Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default cotto wants hatton pac winner

sorry if has already been posted but wow i hope this happens!

hatton would not doubt come up to 147 even if he was a massive uynderdog and if pac beats hatton then what a fight that could be aswell

cannot rememeber for the life of me where i saw this but i know i did haha, mayb it was here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: cotto wants hatton pac winner

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post

hatton would not doubt come up to 147 even if he was a massive uynderdog and if pac beats hatton then what a fight that could be aswell

cannot rememeber for the life of me where i saw this but i know i did haha, mayb it was here
    stupid fight either way IMO..

Hatton got beat by Mayweather who isn't a big WW as it is and he thinks he has a chance against Cotto?

and Pac-Man who fights even below Hatton?

Cotto is too technical for Hatton and I really think Pac-man is just too small for Cotto. Not saying Pac couldn't hurt him, but he'd get hurt a lot more.

Granted these would be money making fights, i'd rather see Cotto fight Clottey or PW or even Berto rather than these two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would Pacquiao get hurt more? Oscar hits harder than Cotto, and he didn't stop Pacman. I'm sorry, but Cotto hasn't foughten anybody even close to Manny Pacquiao. Shane Mosley is a really good fighter, but he has never used his speed as effectively as guys like Mayweather, Whitaker, Roy JOnes, and yes Pacquiao. While Cotto's guard was perfect for blocking most of Mosley's arsenal which are hooks, it is perfect for Pacquiao's left cross to get in repeatedly. I think people forget how easily Judah landed it when he threw it with conviction, and that it hurt Cotto on a few occasions. Pacquiao throws it more, arguably as hard, and he throws punches in bunches, he is the harder person to hit between him and Cotto, much faster, much better movement, and a better offensive fighter. I think Cotto's size and technical skill make it an interesting fight, but Manny would clearly be the favorite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post

Hatton got beat by Mayweather who isn't a big WW as it is and he thinks he has a chance against Cotto?

Cotto is too technical for Hatton and I really think Pac-man is just too small for Cotto. Not saying Pac couldn't hurt him, but he'd get hurt a lot more.

Granted these would be money making fights, i'd rather see Cotto fight Clottey or PW or even Berto rather than these two.
    Mayweather would beat Cotto, I don't know what you are trying to prove there? Sure Cotto would likely beat Hatton, but if the ref let Hatton fight his fight I think Cotto would be in for one hell of a fight the would be very exciting. Hatton would maul Cotto using superior speed and ferocity to back him up into the ropes, I think Cotto would counter effectively and probably stop Hatton, but he would get hit, maybe even hurt a time or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Why would Pacquiao get hurt more? Oscar hits harder than Cotto, and he didn't stop Pacman. I'm sorry, but Cotto hasn't foughten anybody even close to Manny Pacquiao. Shane Mosley is a really good fighter, but he has never used his speed as effectively as guys like Mayweather, Whitaker, Roy JOnes, and yes Pacquiao. While Cotto's guard was perfect for blocking most of Mosley's arsenal which are hooks, it is perfect for Pacquiao's left cross to get in repeatedly. I think people forget how easily Judah landed it when he threw it with conviction, and that it hurt Cotto on a few occasions. Pacquiao throws it more, arguably as hard, and he throws punches in bunches, he is the harder person to hit between him and Cotto, much faster, much better movement, and a better offensive fighter. I think Cotto's size and technical skill make it an interesting fight, but Manny would clearly be the favorite.
    "Oscar hits harder than Cotto and he didn't stop Pac-Man." Yes, but if you watched the fight.. When did Oscar LAND a punch of meaning on Pac?

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post

Mayweather would beat Cotto, I don't know what you are trying to prove there? Sure Cotto would likely beat Hatton, but if the ref let Hatton fight his fight I think Cotto would be in for one hell of a fight the would be very exciting. Hatton would maul Cotto using superior speed and ferocity to back him up into the ropes, I think Cotto would counter effectively and probably stop Hatton, but he would get hit, maybe even hurt a time or two.
    I agree Mayweather would beat Cotto.

Styles make fights, and considering Floyd isn't considered a power puncher and KO'd Hatton (who is not hard to hit AT ALL) Cotto would pummel him.

I don't think Hatton has superior speed, he's quick but he's not an in and out fighter. He's going to go head first with decently quick foot movement to try and back Cotto up. Realistically you are looking at Margarito/Cotto fight, except Hatton is faster than Margarito yet doesn't hit as hard (plaster or no plaster). Remember what Cotto did to Margarito? Hatton will not survive that. Not even 5 rounds of that.

