Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default No ones fault but Floyds!!!

First off I will say I think Floyd was winning the fight. How people can say Floyd was dominating the fight i will never know. There was clearly no domination by ethier fighter at any poin tin the fight. Both fighters were displaying awsome defense and both fighters were really just getting warmed up. Also it appeared to me to be classic Floyd and he was just getting warmed up but at the same time it seemed Ortiz was starting to turn it on. All this being said the KO by Floyd was a bull shit move, wont call it a bitch move cause the head butt. Ive watched the replays 8544 times and the ref never said fight. The ref wasnt even lookin people!!!!!! As Ortiz stepped back he looked away slightly to his left and bam. The first shot turned his head to the left and he was clearly dazed and almost out on his feet and then Floyd nailed him again. I seen where someone made a post sayin they thought Ortiz was faking lol you dont fake gettin hit like that, Floyd nailed him. The KO was the equvilent of someone checkin out at the store and gettin blasted outta no where from the side and then sayin oh that was a awsome KO. No thats a weak ass b1tch KO! Sure Ortiz head butted him but Ortiz is aggressive and relentless in his fighting style but at least Floyd was lookin lol. Holyfield got headbutted and is ear bit off by tyson and still didnt pull nothin like this. Its really hard to say what was goin threw Floyds head when he hit them the second time. I understand the first punch but when hes still not lookin and the ref isnt lookin and ortizs hands are down its hard to see how anyone could say this was anyone but Floyds fault.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No ones fault but Floyds!!!

Im even going to go outta of my way to say this doesnt even change my opinion of Floyd, hes slick as fk, I just dont see whay he did that. I believe just like Ortiz got overly excited and threw a headbutt, Floyd got over excited and threw those punches. Like I say the second one is what makes me wonder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly i think Floyd was just pissed about the headbutt and wanted to KO him the f out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your wrong about Cortez not restarting the action, he did it, was more than audible.. Cortez has a distinct voice you can here him signal to restart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone find me a clip that shows the ref saying fight? Ive looked at every youtube vid and cant hear or see it on any of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
    Can someone find me a clip that shows the ref saying fight? Ive looked at every youtube vid and cant hear or see it on any of them.
    Jimanuel Boogustus posted a link in a thread last night, I cant remember which 1 I will looks around, but Cortez was clear as a bell on the restart. HBO probably pulled the vid but it was clear Cortez signaled a restart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone here knows how I dislike Mayweather. But .....

Yes, I have seen that clip wherein Cortez did restart the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clear as a bell, floyd in the neutral corner. Cortez deducts the point brings Ortiz to the neutral corner tells him not to do that again, he claps his hands together and says lets go and then you see the hug fest and Cortez even says go again. he signaled them to restart a good 5 seconds before Floyd hit him

