Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Weight problems

Not to beat a dead horse with Rocky_Bolt's topic, but I too have noticed in the past 3 weeks I have been losing too much weight. I started out quite healthy, 155-160 lbs, though much of that was not hard muscle weight. I eat like a horse normally bc my metabolism has always been quite high, and I am 24. I started training at the boxing gym, and changed my diet up to more carbs, fruits, and proteins, and in addition started drinking high calorie (900 a serving) carb/protein shakes to at least keep my weight and energy up. But I noticed on the scale last week I lost around 8 lbs... I noticed I must have been losing body fat since my abs have become more visible now. I do some weight training in addition (chest, triceps) for strength, and am concerned about losing much more weight. I know lean muscle mass is much harder to lose, but I would like to keep the mass I have if not build it up a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Weight problems

Quote Originally Posted by hydroman19
    Not to beat a dead horse with Rocky_Bolt's topic, but I too have noticed in the past 3 weeks I have been losing too much weight. I started out quite healthy, 155-160 lbs, though much of that was not hard muscle weight. I eat like a horse normally bc my metabolism has always been quite high, and I am 24. I started training at the boxing gym, and changed my diet up to more carbs, fruits, and proteins, and in addition started drinking high calorie (900 a serving) carb/protein shakes to at least keep my weight and energy up. But I noticed on the scale last week I lost around 8 lbs... I noticed I must have been losing body fat since my abs have become more visible now. I do some weight training in addition (chest, triceps) for strength, and am concerned about losing much more weight. I know lean muscle mass is much harder to lose, but I would like to keep the mass I have if not build it up a bit more.
    the mass is most likely fat that is like a thin sheet over the muscles....don't worry you will be ok.....I have had fighters come to me with a six pack visible at 155-160 and I have seen them go down to 140-145.....rock solid w/viens coming out the shoulders solid.......keep punchin!!!!!!...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hehe, thanks for the advice, just didnt want to drop below 145.... otherwise its back to the pork rinds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would also add more proteins and Complex carbs to the diet....

A small weight lifting program would really do some good here, muscle weighs more than fat so , this could help balance everything out for you...

Good Luck

Coach

Thread Information