Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Ooooh criminal referrals
    https://gosar.house.gov/uploadedfile...l-referral.pdf
    ....but maybe nothing comes of that we'll see

What Is QAnon? The Craziest Theory of the Trump Era, Explained
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-i...-era-explained
    The QAnon Conspiracy Has Stumbled Into Real Life, And It’s Not Going To End Well
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b15aba8fe484

....guess we'll see
    Half a dozen loonies in the House asking for a wish list of charges because they've watched Fox and know these people are guilty doesn't mean anything Lyle. These people haven't been charged because they haven't committed any crime. And they won't be charged either. We can bet on it if you want. And/or the Qanon stuff which is barking fucking mad.

Here's what a normal sensible Republican has to say about some of these loony claims:

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr told CNN Tuesday he believed there were "sound reasons" for judges to approve the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant on former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page, in yet another break between the Republican leaders of the House and Senate intelligence committees."I don't think I ever expressed that I thought the FISA application came up short," Burr said when asked about House Republican memo alleging FBI and Justice Department abuses of the FISA process. "There (were) sound reasons as to why judges issued the FISA."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/24/p...ant/index.html

Lyle. You're believing in a guy who, if you couldn't get rich guy's justice, would be a convicted fraudster and money launderer over the FBI, DOJ, intelligence agencies and so on. It's fucking nuts Lyle. You're believing in a known con man over thousands of dedicated professional people.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Also, too ,not a word of the Steele dossier has so far been disproved. Even Steele says not all of it will eventually prove to be accurate and nobody has ever claimed the whole thing is accurate, but Steele reckons two thirds to three quarters is accurate. Of course you haven't read it but maybe you could have a quick look and contemplate if even half of it is accurate what that would mean for the Trump people.
    So you fully believe in a dossier that the AUTHOR admits isn't true?

Ok
    He doesn't "admit it isn't true". He says it's raw intelligence which means probably about two thirds of it is accurate. So far however none of it has been disproved.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NBC/WSJ POLL: Donald Trump’s approval rating has risen to 45%, with disapproval at 52%.

Among Republicans, 88% approve.

That’s the highest intra-party rating of any president at this stage since the dawn of modern polling, except Bush post-9/11.

Republican presidents always maintain solid backing from their base. Hoover reacted tothe Wall Street Crash by allowing the markets to sort themselves out and return the country to prosperity. By the 1932 election this had worked so well that the New York Stock Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade had closed. Thirty-two states had shut their banks. Texas had restricted withdrawals to $10 a day. Few states could borrow on the bond markets. Illinois and much of the South had stopped paying teachers. Schools closed for months. An army of 25,000 famished war veterans squatting in view of Congress had been charged by troopers of the 3rd US cavalry with naked sabres – led by a Major George Patton.

Armed farmers threatening revolution had laid siege to a string or Prairie cities. A mob had stormed the Nebraska Capitol. Minnesota's governor was recruiting Communists only for the state militia. Lawyers attempting to enforce foreclosures were shot. More than 100,000 New Yorkers applied to go to the Soviet Union when Moscow advertised for 6,000 skilled workers.

He still got 84% of his 1928 vote but lost in a landslide. Nobody knows what's going to happen in 2020 yet. The Democrats could easily self destruct and Trump walks to a reelection but it really all depends on the economy. The one thing keeping his support where it is is the economy. When it eventually goes his support will drop. Elections almost without exception are decided on how the economy is doing in the six months before election day.

El Kabong Guest

Republican presidents always maintain solid backing from their base. Hoover reacted tothe Wall Street Crash by allowing the markets to sort themselves out and return the country to prosperity. By the 1932 election this had worked so well that the New York Stock Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade had closed. Thirty-two states had shut their banks. Texas had restricted withdrawals to $10 a day. Few states could borrow on the bond markets. Illinois and much of the South had stopped paying teachers. Schools closed for months. An army of 25,000 famished war veterans squatting in view of Congress had been charged by troopers of the 3rd US cavalry with naked sabres – led by a Major George Patton.

