Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was Ivan Calderon dropped from the P4P list?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why was Ivan Calderon dropped from the P4P list?

I noticed obviously Ricky Hatton got dropped (no pun intended) after Saturday, but can someone explain why Calderon got dropped from 7th?

I mean it can't be inactivity because Vazquez & Marquez have been inactive for longer, and its not like he lost a fight. Also don't know why Donaire has leapfrogged Vic, because even if I prefer him, he simply hasn't done enough in recent times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why was Ivan Calderon dropped from the P4P list?

Calderon is great. But he's lacking in excitement factor. Could it be because he's got toddler hands?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That has nothing to do with him being on the P4P list though. If it was on excitement factor Gatti & Ward would of been mainstays throughout the early part of this decade, and his hands have nothing to do with it, the fact is he takes on the best around him & keeps winning. I'm just curious why he suddenly got dropped

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Quinito View Post
    Calderon is great. But he's lacking in excitement factor. Could it be because he's got toddler hands?
    Whitaker was an amazing fighter but he was hardly exciting and yet he deservedly so was p4p #1 for a while, i think it's bullshit that R. Marquez and Vazquez are still on after going over a year without fighting, and also find it a bit absurd having Donaire on there when he's only had one meaningful win (Darchinyan), i mean he's doing great and most likely can become a p4p worthy fighter but right now don't see it, same thing goes for Caballero, Calderon should still be on, and others like Wlad Klitschko, Paul Williams, and even Dawson should be put ahead of them, have Donaire on the list is basically like calling Berto a REAL welterweight champ

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see a reason for it, considering Vasquez & Marquez have been inactive! Maybe the Ring editors are unhappy with his next choice of opponent But nothing credible imo
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the p4p list right now is full of shit imo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I can't see a reason for it, considering Vasquez & Marquez have been inactive! Maybe the Ring editors are unhappy with his next choice of opponent But nothing credible imo
    He's fighting Rodel Mayol who's not Top 10 rated by Ring, but then Rafa is fighting a guy who hasn't won in 3 fights. I have to say this week's ratings did seem kinda messed up to me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was about to ask the same question. Why drop Ivan?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To my knowledge he was never on the p4p list. If he was than he surely dropped after the Esquer fight. It was poor performance

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    To my knowledge he was never on the p4p list. If he was than he surely dropped after the Esquer fight. It was poor performance
    he was on just last month right under Miguel Cotto, and his last performance, his rematch against Cazares, wasn't a poor performance at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Whitaker was an amazing fighter but he was hardly exciting and yet he deservedly so was p4p #1 for a while, i think it's bullshit that R. Marquez and Vazquez are still on after going over a year without fighting, and also find it a bit absurd having Donaire on there when he's only had one meaningful win (Darchinyan), i mean he's doing great and most likely can become a p4p worthy fighter but right now don't see it, same thing goes for Caballero, Calderon should still be on, and others like Wlad Klitschko, Paul Williams, and even Dawson should be put ahead of them, have Donaire on the list is basically like calling Berto a REAL welterweight champ
    Whitaker wasn't exciting !!!!? Say wha...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Whitaker was a defense first type fighter and the fact that most his wins would go the distance made him a "boring" fighter, i loved watching Sweet Pea fight, the way he would outbox most of his opponents by dipping low and beautiful combos was very entertaining to those who appreciate the art of boxing, on the flipside he was hardly a toe to toe fighter, but like someone else said if we were going by that, Gatti should have been p4p #1 for a good while and Ward should have been p4p #2, but that's not what you measure p4p status by, Calderon is one of the most skilled technical fighters in ANY weight class, and deserves his spot on the p4p 10 list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whitaker was a defense first type fighter and the fact that most his wins would go the distance made him a "boring" fighter, i loved watching Sweet Pea fight, the way he would outbox most of his opponents by dipping low and beautiful combos was very entertaining to those who appreciate the art of boxing, on the flipside he was hardly a toe to toe fighter, but like someone else said if we were going by that, Gatti should have been p4p #1 for a good while and Ward should have been p4p #2, but that's not what you measure p4p status by, Calderon is one of the most skilled technical fighters in ANY weight class, and deserves his spot on the p4p 10 list
    he was a defensive fighter who could throw 100 punches a round. Didn't he hold a compubox record at one point?
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

he was a defensive fighter who could throw 100 punches a round. Didn't he hold a compubox record at one point?
    read bold, also Williams throws 100 punches a round and some still complain that some of his fights are yawners

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    the p4p list right now is full of shit imo.

Look no further.

THIS... is the real reason.

Thread Information