Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who is Broner most comparable too: Naseem, Cory Spinks, Jermain Taylor or David Reid?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who is Broner most comparable too: Naseem, Cory Spinks, Jermain Taylor or David Reid?

I'm leaning towards Jermain, but I could definitely see him fizzle out quick like David Reid if he continues to get hit in the head so much.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is Broner most comparable too: Naseem, Cory Spinks, Jermain Taylor or David R

naseem of course!! a trash talkin' egomaniac who got tromped/totally fucking humiliated in his big fight with a fighter who is NO JOKE! tell me thats not broner

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: Who is Broner most comparable too: Naseem, Cory Spinks, Jermain Taylor or David R

Broner doesn't compare with any of them. All of those guys were proven elite fighters who fought and defeated top competition. And David Reid would have gotten farther if not for his eye problem.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is Broner most comparable too: Naseem, Cory Spinks, Jermain Taylor or David R

He's like a better version of Berto. Punches with pop but has poor defense and takes far too many in return. Broner can come back from that though, it isn't like he was badly knocked out.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think he compares with any of those guys. I agree he compares more like a better version of Andre Berto.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he reminds me of Kid Thunder .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is comparable to Naseem, albeit a little below Nasee, ONLY IF he retires after one more fight...

Broner can bounce back. He should have never classed himself as unbeatable. He has no where to go now!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reid was a quality boxer. Broners stance does remind me of a Taylor somewhat. Wide and deliberate mostly. Though Taylor developed a stance you could drive a cab thru, but he was also shooting off killer jabs and straight rights. Hamed had bricks pure and simple, one & done type power. None of the above owned that. Spinks wa...eh, who cares what Spinks was

Random...on feet and physical approach Broner walks in like a Winky Wright Strictly in placement and a guy who leaves them there...flat footed a bit but the likeness ends there as Wright was a master at staying tucked in, he'd stay close but block, dip, elbows tucked in tight and become a rubber man as far as defense when it came to the upper body. Broner moves in but doesn't pack for the weekend.

Berto is what I was seeing a few fights ago. But I honestly think Berto was ripping better combinations...but Broner 'lives' inside and works where Berto became a grappler...he'd shoot from the outside and fall in heavy. His legs were more stiff than a Broner...but he managed to move better I think

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner will be comparable to Naseem only if he "takes his ball and goes home."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jeff lacy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its an odd list cuz I cant compare broner to any of them.

He reminds me of a homeless man's floyd mayweather.. that's still pretty good btw

Thread Information