Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default De La Hoya speaks on Margarito & questions Mayweather Jr

By DHB (Aug 31, 2006)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a recent Interview conducted by Doghouse Boxing's Coyote Duran, Oscar De La Hoya had plenty to say. Amongst revealing that Tito Trinidad is in the running with Floyd Mayweather Jr. for Oscar's last fight, Oscar also had plenty to say on the Antonio Margarito and Floyd Mayweather Jr situation.

De La Hoya had advice for Margarito and did not hold back when questioning Mayweather credentials over some of the things Mayweather has said about
    Margarito.

Oscar De La Hoya tells DoghouseBoxing,: "He’s (Margarito) a young fighter. He should stay active. He still has a lot to learn obviously in this game. You’re never too old to learn. He’s young, he’s strong, he’s motivated. Keep him active! Don’t wait for that one big payday. Just keep on going, keep fighting! That would be my advice to him."

De La Hoya added in regards to Mayweather: "It’s like Mayweather wanting to fight me. Just keep fighting, keep going. ‘Cause one thing that Mayweather’s saying about Margarito is “Who have you fought? Why do you deserve this?” You know, I can say the same thing about Mayweather! Who have YOU fought and why do you deserve to fight me? You’ve done what, 350,000 pay-per-view buys? 400, tops?? I’ve done a million-four with (Felix) Trinidad so why should you fight me? It’s the same thing over and over. Look, (to Mayweather) keep on fighting, stay active, stay busy and if the fights come, they come. Don’t keep pushing for them. They will happen. If the fans demand them, they will happen. If those fights are the best, those fights will happen. Fighters sometimes have to be very patient."

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: De La Hoya speaks on Margarito & questions Mayweather Jr

CC.
    Great read. I guess Oscar told PBF. Had this been a live conversation, there is no doubt that PBF would of stuttered just like he did when he was being interviewed Friday on ESPN.

hehehheeehheee.

Good advice from Goldie. I had said all along that Oscar would not fight PBF. Not cus he is scared or nothing like that. It's cus Oscar don't want PBF to get paid. I am sure Mayweather Senior don't want to see his son get paid neither. PBF passed up 8 mil for Tony and is rumored to make 8 mil and 1 against Baldi. I will be rooting for Baldi. But, there is nothing here that will indicate that Baldi will win. This might be one of PBF's best fights. Just a hunch.

Peace.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    CC.
    Great read. I guess Oscar told PBF. Had this been a live conversation, there is no doubt that PBF would of stuttered just like he did when he was being interviewed Friday on ESPN.

hehehheeehheee.

Good advice from Goldie. I had said all along that Oscar would not fight PBF. Not cus he is scared or nothing like that. It's cus Oscar don't want PBF to get paid. I am sure Mayweather Senior don't want to see his son get paid neither. PBF passed up 8 mil for Tony and is rumored to make 8 mil and 1 against Baldi. I will be rooting for Baldi. But, there is nothing here that will indicate that Baldi will win. This might be one of PBF's best fights. Just a hunch.

Peace.
    cc back at ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24
    By DHB (Aug 31, 2006)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a recent Interview conducted by Doghouse Boxing's Coyote Duran, Oscar De La Hoya had plenty to say. Amongst revealing that Tito Trinidad is in the running with Floyd Mayweather Jr. for Oscar's last fight, Oscar also had plenty to say on the Antonio Margarito and Floyd Mayweather Jr situation.

De La Hoya had advice for Margarito and did not hold back when questioning Mayweather credentials over some of the things Mayweather has said about
    Margarito.

Oscar De La Hoya tells DoghouseBoxing,: "He’s (Margarito) a young fighter. He should stay active. He still has a lot to learn obviously in this game. You’re never too old to learn. He’s young, he’s strong, he’s motivated. Keep him active! Don’t wait for that one big payday. Just keep on going, keep fighting! That would be my advice to him."

De La Hoya added in regards to Mayweather: "It’s like Mayweather wanting to fight me. Just keep fighting, keep going. ‘Cause one thing that Mayweather’s saying about Margarito is “Who have you fought? Why do you deserve this?” You know, I can say the same thing about Mayweather! Who have YOU fought and why do you deserve to fight me? You’ve done what, 350,000 pay-per-view buys? 400, tops?? I’ve done a million-four with (Felix) Trinidad so why should you fight me? It’s the same thing over and over. Look, (to Mayweather) keep on fighting, stay active, stay busy and if the fights come, they come. Don’t keep pushing for them. They will happen. If the fans demand them, they will happen. If those fights are the best, those fights will happen. Fighters sometimes have to be very patient."

last time i checked, pbf was p4p#1 and had world titles in 4 different weight classes without ever losing to anybody (unlike margarito who hasnt EVER fought anybody, and just LOST to a nobody a few fights ago. but he does hold that legendary wbo belt that he obtained without ever fighting a champ)

heres the bottom line..............
    oscar doesnt want his career to end on a loss, so he isnt too sold on fighting floyd
    so instead, he decides hes gonna fight an inactive, waaay faded trinidad (oscar wins this VERY easy)

so in the meantime hes gonna make outrageous claims like saying that pbf wanting to fight oscar (dont forget oscar USED to want that fight ) is like margarito wanting to fight pbf.