To say that he would get hit, maybe even hurt a time or two is obvious, Taeth. You have a reckless fighter who throws wide hooks and comes right at you. My nephew, who is 5, runs at me throwing wild punches and sometimes connects also.
    Last edited by RP33; 02-23-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto vs Hatton/Pacquiao would have Cotto as a favorite IMO. Cotto is a strong welterweight. I think both Hatton and Pacquiao can hold their own against him but if it's at 147, Cotto would beat them both quite handily.

The only way to make it a fair fight is to have it at a catchweight around 143-145.

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice i would prefer to see cotto hatton as that is a fight ive wanted to see for a looooonnnnggggg time... could be a classic... changed my mind on the winner of that fight soooo many times over the last few years.

i'm a massive manny pac fan but to be honest hes giving himself a massive unfair disadvantage being in the highter weights IMO.

chances are ODLH was shot to bits but FFS manny move back down and stop these fuckers taking the piss

saying all that if pacman wins against hatton or cotto it would be a hell of an achivement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The weakened ODLH that faced Pac was nowhere near the power punching wlter of the late 90s. Pac has yet to prove his strength at 140 (which he may do in May) let alone against a genuinely heavy hitting Welter.

IF Pac were to beat Hatton convincingly, then moving up against Cotto would be logical, but a huge challenge for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    Nice i would prefer to see cotto hatton as that is a fight ive wanted to see for a looooonnnnggggg time... could be a classic... changed my mind on the winner of that fight soooo many times over the last few years.

i'm a massive manny pac fan but to be honest hes giving himself a massive unfair disadvantage being in the highter weights IMO.

chances are ODLH was shot to bits but FFS manny move back down and stop these fuckers taking the piss

saying all that if pacman wins against hatton or cotto it would be a hell of an achivement
    Pac easily Knocking out Hatton will be a confirmation that Pac is for real. Then Pac will enter as a Favorite against Cotto. Cotto's chinny even at 140. At 147 basically the same with/Without the padding on Margarito.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cotto V Mosley 2 will happen before that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Cotto vs Hatton/Pacquiao would have Cotto as a favorite IMO. Cotto is a strong welterweight. I think both Hatton and Pacquiao can hold their own against him but if it's at 147, Cotto would beat them both quite handily.

The only way to make it a fair fight is to have it at a catchweight around 143-145.
    I don't know if Cotto could make 143-145, he looks pretty drained at the weigh-ins, certainly not as bad as he did at the end of his time at 140, but still looks to be pushing it a bit.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, he'll need to box in and out all night against Hatton as he's just naturally much smaller, I reckon he can but no way is it going to be easy for him. Cotto is a big step further still in terms of punch power compared to Hatton, I'd be seriously surprided to see Pac withstand flush body shots from Miguel.

XaduBoxer Guest

Ohh what a fight!! PAC/Hatton vs. Cotto...

Regarding PAC vs. Cotto, I already mentioned this on the other thread, PAC's strength (southpaw, stamina, speed) is Cotto's weaknesses...

Cotto vs. Hatton is a total inside war and I think Cotto has the stronger, more brutal inside arsenal compared to Hatton...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 02-23-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post

Agreed, he'll need to box in and out all night against Hatton as he's just naturally much smaller, I reckon he can but no way is it going to be easy for him. Cotto is a big step further still in terms of punch power compared to Hatton, I'd be seriously surprided to see Pac withstand flush body shots from Miguel.
    While Cotto's left hook to the body is bad enough in itself, I think the way he puts his punches together make that body shot hurt even more. If he has you in the corner and he smells blood, he throws a couple shots to the head and while you're guarding upstairs, he sneaks that left hand into the body. Mix the element of surprise plus the fact that he throw that punch perfectly, then down you go...

(BTW, those shots would put Pac/Hatton in some deep trouble if they land)

SigmaMu Guest

I would much rather see Cotto.Williams because it would have that Hagler/Hearns feel to it. Niether fighter backing down until some one gets knocked out. I think Both Hagler and Williams have the tougher chin but then again I don't know because Williams was rocked plenty by Matthysse and then again, he was also able to get past and beat Hands of Plaster Margacheater so it would be a very, very interesting fight. I wont complain about Cotto/Clotey either as that would be a great match up. Clotey is no joke and should never be taken lightly. Very strong contender he is and he does deserve a try at an attempt at unification as he says he wants, regardless of who he has faught or has not faught those Africans are tough as they come and can make anyones night a living hell. But if the money is right and the winner of PAC/Hatton is made, it should be done at a catch weight like 144 to make things a little more even if there is such a thing. Cotto at 140 has a mermalade chin.
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 02-23-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Thread Information