Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton laughs off critics

"These are the same people who four, five years back were saying I was an over-hyped, over-protected fraud.

"Then I go and beat Vince Phillips more convincingly than Sharmba Mitchell - the number one contender to Kostya Tszyu.

"Next on the agenda, I can't box for shit. I'm just a brawler. So I go out and box Ben Tackie's head off and that shuts them up for a few months.

"But then I'm nothing more than just a big ticket-seller who doesn't want the big fights, even though I publicly make it clear that it's me promoter who's not getting me the fights.

"Then they call me Ricky Fatton and tell me that Kostya Tszyu will knock my block off and that I don't stand a hope in hell's chance.

"Then it's that I don't want to leave Manchester or Britain and that I won't fight in America.

"Then it's back to being the over-hyped fraud and nothing more than a brawler.

"To be honest, I sit and laugh me bloody ass off at it sometimes. Look what I've done - six world titles at two different weights, beat an all-time great and topped the bill in Las Vegas.

"Long may it continue. Ricky Hatton just uses it as motivation to be honest, as well as a good bloody laugh."

"Well you've got to break it down.

"With Kostya Tszyu, I wasn't prepared to load up all the time because I knew if he caught me with a quick hook or a counter hook he could have me on me backside, or if he stepped back and landed that right hand he could knock me sparko with the double impact as I was loading up.

"You saw the fight, it was about closing the gap fast, it was about sticking to him. I'd been waiting for that moment all me life so wasn't going to let me heart rule me head and mess it up. I couldn't let him extend that right elbow because then I'd be sparked!

"With Carlose Maussa, obviously, you saw the fight. You saw the guy. He was very, very awkward - switch-hitter, rangey, gangly, punching at odd angles.

"Again, I used me head. I'd been saying in the build-up to the fight that I was going to go for the body, but did that to deceive him because I didn't and we'd worked on the leaping hook to the head because we saw on tapes how he left his chin in the air when he pulled back.

"So again, perfect.

"With me last two fights, how can you look good against them? Southpaws, difficult styles.

"(Luis) Collazo was quick and tricky and threw hooks from the waist that you don't see coming.

"While (Juan) Urango had that peek-a-book defence and your punches just bounced off him!

"Plus, going up and down in weight like a yo-yo and headlining overseas, I think I deserve all the credit in the world and I've already achieved beyond my wildest dreams to be honest.

"When I go toe-to-toe with one of the Mexican greats and come out on top, the critics can put that in their pipe and smoke it just like they have with everything else Ricky Hatton's done."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton laughs off critics

"With Carlose Maussa, obviously, you saw the fight. You saw the guy. He was very, very awkward - switch-hitter, rangey, gangly, punching at odd angles.

"With me last two fights, how can you look good against them? Southpaws, difficult styles.

"(Luis) Collazo was quick and tricky and threw hooks from the waist that you don't see coming.

"While (Juan) Urango had that peek-a-book defence and your punches just bounced off him!

I don't know any other fighter who has EVER repeatedly used so many excuses for FIGHTS THAT HE WON!!! His last three fights, he feels the need to defend each one and stress how difficult it was for him to look good against these world beaters MAussa Urango and Collazo... Well, to quote mr. Hatton, that gives me a bloody good laugh. What other fighter does that? He says he uses the criticism as motivation... Well, it sure as hell hasn't appeared that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hate it when people and the press use the same quotes and interviews over and over like it's another interview and hatton has just repeated himself. again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton laughs off critics... and then puts forth great effort explaining away their criticisms.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cmon guys....wtf do you want from this man. He's undefeated, he beat Kostya Tzuyu and is facing JL Castillo next up, and has gone over to the states to fight, which is often levelled at Joe Calzaghe. Until he gets beat, Hatton is, despite his last fight, a boxing entertainer who wants a good tear-up, and the JLC fight will be a cracker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cmon guys....wtf do you want from this man. He's undefeated, he beat Kostya Tzuyu and is facing JL Castillo next up, and has gone over to the states to fight, which is often levelled at Joe Calzaghe. Until he gets beat, Hatton is, despite his last fight, a boxing entertainer who wants a good tear-up, and the JLC fight will be a cracker
    spot on fella.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

