Thread: Wladimir plans to box for 10 more years to break Joe louis' record

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir plans to box for 10 more years to break Joe louis' record

You are purposely being argumentative. There is no way you can dismiss the achievements of this guy as anything less than the most dominant career in history!

The WBO is now recognised as a major belt, when it was established it took some time to be regarded as such in the HW division.

Wlad has unified the WBO, IBF, WBA major belts as well as the IBO and recognised as "The Ring" HW champion for a very long time... That is the REAL HW champion.

Where the hell do you get this notion he only held 1 belt? He's been DEPRIVED of only 1 belt more like it. And everybody knows the only reason he could never get his hands on the WBC was because his brother had it.

Now who is better out of Vitali and Wlad is a matter of dispute, but I think it's fair to say that later in the game it has been Wladimir who definitely had the upper hand.

I seen Wlad win back one title after another right after his last defeat and then defend them successfully ever since.

And you want to compare Mike Tyson's (bless him) 6 fight defenses to this!

Get the hell out of here mate! Pure nutbaggery at it's finest @ross !!!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    You are purposely being argumentative. There is no way you can dismiss the achievements of this guy as anything less than the most dominant career in history!

The WBO is now recognised as a major belt, when it was established it took some time to be regarded as such in the HW division.

Wlad has unified the WBO, IBF, WBA major belts as well as the IBO and recognised as "The Ring" HW champion for a very long time... That is the REAL HW champion.

Where the hell do you get this notion he only held 1 belt? He's been DEPRIVED of only 1 belt more like it. And everybody knows the only reason he could never get his hands on the WBC was because his brother had it.

Now who is better out of Vitali and Wlad is a matter of dispute, but I think it's fair to say that later in the game it has been Wladimir who definitely had the upper hand.

I seen Wlad win back one title after another right after his last defeat and then defend them successfully ever since.

Your full of shit!

The Klitschkos had the money in the division, if they wanted to get those titles they could have.

Who was better out of Vitali and Wlad? Vitali was, so Wlad is only dominant since Vitalis retirement and he still needs to unify to be the only heavyweight champ.

Do you think its possible for him to unify or worried he might lose in the process of trying?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Ross, just in case you hadn't heard, the pair of them together have had ALL the titles locked up for ever.

Vitali the WBC,
    Wladimir all the others

They both DID have all the titles. The only thing EVER preventing unification has always been the fact the brothers wont fight each other.

I have seen a lot of weird angles used to beat on the Ukranians but this is a new one!! Instead of attacking the quality of them, attack the achievements themselves.

Nice one!! =P

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can, i dont think his career can really be taken seriously due to the hurrendous amount he is allowed to cheat in his fights

he obviously has a weakness and he is allowed to cheat in the most effective way possible to protect it

he wouldnt be allowed to get away with it if he didnt generate the amount of money he does
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Ross, just in case you hadn't heard, the pair of them together have had ALL the titles locked up for ever.

Vitali the WBC,
    Wladimir all the others

They both DID have all the titles. The only thing EVER preventing unification has always been the fact the brothers wont fight each other.

I have seen a lot of weird angles used to beat on the Ukranians but this is a new one!! Instead of attacking the quality of them, attack the achievements themselves.

Nice one!! =P
    Oh, so your not arguing on behalf of Wlad but "the brothers" standing in heavyweight history?

Wlads achievements on their own are good but he needs to beat the winner of the upcoming WBC fight to seal it.

It is possible to unify the belts, other fighters in other divisions have done it. By not unifying you are avoiding having to fight certain fighters so you can take on people like Mormeck and extend your career.

Good business move but not a great career.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad doesn't automatically inherit that other 50% dominance his brother held over the division for all those years, like he's left it in a will or something.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ross. I'm not suggesting he did inherit the other 50% automatically. But the point was that the only reason he did not unify the titles is because his brother held it and they wouldn't fight.

Are you implying that in the absence of Vitali that Wladimir would not have been the undisputed champ? Because I think intuitively most ppl know that Wladimir definitely would have held the WBC as well the whole time.

What's more, your saying that Vitali fought half the dangerous opponents while Wlad only fought half.

Except Wladimir fought at a respectable rate for the HW champ. Had he had to go through the entire list of Vitali's opponents as well that would have brought him up to nearly 100 fights! 100 fights in this 230lbs super heavy era is outrageous, especially in the time frame required.

There are just too many opponents for that to have occurred in theory. It's like saying Lennox Lewis did not fight all the contenders because he failed to face guys like Byrd, Ruiz, Bowe, Wladimir, Sanders etc. And Lewis only had 44 fights whole career!

Basically you are implying Wlad's legacy is smashed because he happened to have a brother that held a belt too and fought opponents that Wlad did not. That's a bit much.

@erics44 Yeah his holding has been on the excessive in some fights but really only completely over the top in just one fight, Povetkin. But in between all the holding I think I seen a one sided beating the rest of the time as well. It was still dominanting. I think Wlad could have beat him without it. It's just the easiest way for him to do it.

It's not officially cheating anyway. It just sucked.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@erics44 Yeah his holding has been on the excessive in some fights but really only completely over the top in just one fight, Povetkin. But in between all the holding I think I seen a one sided beating the rest of the time as well. It was still dominanting. I think Wlad could have beat him without it. It's just the easiest way for him to do it.

