Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder resume.

Fury and Parker are the best names on his record.

Malik Scott is an awful trainer and it seems as though now the fight has left Wilders soul.

How would you rate his resume and what does he do next..

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder resume.

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Fury and Parker are the best names on his record.

Malik Scott is an awful trainer and it seems as though now the fight has left Wilders soul.

How would you rate his resume and what does he do next..
    Because he lost one fight? A fight to a former champion, who is younger than him? Give us a break, man. Anything to discredit Wilder so he doesn't have to fight AJ... for fear AJ may go to sleep. lolol....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think his resume is alright to be fair. The man can't fight. Or rather the man can't box. I'm hearing a lot of experts recently talk about how he hasn't been taught how to box and how he's some how been failed. That's horse shit. He's been taught, he's been shown. His problem is that once he gets in the ring it all goes out the window. The one time he stuck to an alternate game plan (Fury 3), he blew up in a few rounds as his tiny mind couldn't compute all the new information for very long.

For someone that can't box, that has traded off one weapon his entire career, he's done alright. We can all cut or cloth to suit when it comes to resumes. Paint the prettiest or ugliest picture dependent on our obligations. The Parker loss is damaging. As nice a bloke as he is, and as nice a story it is for Parker to have this success so late in his career, I think now that he's propelled himself into another big fight, we'll soon see that Parker is just as done as he was when he got mauled by Joyce. Dependent on who he goes in with next of course, but Wilder did a great job of making Parker look good.

The three failed bites at Fury are a blot for sure. But like him or not Fury is elite.

Everyone else, Wilder has chinned. His one weapon in his arsenal was too much for a who's who of contenders. People scoff at his 'best' wins over Ortiz. People get all Coming to America "Ortiz was a 187 years old!" and can't wait to tell you how Ortiz was winning up until getting chinned. Like it matters. At the time, I don't remember people forming an orderly queue to share a ring with Ortiz. He was firmly at the head of the who needs him club and Wilder took care of business, twice. He deserves credit for that.

A tough man with lots of heart and a cannon of a right hand. A world champion with ten title defences. He did alright.

I think he disappears now. He'll say all the right things about coming back, but the bottom line is I just don't think he wants to. A passive Anthony Joshua was a big problem, but he managed to win in other ways. A passive Deontay Wilder is terminal. If he's not going to let the right hand go with any conviction or regularity, he might as well walk away.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all do 180's on some fighters at some point. My point was the Parker fight with Wilder.

I was one of the loud voices saying Wilder had better than a 50/50 chance against AJ. Their respective performances a few days ago quieted me for sure. AJ impressively knocked out a very good boxer in Otto Wallin... while Wilder looked like a deer in headlights against Parker. Granted, Parker is a great boxer. But still, man...

I guess the trilogy with Fury took all the fight out of Wilder. I still feel the pre-Fury Wilder had a great chance to put Joshua's lights out. But now? Not a chance.

Another thing. We're all used to seeing different body types at heavyweight. From the chiseled Joshua-types, to the blubbery Fury. But Wilder? How the hell does he get around on those toothpicks for legs? It's been said here and many times before. Too much focus on the upper body, and not enough squats. Those spindly legs betray him every time he gets in trouble. His legs are incapable of enabling him to perform the footwork that would do him a world of good during tough fights. Can you imagine Wilder trying to bounce around on those things for 12 rounds? Daniel Dubois, to his everlasting credit, called upon his legs to get out of the way of the lumbering Miller during their own fight. Dubois is a pretty good sized heavyweight. Yet he could use his legs when called upon. Can you imagine Wilder bouncing around like that? I don't think so.

Wilder's equalizer was that howitzer of a right hand, coupled with his belief that he could erase anybody at any time. Now even his psyche is gone.

If he still wants to climb to the top, he needs to start from scratch. Bear down... get a trainer that can help him (and LISTEN TO HIM)... put in the legwork (literally)... lose the celebrity lifestyle... and set your sights on your goal.
    If not, then yes... just walk away.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sheer beating physically and mentally he took from Fury 3 was CLEAR AS DAY he would have very little left for future fights. Helenius ran straight into a blindly and luckily thrown right hand. So prolly Wilder's last hurrah, like a hobbling old Babe Ruth hitting 3 homers in his last game...

Fury sapped all Wilder's skinny frame had in it. The beating was sustained and epic. His will to fight was beaten out of him. Sad fact of boxing.

