to celebrate.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yay!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by markb018 View Post
    Just read this as well, great to hear. As some have already said I think Mosley gets a little too much credit for the Margarito victory as Antonio was there to be hit, regardless I still have tons of respect for Mosley and would love it if he won, but I am routing for Floyd so the Pac fight happens and Mayweather dismantles all the crazy pac fans dreams

Wonder what the Floyd haters who said the fight would never happen are thinking??

Kind of saving the year I suppose, pretty lack luster start
    They'll say he waited until Mosley was over the hill and that Mosley's victory of Margarito meant very little.

That being said, I think PBF wins a wide UD.

This is a great fight though, the second best that could be made in the entire sport and I'm glad it looks like it will come together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saul Alvarez is gonna be on the undercard too.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good news.

And thats rare in boxing these days.

Should be a great fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will wait for the official annoucement before I sell my house and everything I own to fly out to see my dream match up.

If Mayweather signs and its official I wll promise I will never call Mayweather a ducker again!

War Mosley!!
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did find it amusing that after Shane beat Margarito (who's concentration will have been affected by what went on in the dressing room before hand) everyone started heralding him as the second coming. For some reason everyone forgot about all Shane's piss poor performances leading up to it. Shane looked great that night, but as we all know styles make fights.

Floyd should win this more than likely by UD, and on paper it's a much better win than Clottey.

I expect (if both fighters win) pac vs mayweather negotiations will reopen following.

Here's a question though. If both fighters win will the fight be worth even more than it was before?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    I did find it amusing that after Shane beat Margarito (who's concentration will have been affected by what went on in the dressing room before hand) everyone started heralding him as the second coming. For some reason everyone forgot about all Shane's piss poor performances leading up to it. Shane looked great that night, but as we all know styles make fights.

Floyd should win this more than likely by UD, and on paper it's a much better win than Clottey.

I expect (if both fighters win) pac vs mayweather negotiations will reopen following.

Here's a question though. If both fighters win will the fight be worth even more than it was before?
    Good post!

Yeah I think that if both fighters win their respective bouts the negotiations will re-open and it will be worth even more, because both fighters will probably become just that bit more invincible.

Only thing is i can't help thinking, who was going to help Floyd promote the Pac fight? GBP! Who does Mosley work for and hold shares in? GBP. How much money would they make from the 2 megafights especially if Pac destroys Clottey and Mayweather destroys Mosley? Shit loads!

Will Mosley give it everything and potentially scupper the biggest PPV fight of all time when he is so closely involved?

Personally I don't think it would matter as I think PBF is way too good for Mosley these days anyway, but it all smells a bit fishy to me. I wonder if both team's Pac and Mayweather agreed to some kind of scenario like this at the negotiation table?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is an even harder fight than Pac would have been imo. This is only the 2nd PBF fight where I will not be convinced he is going to win (the other being ODLH)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    This is an even harder fight than Pac would have been imo. This is only the 2nd PBF fight where I will not be convinced he is going to win (the other being ODLH)
    I thought Oscar would be "too big". Seems to be a bit of a theme at the minute. Good little guy beats good big guy. I am sure it's supposed to be the other way around!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I thought Oscar would be "too big". Seems to be a bit of a theme at the minute. Good little guy beats good big guy. I am sure it's supposed to be the other way around!
    Yeh, but sometimes it's 'Great' and 'juiced' little guy, beats old, weight drained big guy Not talking about PBF btw
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it safe to assume that this announcement will be anything but bad news?

If so, WOOOOOOO-FUKETY-WHOOOOOOO!!!

It's time to hate Floyd again
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Yeh, but sometimes it's 'Great' and 'juiced' little guy, beats old, weight drained big guy Not talking about PBF btw
    I don't know who you mean then

Thread Information