share your take. why shadow box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The importance of shadow boxing

My opinion is its an excellent "review" of everything you learnt. Its a time to concentrate on footwork, punching technique, bobbing, weaving. It can help improve speed, help you judge at what distance punches are effective and stuff like that.
    Plus its a good warmup.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoie
    My opinion is its an excellent "review" of everything you learnt. Its a time to concentrate on footwork, punching technique, bobbing, weaving. It can help improve speed, help you judge at what distance punches are effective and stuff like that.
    Plus its a good warmup.
    yea i always do shadow boxing i practice footwork and all things u mentioned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap liked to use the word feel. It's also good for that. It's also good for drilling motions into your head so that they become automatic. If you envision your opponent in your mind, imagine yourself doing certain things in certain situations, like slipping and counterpunching. Then when it actually happens during a sparring session, it will be like you've done it many times before. So it's also good for simulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i always like to do it in the ring, usually with more experienced boxers, pick up tips, see what they do, look in a mirror, listen to what your trainers say, like your dropping that left hand when you throw a cross etc. See if you can see that as well because its great someone saying that but when you see it for yourself and improve it your self i think its better. Then keep on practising it, and then try it in sparring. If it doesnt work, do shadow keep going until you get it. Its good fitness, loosening (awful boxing up tight), and it gives you an opponent to box against,who wont be actually hitting you so you dont have to worry about that. Just good technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack Dempsey said shadow boxing was as close as one could get to sparring with an opponent. Mirror training is also very good to watch your technique. I think the hand pads are pretty good also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shadow boxing helps with technique to identify ur mistakes and correct them. Such as foot work,puches,slipping, ect.... Also helps worm up before training and a good cardio tool to use as well in the middle of training.

Thread Information