Resume? Not all his fault. Joshua didn't want shit to do with him, as wilder would have killed him pre-Fury 3.

Now it's still 50/50.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilders attitude to the loss by Parker was more worrying. He was content and glad to pick up the huge pay cheque. Wilder will fight on but realistically he is not the force he was defending his title before he met Fury.

Wilder v top USA fighters would be interesting handing over the torch to the younger boxers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master you raise really good points. It was weird and worrisome how glibly, lightly, "gracefully" (to play devil's advocate I actually was impressed with how gracefully he accepted the loss and how he calmly admitted it although he did stick in a little Barb at the end saying that he thought he had won!) And his personality as mellowed quite a bit and it must be an extension of his fighting style as well or just his enthusiasm whatever remains.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some people still struggling to see through Wilder’s career and still blaming AJ for the fight not happening.
    In all Wilder’s 40 odd fights , I have only ever seen 1 piece of technically good boxing!
    Against Brezeale when he KO’d him in the 1st round, he threw a text book “Jab, straight Right” combo that was perfect!
    It has to be said , Brezeale was in no shape whatsoever, but I don’t want to totally take it away from Wilder.
    As for the rest of his career, his best fighters on his resume are:
    Fury - Lost 3 times. (Yep, you read right.)
    Parker - Lost every round
    Ortiz - good boxer, but 40 years old, yet he won every round before getting KO’d out of sheer tiredness.
    As for Malik Scott, well he was an average fighter with a padded career, he’s an average/below average trainer at that level, BUT……………………He is shagging Kate Abdo , so he is fucking winning in life! Jammy fucker.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mind blowing delusional stuff...and not just from Wilder. Fury really is nothing like as good as he has convinced so many people, (including himself) that he is and Wilders trilogy with the dosser is now quite clearly not so impressive after all.

It is a shocking resume and while Fury's is better it is still full of satsumas. The weird irrational anti Joshua stuff is odd because from a neutral standpoint his resume is clearly better and has never avoided anyone.

Fury's trilogy with Wilder is one long duck in itself.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm no fury fan these days but up to to 18 months he's the only one backed up everything he's said. If he wins in February he'll have underlined the era.

Regardless of how wilder looked Saturday wilder was dangerous when fury took him on and he was well out of shape for first fight. That version of wilder would have sparked joshua easy imo.

The better the opponent the better Fury is. Can he be in peak condition for February. That I don't know.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really wish we could search further than 4 pages as my opinion really has not changed all that much since he was riding Amir Khan undercards. Very careful and selective match making. For lack of a better term I've always thought he had a lot of 'manufacturing' to thank for being viewed as some mythical Thors hammer and it pretty much showed out once he hit the championship best faced level. His first 25 opponents were woefully bad. Do a deep dive and it's very telling as they were a mix of former Lt heavyweights, cruiserweights, some off multiyear layoffs and others were basically professional stunt men. Simply put...cannon fodder to pad that record with glossy KO's. #15 a Lt hvy. #20 was a Lt hvy 5 years inactive. #25 Damon McCreary debuted at middleweight and came in off a 5-year layoff with just 1 fight over 185. We know fighters have soft touches, but there was a reason his first half were left as highlight clips on Fox Espanol cards or the local bingo hall. Unfortunately Wilder became a fighter who incorporated his flaws as part of his overall game. He got a pass because there was no vital adversity coming back at him. Once you hit the "big stage" you simply cannot learn backwards. Moving forward he became a one trick pony with the now vaunted TV friendly eraser.

There was a mini buzz for his Showtime debut vs the 6'6 ex basketball player Kelvin Price. The manufacture serving its purpose. And coincidentally enough it was also the first WBC awarded to 26-0 Wilder . Then it was to Mexico to ko Matthew Greer who had already been flattened by James Toney and would be flattened by Andy Ruiz two months later. I think Primo had the right idea with a line by line so trying that..