more hatton thread...more hatton explaining...do we really need him explaining? he needs to just explain inside the ring...them explaining really appearing to be excuses now, the more he talks about it the more he looks bad the more he seems to be making up excuses, he needs to just peep down let fans say what they want or critics criticise him...just go and whoop a$s and if hatton doesn't want to be lable as a hugger or boring or whatever, then don't do it inside the ring, stop talking about why this happened and why he had to do this because his oppenents where awkward uhh sure koysta was the only elite he has on his resume he won that enough said, for his other fights just accept how you looked in it because the fans will be honest in what they think so accept it when fans say hatton hug to much blah blah blah...if hatton doesn't want to hear the critics then go show it inside the ring...stop talking so much about this whole thing. thats what fighters doooo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    more hatton thread...more hatton explaining...do we really need him explaining? he needs to just explain inside the ring...them explaining really appearing to be excuses now, the more he talks about it the more he looks bad the more he seems to be making up excuses, he needs to just peep down let fans say what they want or critics criticise him...just go and whoop a$s and if hatton doesn't want to be lable as a hugger or boring or whatever, then don't do it inside the ring, stop talking about why this happened and why he had to do this because his oppenents where awkward uhh sure koysta was the only elite he has on his resume he won that enough said, for his other fights just accept how you looked in it because the fans will be honest in what they think so accept it when fans say hatton hug to much blah blah blah...if hatton doesn't want to hear the critics then go show it inside the ring...stop talking so much about this whole thing. thats what fighters doooo.
    Well it would be a poor interview if he refused to answer any questions. He was just answering questions regarding the views of his critics. It might seem like he is making excuses but I think he just keeps getting asked the same questions in every interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like when fighters respond to haters so we dont have to

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me respond to his quotes

"These are the same people who four, five years back were saying I was an over-hyped, over-protected fraud.

I dont agree

"Then I go and beat Vince Phillips more convincingly than Sharmba Mitchell - the number one contender to Kostya Tszyu.

39 year old Vince Phillips. Neither Sharmba or you fought the Vince Phillips Kostya Tszyu fought(and lost to)

"Next on the agenda, I can't box for shit. I'm just a brawler. So I go out and box Ben Tackie's head off and that shuts them up for a few months.

Ben Tackie made Sharmba Mitchell look like the second coming of Pernell Whitaker and Sugar Ray Leonard. It was Ben Tackie!!!!! I don't take away credit, but it was Ben Tackie(and you should have fought Urango the same way then)

"But then I'm nothing more than just a big ticket-seller who doesn't want the big fights, even though I publicly make it clear that it's me promoter who's not getting me the fights.

I don't agree with that Hatton and I agree. So you're blaming Hennesy then? ok

"Then they call me Ricky Fatton and tell me that Kostya Tszyu will knock my block off and that I don't stand a hope in hell's chance.

And you won That was a great fight

"Then it's that I don't want to leave Manchester or Britain and that I won't fight in America.

You fought in the Hamed Kelley undercard.

I think thats an overstatement

"To be honest, I sit and laugh me bloody ass off at it sometimes. Look what I've done - six world titles at two different weights, beat an all-time great and topped the bill in Las Vegas.

Tszyu's the only name on your list Ricky. Why didn't you fight Mitchell?

"With Kostya Tszyu, I wasn't prepared to load up all the time because I knew if he caught me with a quick hook or a counter hook he could have me on me backside, or if he stepped back and landed that right hand he could knock me sparko with the double impact as I was loading up.

And you executed well and beat Tszyu.

Carlos Maussa? Carlos Maussa? .... Carlos Maussa?

Urango's style wasn't difficult, you could have fought him the same way you fought Tackie and did to an extent until he started landing body shots on you.

To the day Ricky I wish you'd kept your word and given him a rematch. I won't hold it against you as I'm not a hater.

Ricky, Urango wasn't a difficult style. Rabah beat him with boxing skill and you were doing well in the first 4 or 5 rounds and then you just started holding and holding, what was so wrong with what you were doing earlier?

"Plus, going up and down in weight like a yo-yo and headlining overseas, I think I deserve all the credit in the world and I've already achieved beyond my wildest dreams to be honest.

