Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
What a load of nonsense. If someone wants to make a stupid t-shirt backing against England then so be it. It's just what the Scots do. I have a Scotish friend who always backs against England, but that's just part and parcel of who he is. Why would you get irate about it? Nobody is getting hurt and it's just a sport at the end of the day. The police have no business getting involved in the first place, they would be much better suited trying to catch the hordes of drug dealers.

There is too much political correctness in the UK from what I read in the media and it seems you can't even make a tongue in cheek joke anymore without people getting up in arms and calling you sexist, racist or whatever the latest -ist word is this week. It's all a bit sad really.
That's what I've read too. Is it true that you guys can't say Merry Christmas because it may offend other groups? I'm not a religious guy, hell I don't even believe in any religion but I do like the secular aspect of Christmas and just use it to greet people during that time of the year. I just find it odd since the UK is a majority Protestant nation.