@Max Power this isnt really true, his holding is completely and hurrendously over the top in the vast majority of his fights

i gave lyle (el kabong, as big a wlad fan as you can get) the oppotunity to pick any fight in wlads second reign as champ to show me that this isnt the case

he suggested i rewatch the second sam peter fight, he said it was a master class of boxing

i watched the first 2 rounds, in the first he held over 20 times and punched with any kind of meaning considerably less

the second was only slightly better

and it is cheating, it is against the rules, the refs and officials clearly let him get away with it, any other fighter in the provetkin fight would have been dq'd

unless obviously that fighter made as many people rich each time he fights as wlad does
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

@Max Power this isnt really true, his holding is completely and hurrendously over the top in the vast majority of his fights

i gave lyle (el kabong, as big a wlad fan as you can get) the oppotunity to pick any fight in wlads second reign as champ to show me that this isnt the case

he suggested i rewatch the second sam peter fight, he said it was a master class of boxing

i watched the first 2 rounds, in the first he held over 20 times and punched with any kind of meaning considerably less

and it is cheating, it is against the rules, the refs and officials clearly let him get away with it, any other fighter in the provetkin fight would have been dq'd

unless obviously that fighter made as many people rich each time he fights as wlad does
    Well I don't know why El Kabong chose that one because before Povetkin, Peter was Klitschko's most clinchiest fight!

I've said it before, Wlad clinches the short asses because they try to rush him all the time, it's their only tool cause they can't box him otherwise so he eliminates that game. It's quite smart really.

When Wlad meets a tall guy like Thompson or Wach for example, suddenly, we don't see the hugging do we!! Punch speed and punch power wins him the fight!

Well we'll see if it's cheating wont we. My bet is, if he gets a ref who chooses to pull them apart and tell Wlad off, we will instead see Wlad pulverise his opponent all the same. Wlad even might use an uppercut!! haha

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Well I don't know why El Kabong chose that one because before Povetkin, Peter was Klitschko's most clinchiest fight!

I've said it before, Wlad clinches the short asses because they try to rush him all the time, it's their only tool cause they can't box him otherwise so he eliminates that game. It's quite smart really.

When Wlad meets a tall guy like Thompson or Wach for example, suddenly, we don't see the hugging do we!! Punch speed and punch power wins him the fight!

Well we'll see if it's cheating wont we. My bet is, if he gets a ref who chooses to pull them apart and tell Wlad off, we will instead see Wlad pulverise his opponent all the same. Wlad even might use an uppercut!! haha
    ill give you the same question as i gave lyle, if you want to try and show me that he doesnt clinch that often, give me one of his fights and ill take a look

if you want me to watch thompson or wach let me know

and yes, his clinching is extremely smart, wins him the fight everytime and makes a lot of people very rich, which means he can get away with it a lot more, winning more fights getting richer, everyone is getting richer, and happier, so let him clinch and theyll get even richer

by the way, just to confirm one (or two) of the few facts in our opinionated debate, holding is against the rules as is pushing down on your opponent

by the way money doesnt always bring happiness

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ross. I'm not suggesting he did inherit the other 50% automatically. But the point was that the only reason he did not unify the titles is because his brother held it and they wouldn't fight.

Are you implying that in the absence of Vitali that Wladimir would not have been the undisputed champ? Because I think intuitively most ppl know that Wladimir definitely would have held the WBC as well the whole time.

What's more, your saying that Vitali fought half the dangerous opponents while Wlad only fought half.

Except Wladimir fought at a respectable rate for the HW champ. Had he had to go through the entire list of Vitali's opponents as well that would have brought him up to nearly 100 fights! 100 fights in this 230lbs super heavy era is outrageous, especially in the time frame required.

There are just too many opponents for that to have occurred in theory. It's like saying Lennox Lewis did not fight all the contenders because he failed to face guys like Byrd, Ruiz, Bowe, Wladimir, Sanders etc. And Lewis only had 44 fights whole career!

Basically you are implying Wlad's legacy is smashed because he happened to have a brother that held a belt too and fought opponents that Wlad did not. That's a bit much.

Yes and they have held back Wlads standing by a long shot. I do believe that IF Wlad did manage to unify, it wouldnt have been any where near as long a reign as he would have had more mandatories to face and wouldnt have had as much time for his pointless fill in fights. Its a harder schedule which is why those who unify and defend and win as u disputed champ deserve far more credit.

Also, yes, Lewis did avoid certain fighters, like Byrd who he didnt want to get anywhere near when he dropped the IBF.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus, listen ross. The WBC nolonger allows you to carry other titles. Defending all the belts is quite literally impossible! It's not a matter of want to or difficulty, it's impossible. So stop saying it.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Jesus, listen ross. The WBC nolonger allows you to carry other titles. Defending all the belts is quite literally impossible! It's not a matter of want to or difficulty, it's impossible. So stop saying it.
    Did not realise that, so we will not get it unified like Tyson and Lennox did?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This clown said that past boxers were punching bags? He's saying that Gene Tunney, Jersey Joe Walcott, and Joe Louis were punching bags?

YDKSAB.

But please, tell us how the likes of Pianeta, Wach, and Povetkin would be undefeated in past eras. Povetkin went life and death with Huck, a limited CW.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    This clown said that past boxers were punching bags? He's saying that Gene Tunney, Jersey Joe Walcott, and Joe Louis were punching bags?

YDKSAB.

But please, tell us how the likes of Pianeta, Wach, and Povetkin would be undefeated in past eras. Povetkin went life and death with Huck, a limited CW.
    Because they are heavy and have better access to new fitness systems or some crap like that I think the bender would say.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information