Last edited by JT Rock; 09-18-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you go to about the 3.00 mark of this video you see Cortez lead Ortiz to the neutral corner and say "Don't be doing that." He then motions them together and you hear him say "Let's go."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off I will say I think Floyd was winning the fight. How people can say Floyd was dominating the fight i will never know. There was clearly no domination by ethier fighter at any poin tin the fight. Both fighters were displaying awsome defense and both fighters were really just getting warmed up. Also it appeared to me to be classic Floyd and he
    was just getting warmed up but at the same time it seemed Ortiz was starting to turn it on. All this being said the KO by Floyd was a bull shit move, wont call it a bitch move cause the head butt. Ive watched the replays 8544 times and the ref never said fight. The ref wasnt even lookin people!!!!!! As Ortiz stepped
    back he looked away slightly to his left and bam. The first shot turned his head to the left and he was clearly dazed and almost out on his feet and then Floyd nailed him again. I seen where someone made a post sayin they thought Ortiz was faking lol you dont fake gettin hit like that, Floyd nailed him. The KO was the equvilent of someone checkin
    out at the store and gettin blasted outta no where from the side and then sayin oh that was a awsome KO. No thats a weak ass b1tch KO! Sure Ortiz head butted him but Ortiz is aggressive and relentless in his fighting style but at least Floyd was
    lookin lol. Holyfield got headbutted and is ear bit off by tyson and still didnt pull nothin like this. Its really hard to say what was goin threw Floyds head when he hit them the second time. I understand the first punch but when hes still not lookin and the ref isnt lookin and ortizs hands are down its hard to see how anyone could say this was anyone but Floyds fault.
    YAWWWWWWN!!!!! Don't talk rubbish - fight on means fight on - 2 people to blame Ortiz for cheating and Cortez for not having any control. Done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    First off I will say I think Floyd was winning the fight. How people can say Floyd was dominating the fight i will never know. There was clearly no domination by ethier fighter at any poin tin the fight. Both fighters were displaying awsome defense and both fighters were really just getting warmed up. Also it appeared to me to be classic Floyd and he
    was just getting warmed up but at the same time it seemed Ortiz was starting to turn it on. All this being said the KO by Floyd was a bull shit move, wont call it a bitch move cause the head butt. Ive watched the replays 8544 times and the ref never said fight. The ref wasnt even lookin people!!!!!! As Ortiz stepped
    back he looked away slightly to his left and bam. The first shot turned his head to the left and he was clearly dazed and almost out on his feet and then Floyd nailed him again. I seen where someone made a post sayin they thought Ortiz was faking lol you dont fake gettin hit like that, Floyd nailed him. The KO was the equvilent of someone checkin
    out at the store and gettin blasted outta no where from the side and then sayin oh that was a awsome KO. No thats a weak ass b1tch KO! Sure Ortiz head butted him but Ortiz is aggressive and relentless in his fighting style but at least Floyd was
    lookin lol. Holyfield got headbutted and is ear bit off by tyson and still didnt pull nothin like this. Its really hard to say what was goin threw Floyds head when he hit them the second time. I understand the first punch but when hes still not lookin and the ref isnt lookin and ortizs hands are down its hard to see how anyone could say this was anyone but Floyds fault.
    YAWWWWWWN!!!!! Don't talk rubbish - fight on means fight on - 2 people to blame Ortiz for cheating and Cortez for not having any control. Done!
    What Floyd did was a sneaky but legal move. It's just that he did not give Ortiz a chance to be ready to fight. He accepted a hug just to dished out a sucker punch when they have barely separated.
    Technically, what Floyd did is not wrong. But if you are looking for a fair fight between two protagonist ready to fight, then you did not get it in that final two punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    First off I will say I think Floyd was winning the fight. How people can say Floyd was dominating the fight i will never know. There was clearly no domination by ethier fighter at any poin tin the fight. Both fighters were displaying awsome defense and both fighters were really just getting warmed up. Also it appeare
    d to me to be classic Floyd and he
    was just getting warmed up but at the same time it seemed Ortiz was starting to turn it on. All this being said the KO by Floyd was a bull shit
    move, wont call it a bitch move cause the head butt. Ive watched the replays 8544 times and the ref never said fight. The ref wasnt even lookin people!!!!!! As Ortiz stepped
    back he looked away slightly to his left and bam. The first shot turned his head to the left and he was clearly dazed and almost out on his feet and then Floyd nailed him again. I seen where someone made
    a post sayin they thought Ortiz was faking lol you dont fake gettin hit like that, Floyd nailed him. The KO was the equvilent of someone checkin
    out at the store and gettin blasted outta no where from the side and
    then sayin oh that was a awsome KO. No thats a weak ass b1tch KO! Sure Ortiz head butted him but Ortiz is aggressive and relentless in his fighting style but at least Floyd was
    lookin lol. Holyfield got headbutted
    and is ear bit off by tyson and still didnt pull nothin like this. Its really hard to say what was goin threw Floyds head when he hit them the second time. I understand the first punch but when hes still not lookin and the ref isnt lookin and ortizs hands are down its hard to see how
    anyone could say this was anyone but Floyds fault.
    What Floyd did was a sneaky but
    legal move. It's just that he did not give Ortiz a chance to be ready to fight. He accepted a hug just to dished out a sucker punch when they have barely separated.
    Technically, what Floyd did is not wrong. But if you are looking for a fair fight between two protagonist ready to fight, then you did not get it
    in that final two punches.
    Mmmmm debatable - there's a good second and a half (long time in boxing) after the YET ANOTHER pointless 'hug' where they're good to go! I wanted a good fight as a neutral but Ortiz got what he deserved!....his last headbutt could've finished the fight also. Cortez should be the one being questioned!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off I will say I think Floyd was winning the fight. How people can say Floyd was dominating the fight i will never know. There was clearly no domination by ethier fighter at any poin tin the fight. Both fighters were displaying awsome defense and both fighters were really just getting warmed up. Also it appeare
    was just getting warmed up but at the same time it seemed Ortiz was starting to turn it on. All this being said the KO by Floyd was a bull shit
    move, wont call it a bitch move cause the head butt. Ive watched the replays 8544 times and the ref never said fight. The ref wasnt even lookin people!!!!!! As Ortiz stepped
    back he looked away slightly to his left and bam. The first shot turned his head to the left and he was clearly dazed and almost out on his feet and then Floyd nailed him again. I seen where someone made
    a post sayin they thought Ortiz was faking lol you dont fake gettin hit like that, Floyd nailed him. The KO was the equvilent of someone checkin
    then sayin oh that was a awsome KO. No thats a weak ass b1tch KO! Sure Ortiz head butted him but Ortiz is aggressive and relentless in his fighting style but at least Floyd was
    and is ear bit off by tyson and still didnt pull nothin like this. Its really hard to say what was goin threw Floyds head when he hit them the second time. I understand the first punch but when hes still not lookin and the ref isnt lookin and ortizs hands are down its hard to see how
    anyone could say this was anyone but Floyds fault.
    legal move. It's just that he did not give Ortiz a chance to be ready to fight. He accepted a hug just to dished out a sucker punch when they have barely separated.
    Technically, what Floyd did is not wrong. But if you are looking for a fair fight between two protagonist ready to fight, then you did not get it
    Mmmmm debatable - there's a good second and a half (long time in boxing) after the YET ANOTHER pointless 'hug' where they're good to go! I wanted a good fight as a neutral but Ortiz got what he deserved!....his last headbutt could've finished the fight also. Cortez should be the one being questioned!
    Let's say that while they are separating after that hug, it's Ortiz who sucker punched Mayweather and hit him again so that Floyd can not get up from the count. Would that have been acceptable to you? It isn't acceptable to me for any of them throwing such punch at that point.