#28- Audley Harrison was used up but was smart marketing. Harrison had a mini run with tourney win and UK debut for Wilder. Fair enough.
    #29- Siarhei Liakhovich also used up and 1.5 year out after being KO'd by a 12-0 Bryant Jennings. Think about that. BUT the White Wolf gave Andy Ruiz a good fight next out.
    #30- Nicolai Firtha last fight for Firtha. Had already been ko'd by Fury and Tye Fields
    #31- Malik Scott does anyone remember Scott wearing a brown paper bag over his head at the weigh in? That actually happened. He was ranked 23 by the WBC
    #32- Jason Gavern oof. Nice enough guy. Only thing memorable is how sloppy Wilder was and his literally telling Gavern what punches to throw before the end.
    #33- Bermane Stiverne 1. I liked this fight for Wilder. Stiverne in shape and fresh. Actually, thought Wilder fought smart and showed patience and working jab.
    #34- Eric Molina. Ranked 26 by the WBC and three months later Molina was ranked 11 . Tough guy though. Easy to forget he had Wilder badly hurt to the body and rocked him before going out.
    #35- Johann Duhaupas. Not ranked in top 40 by WBC. Six months later come fight time he was 12 . But a tough dude and another that was a tough fight for Wilder. Recall Wilder being pretty busted up before taking him out.
    #36- Artur Szpilka. Came in 6 weeks notice after Wilder vs Glavkov fell thru. One of the first come from behind nice KO's for Wilder. He was getting his ears boxed.
    #37- Chris Arreola. Unranked by every sanctioning body and on a bad slide. Saw him get outboxed by Curtis Harper year prior but get w. Wilder claims multiple injuries post fight after Chris stays on his stool.
    #38- Gerald Washington. Late sub for Wilder. Another "big" man who was on a little run but limited. Outboxing Wilder before stopped. 5 months later he was stopped by Big Pharma Jarrell Miller.
    #39- Bermane Stiverne II. Stiverne late sub and built like a parade float. He had already accepted step aside money to not fight Wilder but replaced Luis Ortiz after he was popped for PEDs. He had no desire to be there but Wilder got that distance win erased and KO monicker back.
    #40- Luis Ortiz I. Fresh off half ass PED suspension but ranked 5th by the Ring. This imo was Wilders best win. It was a war and Wilder on the brink of being stopped twice before he came back. Very impressive ko for him all in all.
    #41- Tyson Fury I. Tough enough fight but felt Fury largely outboxed and out foxed Wilder. The dramatic KD's were highlights and tilted much of the draw result. But had Fury winning. And it was no turning back with Wilder convinced all he needed was a right hand bomb. Not be a knob, but somewhat the beginning of the end for Wilder.
    #42- Dominic Breazeale. Already beaten by Joshua this was a comparable for Wilder. Breazeale had the speed of an ice glacier and was a deer in the headlights. Perfect KO for Wilder.
    #43- Luis Ortiz II. Good rematch and repeat of his best win. Again was being outboxed cleanly until catching Ortiz and catapult into Fury rematch.
    #44- Tyson Fury II. A needed rematch. But Fury learned from first fight Wilder did not. Gritty but wasted Wilder was beaten from pillar to post and Mark Breland did exactly what a cornerman needed to do, save his fighter. Then he was fired.
    #45- Tyson Fury III. Let's be honest. Absolutely no one wanted or needed this fight. Fury was talking BS of an AJ fight all the while knowing Wilder had the legal court order to pull. Wilder huge 4th but again beaten up.
    #46- Robert Helenius. Wilder back after year away. Helenius had rebuilt after being flattened by Gerald Washington with wins over hyped Kownacki. Statement KO to say "I still have it" for Wilder, he did what he had to do. And then he dodged matches with top contenders and stayed inactive for 14 months
    #47- Joseph Parker. Wilder shows what massive inactivity and constantly overrating his power arrives at. Mentally and physically listless and indifferent throughout. He got complacent, too content and over fed waiting on "big Saudi money" and it all blew up on him. The End.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 12-29-2023 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fantastic post by @Spicoli there. If people don’t get the message now, I suppose they never will.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua v the Wilder who Fury fought the first time. Where would all your money have been with a gun to your head?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Joshua v the Wilder who Fury fought the first time. Where would all your money have been with a gun to your head?
    AJ during his undefeated phase would be too good for Wilder. His better boxing skills would mean he lands first in the shoot out.

After the Ruiz and Usyk losses I would bet on Wilder who was delusional enough to land first against a hesitant AJ.

Now AJ, as Wilder looks content being beaten and picking up his money.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Joshua. 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. Joshua against any Wilder ever. @Spicoli has gone into great detail to show how Wilder’s CV is padded.

Thread Information