Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Khan/Calzaghe/Hatton for UK sportsman of the year.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan/Calzaghe/Hatton for UK sportsman of the year.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Chee/Chee_0705a06.htm

Who Deserves To Be Sports Personality Of Year ? Bookies struggle to find candidates for Sports Personality of Year and ask: IS THIS THE WORST YEAR EVER FOR BRITISH SPORTSMEN?

Following Andy Murray's defeat at Wimbledon, William Hill lengthened his odds from 2/1 favourite to 6/1 to win the BBC TV Sports Personality of the Year, and promoted Colin Montgomerie to 5/1 favourite to win the annual award. 'We are struggling to find any British sportsman who has managed a significant achievement this year which would entitle them to consideration for this prestigious award' said William Hill spokesman
    Graham Sharpe, ' The footballers had been dominating the market, but have come home with their tails between their legs .In fact we believe that the greyhound Westmead Hawk, who has a real tail, and who won his second successive William Hill Greyhound Derby before suffering a career-ending injury recently should be given special dispensation to be considered this year as his human rivals have under-achieved so badly'

Hills make Steven Gerrard 6/1 joint second favourite - 'But for his domestic, rather than World Cup achievements', and have boxers Joe Calzaghe, Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan all quoted at 10/1. 'Calzaghe's World Title win was a stupendous achievement and if there were any justice he would win the award, but it was seen by comparatively few tv viewers. No one could justifiably argue that any members of the national football, cricket and rugby teams deserve to win the award this year, while our athletes and F1 drivers haven't set the world alight, and we are genuinely at a loss to come up with credible contenders. Still, if it persuaded him to smile in public it would be good to see Monty collect the award'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan/Calzaghe/Hatton for UK sportsman of the year.

Hard to say, they cant give it that PRICK Murray, he is a twat.

Khan would get it over Hatton, due to the fact Khans more in the public eye, and a normal TV boxer.

Hattons a PPV Sky Boxer, even though he is the only real UK act to win anything this year, and that being a World Title

It really should be Hatton but it will probably be Gerrad

But then again Stevie Gerrard is QUALITY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@

Khan would get it over Hatton, due to the fact Khans more in the public eye, and a normal TV boxer.

Hattons a PPV Sky Boxer, even though he is the only real UK act to win anything this year, and that being a World Title

Kahn ahead of Hatton would be a joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@

Kahn ahead of Hatton would be a joke

I agree, but you know what Englands like for loving a loser and hating a winner...

Not saying Khans a Loser, but what the fuck has he done, apart from nearly be knocked-out due to showboating by some bum from hungary who probably hasnt even got a house and 13 kids to feed, and then asks for Khans autograph after the bell, most likely to feed those very 13 kids!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how could you not like murray? guys a wicked fighter, and how was khan almost knocked out, i remember him getting caught but i dont think he was hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    how could you not like murray? guys a wicked fighter, and how was khan almost knocked out, i remember him getting caught but i dont think he was hurt.
    How can you not like Murray?

Mate i am a big tennis fan and alot of other fans from around the world hate him with a passion, he acts like a petulent ( spelling ) little kid on court, has no mannors what so ever, did you see his game against Bagdahtis, he needs to fucking grow up, have you seen the guy Nadal who is the same age? Maybe he needs to take a leaf out of his book on how to act on court. He is lossing fans rather than gaining fans with his sulky spolit rants on court.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    How can you not like Murray?

Mate i am a big tennis fan and alot of other fans from around the world hate him with a passion, he acts like a petulent ( spelling ) little kid on court, has no mannors what so ever, did you see his game against Bagdahtis, he needs to fucking grow up, have you seen the guy Nadal who is the same age? Maybe he needs to take a leaf out of his book on how to act on court. He is lossing fans rather than gaining fans with his sulky spolit rants on court.
    But Murray doesn't wear capri pants :-x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DAMN, I WAS ON ABOUT JOHN MURRAY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir dont deserve it hes done nothing only fight bums.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately all of out sports stars have done fuck all this year.

My vote would go to Little Britain star David Walliams, for swimming the channel. :P

Thread Information