Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nonito Donaire vs Jorge Arce

“I think Donaire against Arce will be a really good fight. But don’t count out Arce. He’s a fighter with a big heart and I’m not sure about Donaire’s heart.”-Carlos Aguilar
    I still stand behind Arce even if his chances of winning are slim to none; if the fight happens that is, which I really hope it does not.

Just one clean hit from Arce to make Donaire back up and recognize and I'd be happy and very proud of the guy. :'D
    Last edited by JazzWolf; 05-11-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vic will fight the winner of Mares V Agbeko unless Donaire gives him another chance, with the delay of this fight maybe Arce and Vic get it on again? Vic would be ready again by July/August as he won't get Mares or Agbeko again until at least November/December.
    Depends on how far Nonito Donaire wants to go? Either way the Bantam/Super Bantam division is one exciting division right now. Arce has put his foot in the door once again and like Gatti before him, he puts bums on seats so he will get a chance against one of these guys for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Vic will fight the winner of Mares V Agbeko unless Donaire gives him another chance, with the delay of this fight maybe Arce and Vic get it on again? Vic would be ready again by July/August as he won't get Mares or Agbeko again until at least November/December.
    Depends on how far Nonito Donaire wants to go? Either way the Bantam/Super Bantam division is one exciting division right now. Arce has put his foot in the door once again and like Gatti before him, he puts bums on seats so he will get a chance against one of these guys for sure.
    Huh?

"Mother hen" Shaw put the doting feathers on Vic, to effectively avoid disaster at the hands of Donaire in a rematch. It saved his career, undoubtedly... it remains tho' that however heavy the amount of spin they've loaded on all this, it stll fails to hide that obvious fact... That they did not want the rematch with Nonito, for it entails too great a risk in it!
    Last edited by KananKrus; 05-11-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup Gary Shaw saved Vic ass i remember one time hes asking $2M if Donaire want a rematch although Vic moved up was 115 undisputed.champ that time, Shaw knows it.. he knows Vic was seen beaten every round of that fight why u give him a rematch?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by UKPH View Post
    Yup Gary Shaw saved Vic ass i remember one time hes asking $2M if Donaire want a rematch although Vic moved up was 115 undisputed.champ that time, Shaw knows it.. he knows Vic was seen beaten every round of that fight why u give him a rematch?
    I must have been somewhere else that night, i agreed with the two judges who had it 38-38 at the time of the KO, (Vic definately won round 4) Vic is at the age (35) where he could fight Mares, Agbeko or Donaire again and it won't matter squat if he loses, he will get big money for doing it and the fans want it. Shaw has his nose out of joint with Donaire, but if Donaire wants to make it big at Bantam he must fight these guys to do it. Arce will only be a stepping stone, Vic got caught with a great punch by Donaire, his style is always going to give a good puncher a chance.Vic has positioned himself into one last big money fight and whoever that might be against will be a win for the fans. Vic turns 36 next January and that is old for the little fellas. Arce is like an itch you can't scratch, he will always be a nuisance value and cause the odd upset. He is a warrior and deserves full credit for his win against Vazquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must have been somewhere else that night, i agreed with the two judges who had it 38-38 at the time of the KO, (Vic definately won round 4) Vic is at the age (35) where he could fight Mares, Agbeko or Donaire again and it won't matter squat if he loses, he will get big money for doing it and the fans want it. Shaw has his nose out of joint with Donaire, but if Donaire wants to make it big at Bantam he must fight these guys to do it. Arce will only be a stepping stone, Vic got caught with a great punch by Donaire, his style is always going to give a good puncher a chance.Vic has positioned himself into one last big money fight and whoever that might be against will be a win for the fans. Vic turns 36 next January and that is old for the little fellas. Arce is like an itch you can't scratch, he will always be a nuisance value and cause the odd upset. He is a warrior and deserves full credit for his win against Vazquez.
    Sir i will not take away from a fighter like Darchinyan, he beaten like Arce and Mijares, but what i see on that fight, Nonito controlled most of the time in every rounds, if youd see of particular best punch that Vic that he had, Nonito just shake it up and controlling the fight until he was caught with great punch.

I cant blame Vic for not taken granted a rematch for Nonito after that loss, its not Vics fault, it could be in his promoter for what he sees on that particular fight, Vic's style isnt suitable for Nonito unless youd see differently from what i see from that fight, and Shaw knows it, he did a pretty good job in Vic's career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sir i will not take away from a fighter like Darchinyan, he beaten like Arce and Mijares, but what i see on that fight, Nonito controlled most of the time in every rounds, if youd see of particular best punch that Vic that he had, Nonito just shake it up and controlling the fight until he was caught with great punch.

I cant blame Vic for not taken granted a rematch for Nonito after that loss, its not Vics fault, it could be in his promoter for what he sees on that particular fight, Vic's style isnt suitable for Nonito unless youd see differently from what i see from that fight, and Shaw knows it, he did a pretty good job in Vic's career.
    I don't blame Vic for not taking the rematch either, he has fought Agbeko, Mares and Yohnny Perez since and will definately fight Mares or Agbeko again. What Donaire needs to do after his great win against Montiel is throw down the gauntlet to these guys and see what happens. Just watched round 4 again and Donaire had problems with Vic with 20 seconds to go in that round. No doubt Donaire is a class act, he did it again with Montiel, not sure he would KO Vic again or Mares or Agbeko. We will have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Arce is never the same after Darchinyan destroyed him.
    Arce was already on the slide before even facing Darchinyan
    Arce still have the heart of a lion bud. Looks like Donaire will the one who's gonna be doing the wrecking on Arce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't blame Vic for not taking the rematch either, he has fought Agbeko, Mares and Yohnny Perez since and will definately fight Mares or Agbeko again. What Donaire needs to do after his great win against Montiel is throw down the gauntlet to these guys and see what happens. Just watched round 4 again and Donaire had problems with Vic with 20 seconds to go in that round. No doubt Donaire is a class act, he did it again with Montiel, not sure he would KO Vic again or Mares or Agbeko. We will have to wait and see.
    It could be...im intrigue on your take between Vic-Nonito IF will happens at 118, cuz i rate Montiel higher as champion vs. Moreno and Hasegawa nor Agbeko. I rate Moreno up than Agbeko also rate Hasegawa higher than Agbeko on that time Vic meets Agbeko. Im not looking for just K.O just wins either by decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could be...im intrigue on your take between Vic-Nonito IF will happens at 118, cuz i rate Montiel higher as champion vs. Moreno and Hasegawa nor Agbeko. I rate Moreno up than Agbeko also rate Hasegawa higher than Agbeko on that time Vic meets Agbeko. Im not looking for just K.O just wins either by decision.
    Whatever happens, 118lb is going to be an interesting division for the next 12 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever happens, 118lb is going to be an interesting division for the next 12 months.
    Fair words, yeah since Vics win over Perez interesting hes back on the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair words, yeah since Vics win over Perez interesting hes back in the mix.

Thread Information