You're right you deserve credit, but not past the brink of what you've done. You deserve credit for your accomplishments but don't put Maussa and Urango up there with Tszyu in terms of achievement

"When I go toe-to-toe with one of the Mexican greats and come out on top, the critics can put that in their pipe and smoke it just like they have with everything else Ricky Hatton's done."

A mexican great who was being outhustled by a man Emanuel Augustus almost stopped. Castillo was a force at 135, but at 140 you're going to bully him Ricky and you know that.

Sadly even though you're not 147 pounder naturally, 147 is where you can get those big money fights Hatton. I wish you well.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Let me respond to his quotes
    Let me respond to yours

I dont agree

Very good point there

39 year old Vince Phillips. Neither Sharmba or you fought the Vince Phillips Kostya Tszyu fought(and lost to)

He still beat him more convincingly than Sharmba which is what the quote read, no?

Ben Tackie made Sharmba Mitchell look like the second coming of Pernell Whitaker and Sugar Ray Leonard. It was Ben Tackie!!!!! I don't take away credit, but it was Ben Tackie(and you should have fought Urango the same way then)

Tackie is a great fighter and everyone who has beat him had to outbox him because he has an amazing chin and will trade with you all night. He has never lost by KO I dont think he has ever been down actually.

I don't agree with that Hatton and I agree. So you're blaming Hennesy then? ok Frank Warren maybe

And you won That was a great fight. Yes it was shit hot

You fought in the Hamed Kelley undercard. Yeah he knows that but people still said he never leaves Manchester. He had fought in Madison Square Garden USA, Arena Oberhausen Germany, Convention Center Atlantic City USA, Fox Theater Detroit USA all before the Collazo fight.

I think thats an overstatement...Do you now

Tszyu's the only name on your list Ricky. Why didn't you fight Mitchell? Ask Frank Warren

And you executed well and beat Tszyu. He knows that too :P

Carlos Maussa? Carlos Maussa? .... Carlos Maussa? The guy who beat Vivian Harris

Urango's style wasn't difficult, you could have fought him the same way you fought Tackie and did to an extent until he started landing body shots on you. So you say he COULD have fought him like he did Tackie, then you say he DID to an extent........then you want him to carry on taking body shots instead of avoiding them? makes perfect sense

To the day Ricky I wish you'd kept your word and given him a rematch. I won't hold it against you as I'm not a HATER.....why would anyone think that

Ricky, Urango wasn't a difficult style. Rabah beat him with boxing skill and you were doing well in the first 4 or 5 rounds and then you just started holding and holding, what was so wrong with what you were doing earlier? He got caught by hard body shots.......the ones you mentioned just a couple of lines up

You're right you deserve credit, but not past the brink of what you've done. You deserve credit for your accomplishments but don't put Maussa and Urango up there with Tszyu in terms of achievement.
    When did he do that?

A mexican great who was being outhustled by a man Emanuel Augustus almost stopped. Castillo was a force at 135, but at 140 you're going to bully him Ricky and you know that.

Sadly even though you're not 147 pounder naturally, 147 is where you can get those big money fights Hatton. I wish you well.
    If Hatton pulled out of the Castillo fight saying Castillo was past it and it's not a good challenge you would shit talk about the guy till the cows come home. Seems to me that you will give him just as much stick for fighting him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    Well it would be a poor interview if he refused to answer any questions. He was just answering questions regarding the views of his critics. It might seem like he is making excuses but I think he just keeps getting asked the same questions in every interview.
    could be yea he keeps getting ask the same old question...he should just avoid interviews its not making him look any better. so just keep fighting quiting talking, best thing for hatton i say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont like this trend of writing off Jose Luis Castillo, for fucks sake this is Castillo! A minor legend, a proper name, you NEVER write off Jose Luis Castillo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    I dont like this trend of writing off Jose Luis Castillo, for fucks sake this is Castillo! A minor legend, a proper name, you NEVER write off Jose Luis Castillo.
    Yeah man, but in his fight against Ngoudjo he looked to be a seriously washed up-looking legend IMO. He scraped a decision against a guy who was by no means an established star in the division. Granted a fighter can have an off-day, but on that basis I'd say Hatton would be a huge favourite fighter against an ageing Mexican.

Thread Information