Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haye Fans Gather Round: What's the winning formula?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye Fans Gather Round: What's the winning formula?

Okay, worth a shot... I wanna try ad get all the Haye fans in the place to get on about Hayes, chances, Hayes preparation & Hayes tactics against Wladimir Klitschko this Saturday.

A pro Haye Thread of sorts. I'm sure Lyle can do his own pro Klitschko thread if he likes

Actually, it's also worth discussing Wlads, faults/ tenancies/ vulnerabilities too. What are they and how doe they tie into what Haye can/ should try to do?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye Fans Gather Round: What's the winning formula?

I honestly don't rate Wlad that highly in an all time capacity. He's the 2nd best out there now and has had a very good career. His brother is far superior imo.

I also think Haye is vastly overrated, I just don't see what everybody else seems to. I have never been sold on him and still am not.

I really want Haye to win, but I think he is going to get beaten like a little boy. First time Wlad connects properly Haye is toast imo.

That said, I give him a punchers chance and for me his best bet is to come out in round 1 a la Tyson and go for it!!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i read somewhere that lennox lewis suggested he needs to stay on the outside like he did against valuev

im not sure, wlads jab is so quick i think he may get caught

i think he needs to get inside and through as many punches as he can and get out and stay well out until he has the chance to get inside and rough him up again for a bit

its kind of an outside for a bit inside for a bit combo

body head to

what do you reckon?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I honestly don't rate Wlad that highly in an all time capacity. He's the 2nd best out there now and has had a very good career. His brother is far superior imo.

I also think Haye is vastly overrated, I just don't see what everybody else seems to. I have never been sold on him and still am not.

I really want Haye to win, but I think he is going to get beaten like a little boy. First time Wlad connects properly Haye is toast imo.

That said, I give him a punchers chance and for me his best bet is to come out in round 1 a la Tyson and go for it!!!

couldnt agree more with this evaluation.

However if Haye does win in explosive style then I will have to admit I got him totally wrong. Maybe we should discard the immature performance against Carl Thompson.

Theres not one fight Wlad has had in recent years when I havent had any doubts he will win but I do have them with this one

I do want Haye to win badly mind.

If he wins in first round I won't be shocked, if he loses in first round I won't be shocked.

The only thing that would surprise me in this fight is Haye by decision.

I can't wait for this one !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are Haye haters welcome in this thread too?

So guys, when Haye is sprawled out on the canvas unconscious is he going to be belly up or belly down?

I'm going with face down.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it may go the distance because Haye will use his speed and ring movements by fighting on the outside. If he gets too close he will get hit with the jab and knocked out by the right hand. If he gets tied by Wlad he will get sapped by Wlad leaning on him and tiring him out. He will rely on his superior stamina and speed to take it into the later rounds and try and knock him out then, by which time I think time will have run out and Haye loses a controversial decision for the second British fighter in 2 weeks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speed is key. Think haye will come in and take a look for a couple of rounds see how fast or slow the jab is and work round timing off that, with his right hand, will be very exciting fight or to some people boring. All depends on if haye opens up early in the fight or later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think haye needs to knock wlad out, as wlad is a very efficient boxer ie jabbing fighters to a tko, i dont see haye out boxing wlad, i also think if any of the current heavywieghts (bar maybe vitali) hav the speed and power to ko wlad its haye, he has genuine ko power and is very slick and super fast, if haye lands big hes a lethal finisher he swarms on hurt opponents similar pacqiaou, only prob is if he gets caught with a big shot, hows hayes chin gona hold up?!?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Teas View Post
    Speed is key. Think haye will come in and take a look for a couple of rounds see how fast or slow the jab is and work round timing off that, with his right hand, will be very exciting fight or to some people boring. All depends on if haye opens up early in the fight or later on.
    Speed kills in boxing. When a fight is so hard to call I tend to go with the quicker man.

He should follow the blueprint laid out by Corrie Sanders. He was in a similar position - powerful guy with quick hands but incapable of a long hard fight and cant absorb a flush punch from Wvlad. So Corrie stayed on the outside and used ambush tactics that worked a treat.

Barry and Ricky were on about Haye taking centre ring catching the jab and pushing Wvlad back. No chance. Thats suicidal tactics that he doesnt have the chin for. Look how he has fought his big nights against Valuev, Audley and Valuev - He has always taken a long look then burst into action. He even trains that way. No long distance runs its all about explosive bursts cuz he is an athlete and fights like 1.

I see it caution from both men, maybe we will hear some booing but Wvlads use to that, he wont mind and neither will Haye cuz whe it catches fire it will get very interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Time the jab, step off to the side Right hand over the top. That will win the fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't care less who wins. But here's what I don't get.

If there was an American/African/Asian fighter with the following characteristics

6'3, 210
    Former cruiser champ
    Four fights in three years
    Threw 13 punches a round in his only legit heavyweight win
    Has been knocked down four times in his career
    In last fight stood still and didn't throw for two rounds against a shot journeyman

Wouldn't everyone be complaining Wlad's competition still stinks?
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Haye dangerous early and then just taking a methodical beating from Wlad...If Haye has a chance to win, I believe he would have to employ an in and out strategy like Mike Spinks vs Larry Holmes but I don't believe Haye can be that disciplined. Wlad is disciplined and will not take the chances that David wants can capitalize on...with that said, I am wrong quite often

I will be rooting for David Haye...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's the hunter or hunted through out the fight could spawn a few different scenarios. Mostly all of which have Vlad poking and try to prove he's stronger and showing his size and Haye trying to find a way in an out unscathed.

Haye looks prone to eating a straight right hand. Its something that Manny and Vlad will look to land. Often times, Haye has a bad habit of stepping straight back or back pedaling into the ropes. He also leaves himself open coming in. Ideally a Haye win will happen with Haye getting rocked.. and retreating and Vlad wanting it bad enough that he walks into something big while going for the kill and Haye trying to finish. It would be the most exciting fight we could get from these too. Not a fan of one or the other but, something has to open up the heavyweight division. I'd rather watch a blown up cruiser try to stay afloat in the heavyweight division and out run a bulls eye than watch a giant sleep walk through rarely skilled and mostly unconditioned opposition. I think the Klitchsko brothers do their thing well, but judging how good the wins are or they're place in history should come from how bad their opponents look but how good they look taking down inferior opposition. Taking out a guy in 10 you could have take out in 2, doesn't speak well for a champ who goes by the name Dr. Steelhammer. I actually don't hate Vitali, at least he goes for it sometimes and tries to look like he's there to hurt someone instead of waiting for the disparity in conditioning to kick in.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a fan of either, and actually think wlad will win easy, but the way i see haye winning is to get inside somehow use that speed to catch wlad right on the soup cooler. Wlad is expecting haye to come in there and just start blasting away, maybe the opposite would throw him off a bit. For the fans of haye here i do wish him luck. The old lady in the second row could win for all i care if we can get a good fight out of it.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Time the jab, step off to the side Right hand over the top. That will win the fight.
    Its his only hope really.
    Hope he's been practicing it. I recon the only way to time that reach and jab would be to have been practicing with a tall lanky lighter weighted fast ground coverer that throws controlling jabs.Then break down the timing with reactive footwork so that as he moves Haye also shifts or attacks the jab out of the way to disrupt balance so to still catch them coming and be in distance with a finishing combo as wlads reacting. Easier said than done if you haven't been doing it in sparring. that overhand right would be a wicked finisher if the opponent was still reacting to something else so it is unseen.

Still Wlad within 10 minutes.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information