Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default About Jermain Taylor and how this shows

he is a good fighter... he stood up to Hopkins and had two very close fights. He is very skilled and talented. I think he will give Winky a very close fight because he can box with the best, and that was before he got Steward in his corner.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: About Jermain Taylor and how this shows

He'll beat Winky comfortably in my opinion.

I think all Dan Birmingham fighter's are overrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think WInky is overrated at all... IMO he does his own thing, and he is one of the best out there, but what most people don't acknowledge is so is Taylor. BTW I thought Hopkins was going to get KO'ed and I am so happy he won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't show squat about Jermain Taylor, are you kidding me

First of all Jermain Taylor doesn't fight the way Tarver fights, doesn't try defense the way Tarver tries, doesn't use his jab like Tarver tries, and Tarver is a southpaw.

The styles of both Jermain and Tarver are so far apart its laughable to compare styles and try to upgrade Jermain Taylor because of what Bernard just did to Antonio.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I do not think WInky is overrated at all... IMO he does his own thing, and he is one of the best out there, but what most people don't acknowledge is so is Taylor. BTW I thought Hopkins was going to get KO'ed and I am so happy he won.
    Yeah I'm pleased for Bernard as well, fantastic performance and at such an old age as well.

His legacy is assured now and he'll probably go down as one of the best of all time.

Not sure if he'll be able to keep out of retirement though, and I'd wager that Calzaghe, Woods and Johnsonn would all be a lot hungrier than Tarver was last night.

Personally I think he'll have one last fight.............

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

First of all Jermain Taylor doesn't fight the way Tarver fights, doesn't try defense the way Tarver tries, doesn't use his jab like Tarver tries, and Tarver is a southpaw.

The styles of both Jermain and Tarver are so far apart its laughable to compare styles and try to upgrade Jermain Taylor because of what Bernard just did to Antonio.
    A bit harsh Starr :P

It does reflect well on Taylor though as nobody has looked good against Hopkins in recent years and Taylor is the only fighter to have given him trouble. The fact that he's gone on to beat Tarver shows that age had nothing to do with Taylor's victories and that he didn't beat a Hopkins on the slide.

He beat a champion at the top of tree, so I think Taylor deserves respect.

He will get it in a couple weeks time......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    he is a good fighter... he stood up to Hopkins and had two very close fights. He is very skilled and talented. I think he will give Winky a very close fight because he can box with the best, and that was before he got Steward in his corner.
    I think this will be an excellent fight..with Winky pulling out a UD...I still don't think 6 weeks is enough time for Manny to change Taylors "style"...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

It does reflect well on Taylor though as nobody has looked good against Hopkins in recent years and Taylor is the only fighter to have given him trouble. The fact that he's gone on to beat Tarver shows that age had nothing to do with Taylor's victories and that he didn't beat a Hopkins on the slide.

I'm harsh because I knew people would take thie route and try to upgrade Jermain for what Bernard did to Tarver. Two different fighters, and two different circumstances. Stop trying to build up another fighter off of two different styles. Because if Taylor was a southpaw and fought the same style Antonio did, he would have gone out the same way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Starr is always harsh if she doesn't like some one elses opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally agree with star...two totally different styles!!! J.T postures his body to let you know if you lunge in I will clobber you. he planted his feet and dared B-Hop to come in.he had his guard super low and B-hop refused to attack until J.T was winded..B-hop did the same thing over and over to Tarver.Make him move his feet and jump in.J.T will have his hands full saturday night against a guy who is seasoned,focused and has never- not showed up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shows nothing! You can only read each fight as it happens. Styles make fights. Taylor had right style to upset B-hop, Tarver didnt. Taylor Vs Tarver would be a whole new story. Tarver was more suited to RJJs hit and run style than he was to Hopkins in your face and power. He got smothered instead of smothering. Every fight is different with different styles. One saying comes to mind.......If my Aunty had balls she would be my Uncle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

I'm harsh because I knew people would take thie route and try to upgrade Jermain for what Bernard did to Tarver. Two different fighters, and two different circumstances. Stop trying to build up another fighter off of two different styles. Because if Taylor was a southpaw and fought the same style Antonio did, he would have gone out the same way
    What kind of sense does this make? If Taylor fought the same way antonio did he would have gone out the same way? No he doesnt fight the same way as Tarver because he is a far superior boxer than tarver. He is faster and used his jab to keep Hopkins from coming in on him like he did Tarver who has no jab. I'm not quite sure what kind of point your trying to make. This fight doest prove anything that i didnt already know before. I knew that Taylor was a superior boxer to Tarver, and i also knew that HOpkins would win this fight and predicted a Late round KO or UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are finally going to see just how good Winky is.....apparently they a writing off the Trinidad fight like it was nothing and looking at the Soliman fight as gospel.... Winky is going to embarrass Taylor the same way he did Trinidad......or I'm going to be wayyyyy off....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your gonna be more than waaaay off.

Thread Information