Floyd has been calling himself the best. That's no way for the best fighter on the planet to win. He did it to a heavy underdog. Mayweather won the fight legally but should he be proud of the way that he won that fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=InTheNeutralCorner;1010519]
    First off I will say I think Floyd was winning the fight. How people can say Floyd was dominating the fight i will never know. There was clearly no domination by ethier fighter at any poin tin the fight. Both fighters
    were displaying awsome defense and both fighters were really just getting warmed up. Also it appeare
    back he looked away slightly to his left and bam. The first shot turned his head to the left and he was clearly dazed and almost out on his
    feet and then Floyd nailed him again. I seen where someone made
    a post sayin they thought Ortiz was faking lol you dont fake gettin hit like that, Floyd nailed him. The KO was
    the equvilent of someone checkin
    then sayin oh that was a awsome KO. No thats a weak ass b1tch KO! Sure Ortiz head butted him but Ortiz
    is aggressive and relentless in his fighting style but at least Floyd was
    and is ear bit off by tyson and still didnt pull nothin like this. Its really hard to say what was goin threw Floyds head when he hit them the
    second time. I understand the first punch but when hes still not lookin and the ref isnt lookin and ortizs hands are down its hard to see how
    anyone could say this was anyone but Floyds fault.[/QUOTE

legal move. It's just that he did not
    give Ortiz a chance to be ready to fight. He accepted a hug just to dished out a sucker punch when they have barely separated.
    Mmmmm debatable - there's a good second and a half (long time in boxing) after the YET ANOTHER pointless 'hug' where they're good to go! I wanted a good fight as a
    neutral but Ortiz got what he deserved!....his last headbutt could've finished the fight also. Cortez should be the one being questioned!
    Let's say that while they are separating after that hug, it's Ortiz
    who sucker punched Mayweather and hit him again so that Floyd can not get up from the count. Would that have been acceptable to you? It isn't acceptable to me for any of them throwing such punch at that point.

Floyd has been calling himself the best. That's no way for the best fighter on the planet to win. He did it to a heavy underdog. Mayweather won the fight legally but should he be proud of the way that he won that fight?
    Ok you make a valid point - I guess the main issue I have is that I think Cortez should be held accountable for not protecting fighter - which is a refs number one remit! I don't think its an issue whether the fighter was underdog or not..... As much as I can't stand FMJ the man - I still can't
    really blame him for what he did after all the illegal headbutts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant believe people blame Ortiz for that, it dont make sense. Every person in this world is accountable for there own actions! I understand what Ortiz did is wrong but Floyd being Floyd he shouldnt have done that. He should have kept his composure and acted liket he champ he is. And would I think like this if it was Ortiz that sucker punched Floyd? Hell yeah I would. Its a hollow victory now. The fight was just getting started and no one will ever now how it COULD have ended. Now no one knows if Floyd did that cause he was uncomfortable in the fight and wanted it to end, was just pissed, or scaired to lose or whatever. From the outside looking in it looked like a cheap way out. I know Floyd isnt scared of Ortiz but he may be scared to lose that undefeated record. I know he was pretty much in control of the fight but what Ortiz was doing had nothin to do with what he did. Really Floyd took a chance at being disqualified. He was ethier pissed and just wanted to KO ortiz or wanted a way out. Those seem like the only two things thst coulda been goin threw his head. No ones fault but Floyds people. So if I sucker punch my nieghbor its his fault cause his dog pissed in my yard a few times? No its on me bro. Floyd is the seasoned vet in this fight and he knows exactly what is going on in his fights more so than anyone else. Floyds never done it before why now? Im sure hes been head butted a few times. He shouldnt have did that ya'll bottom line. He still had a good performance other than that. Still looked like Floyd. I just dont understand how people blame the ref or Ortiz for Floyds action. This is basic life stuff I was taught growing up. I am responsible for my own actions and I have to face the conseguences of my actions.

Thread Information