Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: He came & went & now he's back again...but will he stay? What's the what people?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The myth of Kermit "the Killer" Cintron...is it real?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The myth of Kermit "the Killer" Cintron...is it real?

Kermit Cintron update!

Thursday, November 2 2006

By Karl Freitag

Just days after Kermit Cinron was crowned IBF champion by virtue of his fifth round destruction of Mark Suarez, promoter Bobby Bostick is hard at work looking to negotiate megafights for 'The Killer.' "We are prepared and ready to fight Margarito," Bostick told Fightnews.com. "Bob Arum and I are already talking. We're prepared to fight Cotto and unify a crown with either one of those guys. We're prepared to fight Baldomir. We hope he sticks his chin out there because Kermit will retire that one. We're talking to Golden Boy tomorrow. Richard Schaefer called me today and, yeah, we'll fight Shane immediately, and after that we'll fight Oscar, too. I don't think any of these guys that I just mentioned or even Floyd Mayweather can handle Kermit Cintron's power. We're calling all of them out. We're ready to fight. Whatever comes down to the best deal because we're looking at our deals." As for the proposed fight with Arturo Gatti? "He and Kathy Duva called me going 'no way are we fighting Kermit Cintron.'"

So take the poll & gimmee your thoughts on the matter peoples.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The myth of Kermit "the Killer" Cintron...is it real?

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Kermit Cintron update!

Thursday, November 2 2006

By Karl Freitag

Just days after Kermit Cinron was crowned IBF champion by virtue of his fifth round destruction of Mark Suarez, promoter Bobby Bostick is hard at work looking to negotiate megafights for 'The Killer.' "We are prepared and ready to fight Margarito," Bostick told Fightnews.com. "Bob Arum and I are already talking. We're prepared to fight Cotto and unify a crown with either one of those guys. We're prepared to fight Baldomir. We hope he sticks his chin out there because Kermit will retire that one. We're talking to Golden Boy tomorrow. Richard Schaefer called me today and, yeah, we'll fight Shane immediately, and after that we'll fight Oscar, too. I don't think any of these guys that I just mentioned or even Floyd Mayweather can handle Kermit Cintron's power. We're calling all of them out. We're ready to fight. Whatever comes down to the best deal because we're looking at our deals." As for the proposed fight with Arturo Gatti? "He and Kathy Duva called me going 'no way are we fighting Kermit Cintron.'"

So take the poll & gimmee your thoughts on the matter peoples.

I am not going to say this kid can't make it to the top. Hopkins, Whitaker, Norris, etc all had early career setbacks and they will all go to the HOF (Terry Norris is already in). But if he would have beat Margarito he would be in a great postion right now, not only did he lose but he go KTFO. But he has plenty of time to rebound and he has already taken a couple of steps forward, Paul Williams would be a great match for him to move back up the ladder, maybe Cotto or Zab Judah. Stay away from Margarito and Mayweather.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Cintron-Williams. Paul's the hot prospect but he does leave that chin hanging up in the air, and Cintron can punch.

Just happy its not Cintron-Gatti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I'd like to see Cintron-Williams. Paul's the hot prospect but he does leave that chin hanging up in the air, and Cintron can punch.

Just happy its not Cintron-Gatti
    Hell Yeah man I would really like to see this fight since there saying Williams is the future of the welter division if he can stay there and Cintron was getting alot of props before his fight with Tony. I think this fight would open allot of doors for whoever won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see a rematch with Margarito, especially if Kermit is focused and prepared this time around with a healed hand..I think his height and power gives anyone trouble at Welterweight, I think the kid has a bright future and is taking steps to rebound nicely after the Margarito setback I think if Tony beats Clottey and Citron beats a good fighter in his next match, like a Williams then a match with Margarito must be made, then the winner can step up to Floyd pending on what happens this weekend and the supposed bout with Oscar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I would like to see a rematch with Margarito, especially if Kermit is focused and prepared this time around with a healed hand..I think his height and power gives anyone trouble at Welterweight, I think the kid has a bright future and is taking steps to rebound nicely after the Margarito setback I think if Tony beats Clottey and Citron beats a good fighter in his next match, like a Williams then a match with Margarito must be made, then the winner can step up to Floyd pending on what happens this weekend and the supposed bout with Oscar
    Williams is Margarito's mandatory right now...I think we'll see that happen before we do a rematch with Cintron.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted i still aint sure about him. Because while he obviously has some skill he just seems to flop in the big chances he gets. I hope he turns it around becuase he seems like an alright kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he can be the real deal. He has good skills and having ES in his corner isnt going to hurt at all. I think we will know more when he fights another big name, but I think he can go on and do some good things with his career.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, its not. He's just another Mario Viet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And if he was black, Starr would be singing a different tune

couldn't resist!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thikn with Manny Steward,he can go far. Peeps just discredit him because he Margarito beat on him badly but I don't see anyone else making him look that bad. I #d LOVE to see him against Williams,I think he could beat Paul for the simple fact that he would nail those bombs on Paul's wide open chin although if Williams can take his punch,Cintron will get KTFO!! Would be fight of the year contender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kermit Cintron is what I call a no mis fighter. What do I mean by that ? His style is extremely pleasing to watch. He is tall , He has very good technique . and is blessed with some solid power , all which makes for excellent viewing. . Kermit is thekind of fighter who will always be a threat to his opponent regardless of his record. He will always draw interest because of his assets and style.

A good looking , solid fighter will always find a home in the hearts of fight fans !

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing that has yet to be seen is how he deals with a boxer.. He hasn't faced one skilled/slick fighter with a jab, footwork, ring generalship, etc. I could see Mosley, Mayweather, Quintana, Cotto, all outboxing him. He's completely untested against skilled boxers. I also think Paul Williams would beat him just like MArgarito did, based on Kermits showings against Tony and Estrada. He doesn't seem to like pressure at all, and noone knows how well he can box. I voted not sure yet, obviously....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never really heard of the guy he beat for that title. His career reminds me of the career of Alex Garcia.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure if Cintron can hang with the BIG BOYS!!!
    I mean he could beat some decent fighters but IMO once he steps up to the Champs. he will fall short....

Thread Information