Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Puck Barely Dropped

And it's already San Jose down 1-0 in the young hockey season. A way different team, losing Michalek is tough but this offense should be more dynamic this year imo.

goal Marleau, see what a little optimism does

I wanted to start this thread to make CFH feel a little better when he talks to himself for 8 pages of a 10 page thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Puck Barely Dropped

The 'Nucks are already down 0 - 3 to the Flames. Fuck I hate the Flames, I hate them more than anything in this world. I hope they all die. Preferably in a fire, just for irony's sake.

Thanks for Erhoff amat, I know the Sharks had to cut salary but I still can't believe how badly the Canucks fleeced them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess this as good a place as any to gloat over winnin the cup last year.

GO PENS!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Eric Linderos still playing? He was my top scorer on NHL on Sega back in the day.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Is Eric Linderos still playing? He was my top scorer on NHL on Sega back in the day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Z7-...eature=related

Lindros is lucky he can still speak after all the concussions he got.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I have always meant to ask who are these guys we got? Patrick White was a first round pick, what was expected of him. Obviously that is a long term need we are going to have to sure up as Nabby may be on the decline. Other then that yeah, I guess it was just a money thing.

This team is really new to me, because of the Giants outstanding season, I have been buying the SF Chronicle instead of the SJ Mercury News which means my offseason coverage was dramatically cut. Oh well, I'm ready to start ponying up for both.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Yeah I have always meant to ask who are these guys we got? Patrick White was a first round pick, what was expected of him. Obviously that is a long term need we are going to have to sure up as Nabby may be on the decline. Other then that yeah, I guess it was just a money thing.

This team is really new to me, because of the Giants outstanding season, I have been buying the SF Chronicle instead of the SJ Mercury News which means my offseason coverage was dramatically cut. Oh well, I'm ready to start ponying up for both.
    Patrick White is godawful, he's been the Canucks whipping boy since Nonis drafted him (that god that fucker got shit-canned). The Canucks first round pick in the last draft outscored White by a wide margin last year. They played on the same team. However, because White is a college player the Sharks get a 2nd round pick if they don't sign him (which will happen). Rahimi is terrible too, he'll be lucky to find a spot in the AHL let alone the NHL. He's garbage.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here amat, this is how Canucks fans felt about the trade:

Confirmed with Link: White/Rahimi to SJS for Lukowich/Ehrhoff - HFBoards

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Patrick White is godawful, he's been the Canucks whipping boy since Nonis drafted him (that god that fucker got shit-canned). The Canucks first round pick in the last draft outscored White by a wide margin last year. They played on the same team. However, because White is a college player the Sharks get a 2nd round pick if they don't sign him (which will happen). Rahimi is terrible too, he'll be lucky to find a spot in the AHL let alone the NHL. He's garbage.
    Thanks for clearing that up, not exactly thrilled with that spin especially as he was a 1st pick but oh well, a 2nd round pick isn't so bad.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Thanks for clearing that up, not exactly thrilled with that spin especially as he was a 1st pick but oh well, a 2nd round pick isn't so bad.
    Seriously, check out the link I posted. You'd think the Canucks had just won the Cup given the amount of rejoicing in that thread.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did, pretty funny stuff kind of like when I found out the Raiders didn't draft Crabtree Funny how that worked out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did, pretty funny stuff kind of like when I found out the Raiders didn't draft Crabtree Funny how that worked out.
    I refuse to acknowledge the Raiders until Al Davis dies. When that happens I will be a fan once more.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I live right in the heart of disgusting Raider land (literally almost everyone I know is a Raider fan, I'm about 10 mins from the Stadium), and EVERYONE is just waiting for him to croak. They'll say their good things about him and silently rejoice knowing their organization is moving forward. There the NFL's version of Cuba.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me, it's Boston and Montreal all the way, let's see how the season goes but I am quite confident for both team, even if it is a huge rivalry and that some of my fellow french canadians are a bit pissed off that I am cheering for the Bruins before everything else.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucking goddamn Canucks start 0-2. Losing to the Avalanche, are you fucking kidding me?

Thread Information