Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default losing weight!

17 days ago i weighted myself at 152.5 lbs, and today i weighed in at 143.7 lbs. do the math that is a lost of 8.8 lbs in 2 weeks and 3 days. my diet is the standard 6 small meal diet throughout the day. i run/kick box/pilates/tae bo/weight-train depending on the day. is this a good rate of losing weight for me? i am trying to get down to 126-135 range, and that is considering within 3-4 months give or take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: losing weight!

Yeah that sounds pretty good to me I think. Eating right plays a big role in your diet of course. But doing all the running and exercising you are doing increases your weight loss too. Great job by the way and im sure just stick at what you are doing now and you will reach your goal. Hard part is trying to keep it there once you do get there. Discipline, discipline, discipline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTinx
    17 days ago i weighted myself at 152.5 lbs, and today i weighed in at 143.7 lbs. do the math that is a lost of 8.8 lbs in 2 weeks and 3 days. my diet is the standard 6 small meal diet throughout the day. i run/kick box/pilates/tae bo/weight-train depending on the day. is this a good rate of losing weight for me? i am trying to get down to 126-135 range, and that is considering within 3-4 months give or take.
    I stuff myself with anything i want to eat over the weekend and on Monday i usually weigh around 142, By thursday I weight 132. On friday i repeat the process. If i didnt and stayed on the same diet as i do during the week i could easily make 120 but i dont because the lightest people we have a t the gym are 135. when i sparr these guys i dont want them to have a 15lbs adavantage so i try to stay in the 130's.

about two weeks before i compete I decide i wanna fight at 132, 125, or 119

Im extremely strong for 132 even stronger at 119. This is because when i was a little kid at the age of about 10 all i did was lift weights like my brother because i wanted to do everything he did, the result was me weighing 160 bench pressing 285 lbs at the age of 16.

then i started boxing and stopped lifting by the time i got that light i was incredibly strong and not that slow either.

Dont worry about losing weight that fast as long as its done healthy and your not starving yourself

im only 5'6" by the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTinx
    so I'm gathering from this you have quite a bit of "extra" weight correct? remember, you lose muscle as well when ever you lose weight....losing 25-30 lbs in 3 months is not unheard of but don't plan on it.....if you are fairly athletic you won't have 25 or 30 to lose...not if you weigh 152 now...and if you are in great shape already you could be looking at health problems (kidney damage) if you drop to much weight...how tall are you and how big your build is will dictate this..if you're over 5'7-5'8 with a medium build the there is no way you should get down to 130's but if you're 5'7 or less and actually have a small frame then go for it...remember Jockey's only weight 119 and those guys are really small....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good responses guys.

I am 5'7, very athletic/cut/toned/not much more fat to lose i guess

leads me to my next question. when trying to find the proper weight to fight at, don't you want to go as low as possible so you can have your best chances at dominating in that weight class?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no, as an amatuer just fight as your natural weight, if your 1 pound over the limit for a lower weight class... loose that pound but if its a lot of weight to loose... say over 4-5 pounds then don't do it.

When pros dry up for a bout they loose some weight, get conditioned and then dry up on the day of the way in so they make the weight... they then rehydrate etc so they balloon back up to their natural weight come fight night... Amatuers can't do that (well not as drastically as pros) because we fight more often... its not the fighting which would do it though... its constantly having to make an abnormal weight... it fatigues and drains you when you do it often... as an amatuer you could fight once a week...

If your not loosing fat your loosing muscle, water and energy sources besides fat... if you loose as much weight as you can your going to loose all of those things and suffer for it.

Thread Information