Armed farmers threatening revolution had laid siege to a string or Prairie cities. A mob had stormed the Nebraska Capitol. Minnesota's governor was recruiting Communists only for the state militia. Lawyers attempting to enforce foreclosures were shot. More than 100,000 New Yorkers applied to go to the Soviet Union when Moscow advertised for 6,000 skilled workers.

He still got 84% of his 1928 vote but lost in a landslide. Nobody knows what's going to happen in 2020 yet. The Democrats could easily self destruct and Trump walks to a reelection but it really all depends on the economy. The one thing keeping his support where it is is the economy. When it eventually goes his support will drop. Elections almost without exception are decided on how the economy is doing in the six months before election day.
    Reasonable enough response Kirkland. Although you don't give any credit to MacArthur for his role in ousting the bonus army.

Parts of Minnesota still aren't far off from recruiting Commies only. Why wouldn't New Yorkers go to the USSR at that point in time? Not like they knew about the harsh realities of the Holomodor or anything what with Walter Duranty giving nothing but glowing reviews to the Commies in the New York Times...he won a Pulitzer for those lies as well.

Trump might not even need to run in 2020 providing the system changes enough. But like you said "we'll see"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/23/stra...t-the-fed.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/20/trum...l-reserve.html

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reasonable enough response Kirkland. Although you don't give any credit to MacArthur for his role in ousting the bonus army.

Parts of Minnesota still aren't far off from recruiting Commies only. Why wouldn't New Yorkers go to the USSR at that point in time? Not like they knew about the harsh realities of the Holomodor or anything what with Walter Duranty giving nothing but glowing reviews to the Commies in the New York Times...he won a Pulitzer for those lies as well.

Trump might not even need to run in 2020 providing the system changes enough. But like you said "we'll see"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/23/stra...t-the-fed.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/20/trum...l-reserve.html
    If you remember candidate Trump criticised the Fed for keeping interest rates so low during the previous eight years, said they should be much higher. Now he's in office he's completely changed his tune. The bottom line is the Fed have to raise rates at some point so they've got something to work with when the next recesion hits. The people he's appointing to the Fed show his incoherence too. One of them six years ago was calling for rate raises then, said he didn't believe the Fed could get unemployment below 7% anymore. He's appointing some clueless fuckers and may even manage to fuck the Fed up too. Then you really will have a problem in America. Rememeber me saying how powerful they were and the amount of control they have over your life versus politicians? Last wek? Is that still on the shelf?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Excessive inflation is when prices rise faster than wages. A starting job here will pay 2.1 million which is what I earned 15 years ago. Real inflation tends to be 5% and up each year. It is not rocket science to see that making that almost the minimum wage will lead to yet more inflation. It is insane too considering an entry level teacher is a little bit above cleaning a corridor. Getting towards Commie territory and capitalism gone wrong.
    What are the economic conditions that will lead to this excess inflation? And what the fuck is stage one collapse? What are the subsequent stages?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For eight years if I didn’t agree with my president I was a racist. Now if I agree with my president I am a racist

El Kabong Guest

If you remember candidate Trump criticised the Fed for keeping interest rates so low during the previous eight years, said they should be much higher. Now he's in office he's completely changed his tune. The bottom line is the Fed have to raise rates at some point so they've got something to work with when the next recesion hits. The people he's appointing to the Fed show his incoherence too. One of them six years ago was calling for rate raises then, said he didn't believe the Fed could get unemployment below 7% anymore. He's appointing some clueless fuckers and may even manage to fuck the Fed up too. Then you really will have a problem in America. Rememeber me saying how powerful they were and the amount of control they have over your life versus politicians? Last wek? Is that still on the shelf?
    We live in interesting times, we'll see what he does with the Fed. Maybe he does away with it altogether, maybe he does nothing, maybe he audits it, maybe he announces himself as King of the Wicker People and wears pants made of ice cream.....we shall just have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excessive inflation is when prices rise faster than wages. A starting job here will pay 2.1 million which is what I earned 15 years ago. Real inflation tends to be 5% and up each year. It is not rocket science to see that making that almost the minimum wage will lead to yet more inflation. It is insane too considering an entry level teacher is a little bit above cleaning a corridor. Getting towards Commie territory and capitalism gone wrong.
    What are the economic conditions that will lead to this excess inflation? And what the fuck is stage one collapse? What are the subsequent stages?
    Look at Venezuela for a study in inflation. It is now an egg based economy

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breaking....eu begs for mercy and cucks

Trump had a meeting with the EU commissioner, the drunken lunatic Jean-Claude Juncker, who believes in reptoid aliens controlling human events.

