Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Perfect Chin

I don't know about anyone else on this forum, but there is one quality I love in a fighter: a fanastic chin.

Just about all of my favourite boxers can take a hell of a punch. The likes of Morales, Castillo, Barrera, Harrison, McCullough. I could have almost cried when Morales got stopped. It didn't seem possible. The same goes for Castillo. McCullough was different. The doctor pulled him out against Larios, despite McCullough at no point being hurt in the bout. But I digress.

My challenge to you good people is to find the fighter with the perfect chin. To qualify, he must never have been down or stopped. Being stopped on cuts is different. That can be allowed. I literally want to see a fighter who has never even remotely been shaken in the ring. I could care less if he's a journeyman who's fed to rising stars. If he keeps coming at them no matter what, he qualifies. I know of at least one journeyman out there similar to this. His name escapes me, however.

So if anyone has made it to the end of this post and wants to take up the challenge, do what you have to do. Browse boxrec, consult your memory, fellow boxing fans. Curious to see what names people come up with

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Perfect Chin

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    Good one CC

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    those eyebrows are fecking huge!

And a nice piece of square on the head!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didnt know mr t was making a comeback,good for him.

i pity da fool who wants to touch my chin.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ali could take some punishment....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    ali could take some punishment....
    but i suppose being knocked down before possibly rules him out of clydey's definition of perfect chin....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have a perfect looking chin however if it were to be punched i would most likely snap in half.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by barbaro
    i have a perfect looking chin however if it were to be punched i would most likely snap in half.
    jimmy hill has a very impressive chin!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=004537

Marion Wilson.

Pretty much all you need to know, for anyone who hasn't heard of him.. He really can't fight but his chin is certainly freakish, never been stopped... Look how many god damn HUGE punchers he has fought, probably was alot of ppl's first fight to go the distance ie Sam Peter and many other young guys he has fought.. Just crazy, how he can take it all.. Every one of the elite fighters he has met have probably unleashed and teed up on him for long periods of time, but just noone can actually hurt him. Only seen one fight of his myself, and I don't even remember who it was against. But he actually fought to a draw with Ray Mercer back in 94, I could imagine what kind of unimaginable slugfest that was..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with David Tua as a good choice. Years ago Randall "Tex" Cobb was known for his chin although his defensive skills were so poor that even the iron-chinned Tex got stopped a few times.

Here's something I've noticed for awhile: iron-chinned fighters rarely clinch. This is because they're willing to get into a slugfest and trade heavy shots on the inside. That's my kind of fighting so I'm quite partial to that type of fighter.

George Foreman had an iron chin, but like Tex Cobb his defensive skills were not good enough, at least in the 1st part of his career. During his comeback he was never knocked down in spite of facing a number of big punchers such as Morrison, Holyfield, Cooney and Alex Stewart. I think George deserves serious consideration for having the greatest chin ever in spite of his loss to Ali (exhaustion and carelessness) and his knockdowns suffered at the hands of Ron Lyle (total defensive meltdown) and Jimmy Young (exhaustion again).

In the old days, Jake La Motta was known for his iron chin. Pound for pound La Motta's chin might have been the best ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking

Marion Wilson.

Pretty much all you need to know, for anyone who hasn't heard of him.. He really can't fight but his chin is certainly freakish, never been stopped... Look how many god damn HUGE punchers he has fought, probably was alot of ppl's first fight to go the distance ie Sam Peter and many other young guys he has fought.. Just crazy, how he can take it all.. Every one of the elite fighters he has met have probably unleashed and teed up on him for long periods of time, but just noone can actually hurt him. Only seen one fight of his myself, and I don't even remember who it was against. But he actually fought to a draw with Ray Mercer back in 94, I could imagine what kind of unimaginable slugfest that was..
    Ohhh! Shat I forgot about Wilson and Tex Cobbs.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marion Wilson.

Wait. Is that the huge fat guy? He fought Rahman b4 too right?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales didn't go down because of his chin! He went down because of the beating he took and he was exausted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marion Wilson.

Good find.
    I think we mighten have heard of the boxer with the best chin
    could have a great chin but cant fight so good

Thread Information