sorry oscar, pbfs career has been established and now he is regarded as the best in the sport
    margarito loses too much to nobodies

dont try to compare them just to create some weak ass diverson as to why you wont fight pbf
    those who know boxing see right through your bs

all that happened was that oscar put his foot in his mouth by saying hed fight the #1 p4p fighter on the planet, and now hes reaching for excuses to get out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

last time i checked, pbf was p4p#1 and had world titles in 4 different weight classes without ever losing to anybody (unlike margarito who hasnt EVER fought anybody, and just LOST to a nobody a few fights ago. but he does hold that legendary wbo belt that he obtained without ever fighting a champ)

oscar doesnt want his career to end on a loss, so he isnt too sold on fighting floyd
    so instead, he decides hes gonna fight an inactive, waaay faded trinidad (oscar wins this VERY easy)

so in the meantime hes gonna make outrageous claims like saying that pbf wanting to fight oscar (dont forget oscar USED to want that fight ) is like margarito wanting to fight pbf.

sorry oscar, pbfs career has been established and now he is regarded as the best in the sport

dont try to compare them just to create some weak a** diverson as to why you wont fight pbf

all that happened was that oscar put his foot in his mouth by saying hed fight the #1 p4p fighter on the planet, and now hes reaching for excuses to get out of it

Whatever man as far as I know ODLH is right about him reserving himself to fight who ever he feels like fighting, he already fought the very best out there and he is almost out of the game and considered one of the best of all time, and honestly oscar-trinidad2 would make way more $$$$$.
    PBF can only talk sh!t that he is better than ali and suga ray just because he is the present best P4P FOR NOW AT LEAST well i believe oscar was also best P4P around his prime also and fighting much, much better opponents at the same time.
    What makes PBF so much more special that he can just choose to fight Oscar and at the same time he claims he is so good he wont even give margarito a shot, and i dont care how much ppl talk sh!t about margarito I know for a fact that will be a gut check for PBF and it wont be a walk in the park like he claims, thats for damn sure.

My point being oscar already proved he is good he dont need no pretty boy on his rec. and im sure he rather have a couple million bucks extra in his pocket by fighting trinidad. a fight that would be a lot easier, exciting and finish their big rivalry.

easy math.

PBF-7mares hard fight, no gain for floyd

PBF-Golden boy hard fight, no gain for oscar

Tito-Golden boy EASY $$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MR_TWINKY13

dont try to compare them just to create some weak a** diverson as to why you wont fight pbf

Whatever man as far as I know ODLH is right about him reserving himself to fight who ever he feels like fighting, he already fought the very best out there and he is almost out of the game and considered one of the best of all time, and honestly oscar-trinidad2 would make way more $$$$$.
    PBF can only talk sh!t that he is better than ali and suga ray just because he is the present best P4P FOR NOW AT LEAST well i believe oscar was also best P4P around his prime also and fighting much, much better opponents at the same time.
    What makes PBF so much more special that he can just choose to fight Oscar and at the same time he claims he is so good he wont even give margarito a shot, and i dont care how much ppl talk sh!t about margarito I know for a fact that will be a gut check for PBF and it wont be a walk in the park like he claims, thats for damn sure.

My point being oscar already proved he is good he dont need no pretty boy on his rec. and im sure he rather have a couple million bucks extra in his pocket by fighting trinidad. a fight that would be a lot easier, exciting and finish their big rivalry.

easy math.

PBF-7mares hard fight, no gain for floyd

PBF-Golden boy hard fight, no gain for oscar

Tito-Golden boy EASY $$$$$$$

youre omitting the fact that tito is incredibly faded, and does not belong in the ring with oscar at this point in his career
    i didnt say this fight should never happen, because it would be great but thats only IF tito has 2 or 3 comeback fights against solid competition and wins impressively.

in the meantime, oscar needs to take a fight or two

by the way, wtf is wrong with oscar? now hes reduced himself to calling people out of retirement?

i bet tito stays retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

youre omitting the fact that tito is incredibly faded, and does not belong in the ring with oscar at this point in his career
    i didnt say this fight should never happen, because it would be great but thats only IF tito has 2 or 3 comeback fights against solid competition and wins impressively.

in the meantime, oscar needs to take a fight or two

by the way, wtf is wrong with oscar? now hes reduced himself to calling people out of retirement?

i bet tito stays retired

well thats true i guess his calling him out because it would make good $$$.
    I think oscar should fight PBF , but i just dont like PBF big mouth and that he thinks he is the biggest thing that ever happened to boxing. There is a lot of fighters out there that are not as good as him but would attract way more PPV buys just because they are way more entretaining fights such as Morales-Pacman.
    Because regular people rather see 2 guys going at it(FIGHTING), than 1 dude moving and dancing around the ring sticking his tounge out.

Thread Information