Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IS CORY SPINKS THE BEST BOXER WITH SOME AGRESSION TAYLOR HAS EVER FOUGHT???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default IS CORY SPINKS THE BEST BOXER WITH SOME AGRESSION TAYLOR HAS EVER FOUGHT???

i think its a travesty that this fight is going to happen but as it gets closer i start to over think it like i do with every fucking fight and i start to see reasons a guy with no shot has a shot

spinks can box and taylor is disgraceful defensively

hopkins would have DOMINATED every round if he was aggressive (but spinks isnt as powerfull as hopkins... and maybe not even as powerfull as ouma)

spinks can probably block almost anything taylor throws and take most of his punches as long as he sees them coming, taylor doesnt have the speed to catch him without spinks realizing he is about to get hit

there is one reason that even if spinks does pull it off it will not matter

the fight is in memphis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IS CORY SPINKS THE BEST BOXER WITH SOME AGRESSION TAYLOR HAS EVER FOUGHT???

I picked Spinks to win.... Even if he clearly wins and gets screwed, it only adds to his very impressive underrated career... Again I have said this like 10x in the past few days.... I'll put Cory's resume up against any of his contemporaries to see how legit it is.... Cory is good, very good

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IS CORY SPINKS THE BEST BOXER WITH SOME AGRESSION TAYLOR HAS EVER FOUGHT???

but hes a WW and now he is at 160 and still has power that would be unimpressive at WW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    but hes a WW and now he is at 160 and still has power that would be unimpressive at WW
    Taylor hasnt even broken an egg in the last 2 years, If Cory is conditioned well he will outlast Jermain who has a propensity to fade down the stretch, he wastes alot of shots and expends to much energy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Spinks is most open for awkward right hands.

Jermain throws those and is probably the hardest puncher Spinks has ever faced.

They picked Spinks because his style is one Jermain can take full advantage of. Jermain has a longer jab and outside game against the smaller Spinks. Spinks does great when he can get his jab off against someone who isnt jabbing. But Jermain is gonna get Spinks from the outside and if Jermain doesnt look spectacular or if Spinks win. The questions will be never ending

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you know who the judges are gonna be?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Taylor hasnt even broken an egg in the last 2 years, If Cory is conditioned well he will outlast Jermain who has a propensity to fade down the stretch, he wastes alot of shots and expends to much energy..
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aww man thats hilarious, just the idea that Cory Spinks would outlast ANYBODY down the stretch is just hilarious

Taylor will knock him out inside 8 rounds. It's a mismatch, worse than Calzaghe Manfredo.

Consider the facts.

1) Spinks has no power
    2) Spinks has a weak chin
    3) Spinks probably fades more in the championship rounds than any other top level champion
    4) He's not even a junior middleweight let alone a middleweight.

Taylor will kill him. He may look good for a couple rounds but after that it's all Jermain.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should add though here that I would love Cory to prove me wrong. I've always liked him. He's a fantastic icon for special needs people everywhere.

I've always thought he'd be the perfect person to front the 'Behind every disability there's a person' campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fuck ya'll clowns spinks is gonna upset the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I should add though here that I would love Cory to prove me wrong. I've always liked him. He's a fantastic icon for special needs people everywhere.

I've always thought he'd be the perfect person to front the 'Behind every disability there's a person' campaign.
    Well shit man you must be the charter memberand biggest fan of the bunch... Cory-Bilbo Oh and fuk you very much sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And when Cory wins I will haunt you like a plague of Locusts

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    And when Cory wins I will haunt you like a plague of Locusts
    Thats fine, but when Jermain wins I won't get all smug I promise.

I'll just make a post with no words but just this little smilie

Thread Information