The EU has apparently cucked out on all fronts, and is now begging Trump not to bury them.

Regrettably, Trump is listening to their whining.

I would have preferred he just nuke Berlin.

ABC News:

President Donald Trump announced an agreement with the European Union on tariffs – an effort to dial back what had been an escalating trade feud.

“We agreed today, first of all, to work together toward zero tariffs, zero nontariff barriers and zero subsidies on non-auto industrial goods,” Trump said during his remarks in the Rose Garden as he stood next European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker. “We will also work to reduce barriers and increase trade and services, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, medical products as well as soybeans. Soybeans is a big deal. And the European Union is going to start almost immediately to buy a lot of soybeans.”

Trump also indicated that the U.S. will enable the European Union to import more liquefied natural gas from the United States and the creation of a dialogue on standards meant to reduce barriers to trade. As part of the agreement, the U.S. will move to end some of the retaliatory tariffs relating to steel and aluminum.

“We also will resolve the steel and aluminum tariff issues and we will resolve retaliatory tariffs. We have some tariffs that are retaliatory and that will get resolved as part of what we are doing,” Trump said.

Juncker echoed Trump’s description of their meeting and said that the EU would hold off on further tariffs as they work with America.

“We also agreed to work together on the reform of the WTO. This, of course, is on the understanding that as long as we are negotiating, unless one party would stop the negotiations, we hold off further tariffs and reassess existing tariffs on steel and aluminum. This was a good, constructive meeting,” Juncker said.

Talk about groveling like an abused dog.

This guy had to have been double-black-out drunk to stand this level of public humiliation. Or maybe the reptoids installed a chip in his brain making him incapable of feeling shame.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are very demanding, but being very polite, so I don't mind.

I think stage one collapse was the type seen in 2008. I don't believe there has been a recovery as such because if there was then interest rates would be about 5% and they are obviously not. The next collapse will come and interest rates will be low and I am not quite sure how the next stages evolve as it is really kind of new territory to be doing this.

My own attitude is that interest rates should have gone up sooner, that the big banks been divided up and reset, and that a lot of hardship needed to be endured to go back to an honest starting point. It didn't happen and buying of time happened whence the problems being faced.

I don't have all the answers obviously, but think it very important to be sensible and not be getting into a lot of debt right now.

Out here the economy is tanking. Massive oversupply of property, record youth unemployment, manufacturing shipped off overseas, and record personal debt. The central bank here is stuck and meanwhile the government has increased the minimum wage 30% in 2 years. Trust me, if I was cleaning toilets on the minimum wage now you can have a pretty good life. I think the same about the UK too actually except they have millions of immigrants competing with you too making it harder. Obviously I am not greedy and don't need 2 holidays a year, a sports car, or a Walrus watch.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Less than 9% immigrants Miles. Have you ever had a cleaning job? It's not great fun tbh.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is good and bad in any job. Brett Anderson didn't mind cleaning toilets. I washed the dishes in a restaurant. It was alright. You didn't need to speak to a lot of people or take orders like a waiter, but you were at the bottom. I really don't mind work like that. I am an introvert and have to become Marilyn Monroe to do what I do now. It was easier then.

El Kabong Guest

Louie Gohmert: "Robert Mueller Unmasked"
    https://1zwchz1jbsr61f1c4mgf0abl-wpe...r_UNMASKED.pdf

Harsh words

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is good and bad in any job. Brett Anderson didn't mind cleaning toilets. I washed the dishes in a restaurant. It was alright. You didn't need to speak to a lot of people or take orders like a waiter, but you were at the bottom. I really don't mind work like that. I am an introvert and have to become Marilyn Monroe to do what I do now. It was easier then.
    I washed dishes. Didn’t mind it. It was one of my first jobs and after tips I was making about 17 quid or USD an hour. Free booze and food as well.

Thread Information