Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else excited for Rocky?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is anyone else excited for Rocky?

I'm really excited about this movie. I think it's cool that they updated the fight to look like an actual modern day HBO telecast. Does anyone know if Lampley, Manny, and Merchant were in the movie?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is anyone else excited for Rocky?

Not excited about it at all and shall I tell you why...I read an interview with Stallone who said he regretted making it! What a fricking joke! I'll post the link if anyone wants it or just google it,is hould come up!

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Not excited about it at all and shall I tell you why...I read an interview with Stallone who said he regretted making it! What a fricking joke! I'll post the link if anyone wants it or just google it,is hould come up!
    Post the link I do not want to google it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stallone: "' Rocky Six' Was a Bad Move"

By Entertainment News Network Monday, November 27, 2006

HOLLYWOOD - Sylvester Stallone regrets signing up to make a sixth Rocky movie, and wishes he had listened to his wife's protests when he was initially offered the role.
    Jennifer Flavin burst into tears when the 60-year-old revealed he would be reprising his role as boxing champ Rocky Balboa, because she was worried about the strain a rigorous training routine would have on him.

And Stallone admits she may have been right. He says, "She was absolutely right. I mean, she was just defending her husband from what actually was a totally crazy idea, but now she likes it."

Stallone was convinced to take the role because the last film was such a disappointment. He adds, "I know Rocky V disappointed a lot of people. I felt the same way about it and that was gnawing away at me every time people said to me they liked the first four but...

"When the option of Rocky VI came up I thought the time was right to do another one, just to make sure it was finished properly. That's just what life is like."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This should be direct to video!!!!
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mr T came back to reprise his original role, or they picked someone who is more like a villian and looked older than 16, maybe it would make for a good story...

but they picked Tarver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    If Mr T came back to reprise his original role, or they picked someone who is more like a villian and looked older than 16, maybe it would make for a good story...

but they picked Tarver.
    Yeah, I'm surprised that a lot of the older fighters didn't come back when Rocky came back. Rocky is a HUGE draw, once he came back, I thought that Tommy Gunn and Mr. T would have started clamoring for shots at Rocky. Hell, I'm sure Apollo Creed would have rose from the dead for a chance to make one more big piaycheck with Rocky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but they picked Tarver.

i disagree. tarver will be funny and will make the fight scenes way more realistic. and Mr. T is reprising his role as Clubber Lang in the new movie. He is now a commentator. Any yes, Merchant and Lampley are both in the film as well. there is scene in a commercial i saw where jim asks merchant, "larry, why is this fight being called an exhibition?" Larry goes, "because it is a way of avoiding calling it an EXECUTION, jim." then it cuts to a shot of rocky comin out of the dressing room. i am a huge rocky fan and am looking forward to this movie. i am flying out to the east coast to see it with my dad opening day. and forget the shit about it being unrealistic; how many movies actually ARE realistic these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006

but they picked Tarver.
    Yeah, I'm surprised that a lot of the older fighters didn't come back when Rocky came back. Rocky is a HUGE draw, once he came back, I thought that Tommy Gunn and Mr. T would have started clamoring for shots at Rocky. Hell, I'm sure Apollo Creed would have rose from the dead for a chance to make one more big piaycheck with Rocky.
    Now that i think about it a lot of those guys probably look like shit minus a shirt.

But they still could have found someone meaner looking than Tarver. That guy looks about as scary as a chihuahua.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whens it out in the uk ?

Thats cricket

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wud aliked to see sum1 like RJJ or Lewis rather than Tarver...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sly Stallone would only have come up to Lewis' chest - even the gullible public would find a competitive matchup between them hard to swallow.

They should have got Tyson - he needs the money, would not dwarf Stallone (height-wise anyway) and he would have sold the film as people would have paid to watch him get a beating.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fuck yeah i'm lookin forward to this movie. gointo see it with my mates and everything. i hope its cheesy as fuck and has a montage and everythin. i wanna get that shiver that you get from the other movies. cant wait.

SigmaMu Guest

My man crush for Sly Stallone died, was burried and never resurrected after watching the Contender. It was obvious to me that the man knew nothing about boxing. He made a fool of himself in the final bout Mora/Manfredo I.
    The fight was barely underway when he was already yelling rematch and fight of the year. He also said he did not know who was winning the fight going into the last round. lol. Even Stevie Wonder had Mora winning that fight easy.
    Also I can not stand Antonio Tarver. Why did Sly use a real fighter? If you want to even call Tarver a real fighter. lol
    Sly gave us Mr. T and that was kool. Couldn't Sly come up with a new character?
    Bottom line, not interested in this movie but will watch it when it comes out on regular television in March 2007 LMAO!

Thread Information