Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default LEDERMAN!

Is it just me or is lederman just an absolute god? i mean he just rocks . hes funny as hell his voice is awesome and full of energy and hes always right! admit it you love lederman too!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LEDERMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by body head banger
    Is it just me or is lederman just an absolute god? i mean he just rocks . hes funny as hell his voice is awesome and full of energy and hes always right! admit it you love lederman too!
    I aint ashamed! I love that bitch too! There's a ritual here at the house that my wife LOATHES...when Lederman is making his pre-fight speech...& he get's to the point of "There is no 3 knockdown rule & the fighter cannot be saved by the bell...blah blah blah" & he's just about to get to his introduction of Lampley...I take a big deep breath, time it, & yell out "JIM!!!" at the same time that he does!

That shit's like nails on a chalkboard to her...weekend after weekend & month after month...which breaks down into years...so yeah...I can say I love Lederman too.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lmao yeh bro thats sweet. haha i love talking along with lederman when he comes in with there is no three knockdown rule and incase of an accidental headbutt we go to the scorecards after 4 rounds are done...hah its music to my ears. cc for a fellow lederman fan!!
    lol
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hell yeah!!

hes the real deal, and whats nice is that his daughter julie is a judge and shes almost always dead on with al's scorecard (which is usually the absolute truth)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lederman for president!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I agree, Ledderman, Lampley and Merchant make a great team, I like the way

The hyper enthusiatic unofficial scorer who is the knowledgeable member of the group and makes any fight sound exciting, the casual fan in Lampley who represents all of us, and the old, slighty senile drunk man in the pub in Merchant, who doesn't really know what is going on but he joins in the fun and action and so gets accepted anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh man merchant makes me chuckle aswell, he always gets peoples names wrong way round, and well needless to say lampley is the voice of big fight boxing... i dunno i just dont feel the same about espn and tessitore its just not the same...
    HBO has all the game.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh man merchant makes me chuckle aswell, he always gets peoples names wrong way round, and well needless to say lampley is the voice of big fight boxing... i dunno i just dont feel the same about espn and tessitore its just not the same...
    HBO has all the game.
    I do wish Teddy Atlas was on HBO though as the expert commentator. For me he's the only guy in boxing who really breaks a fight down for the casual fan.

As someone who has never boxed I have learnt to understand a fight and to read it properly more from Atlas than anybody else.

A few recent examples are Sultan Ibragimov crossing his legs, Anthony Peterson keeping his gloves high to protect his ears etc.

He tells you what to look for and then analyises the fight in depth during it as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh i guess you make a good point i mean im a boxer so i guess i understand the little things more.. but then i still found out alot of little great things from foreman! is foreman still doing the commentary now cos i havnt seen a fight on hbo in a fair while like and i heard hes not doin it any more, and even roy jones has been fired that sucks
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh i guess you make a good point i mean im a boxer so i guess i understand the little things more.. but then i still found out alot of little great things from foreman! is foreman still doing the commentary now cos i havnt seen a fight on hbo in a fair while like and i heard hes not doin it any more, and even roy jones has been fired that sucks
    Yeah I like Foreman.

I was just remembering some of my funniest Merchant moments, do you remember the De La Hoya Vargas fight

Merchant. 'Why hasn't De La Hoya pressed his advantage, why hasn't he explored whether Vargas is still groggy, why is he giving him a chance to recuporate?

Lampley: And down goes Vargas from a monster left hook!

Still cracks up me up thinking about it, seriously Merchant doesn't have a clue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol yeh he seems to doze off and wake up trying to make a statement he hopes is right, then someone gets dropped and hes like well you could see he was going down sooner or later, lol.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Merchant is always the first to notice and report on blood.

"... and there is blood under the left eye of ..."

Some of his metaphorical reaches are really a stretch. His attempts at doing deep color are a bit comical, like when he's not as deep as what he's trying to say.

But it wouldn't be HBO without him.

Bring George back - hung on his every word, loved when he and Merchant argued; George was always right.

And I've always like the pharmacist dude from the very beginning -

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I aint ashamed! I love that bitch too! There's a ritual here at the house that my wife LOATHES...when Lederman is making his pre-fight speech...& he get's to the point of "There is no 3 knockdown rule & the fighter cannot be saved by the bell...blah blah blah" & he's just about to get to his introduction of Lampley...I take a big deep breath, time it, & yell out "JIM!!!" at the same time that he does!

That S***'s like nails on a chalkboard to her...weekend after weekend & month after month...which breaks down into years...so yeah...I can say I love Lederman too.
    You get away with all the DRBR's while maintaining a reasonable relationship with a woman?!? I never knew such a thing was possible, and I assumed you were a bachelor dude! The hardest thing must be explaining why you can never go out on Saturday's because of the DRBR's!!!!! Much respect to yavwacko, you seem to be doing the impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its amazing how Lederman is always dead on (or within a round of the correct scoring).

Lederman says, 10 rounds to 0
    then merchant comes on and says i have it even!
    Like anyone cares how merchant DOESNT see the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

That S***'s like nails on a chalkboard to her...weekend after weekend & month after month...which breaks down into years...so yeah...I can say I love Lederman too.
    You get away with all the DRBR's while maintaining a reasonable relationship with a woman?!? I never knew such a thing was possible, and I assumed you were a bachelor dude! The hardest thing must be explaining why you can never go out on Saturday's because of the DRBR's!!!!! Much respect to yavwacko, you seem to be doing the impossible.
    Babe...you have no idea. Let's just say that on Sunday's I work my hang overs off by planting gotdam flowers & diggin a lot of fwockin holes!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information