Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Most electrifying basketball star EVER!

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Most electrifying basketball star EVER!

"Pistol" Pete Maravich
    [youtube=425,350]8Y5KAaercTI[/youtube]

No offense to Michael Jordan or anyone of his skill level.....Pistol was sooo far ahead of his time and so talented. He holds the college scoring record (points per game) which WILL NEVER BE BROKEN of around 45-46 points a game WITH NO THREE POINT LINE!!!!!

The guy was a freak of nature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Most electrifying basketball star EVER!

Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Pete was WAAAAAYYYYYY ahead if his time.....
    Probably the best passing hands in the NBA along side Magic....

IMO, though Petes more remembered for what he did in College then the NBA..... Although in the NBA he also did very well....

Petes like the Dan Marino of the NBA greats stats, great player, great skill but just couldn't seal the deal (title)....

I remember in High School seeing a documentary on him....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big Pistol Pete fan. He and George Gervin were the two guys from that era who were truly ahead of their time. Pete is the most creative passer of all time.

I don't know when you graduated Mick, but there is a GREAT documentary called Pistol Pete: The Life and Times of Pete Maravich that is one of the best documentaries ever. It's fairly recent but it was a great one so I'm guessing that's the one you saw.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I'm a big Pistol Pete fan. He and George Gervin were the two guys from that era who were truly ahead of their time. Pete is the most creative passer of all time.

I don't know when you graduated Mick, but there is a GREAT documentary called Pistol Pete: The Life and Times of Pete Maravich that is one of the best documentaries ever. It's fairly recent but it was a great one so I'm guessing that's the one you saw.

I couldn't tell you the name if my life depended on it.
    I just remember it had loads of footage of him showing his ball handling skills and it talked about his life.....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

I just remember it had loads of footage of him showing his ball handling skills and it talked about his life.....
    I wouldn't imagine there are an abundance of Pistol Pete documentaries out there that have been as widespread as this one is. Other then a Sportscentury it's the only I've ever seen. But yeah it had tons of footage including footage of the last week of his life.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

I wouldn't imagine there are an abundance of Pistol Pete documentaries out there that have been as widespread as this one is. Other then a Sportscentury it's the only I've ever seen. But yeah it had tons of footage including footage of the last week of his life.
    Thats it......

El Kabong Guest

....one of my cousins got to go to his b-ball camp before Pete died.

He said Pete could run at a sprint down the court dribbling the ball between his legs!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc lyle quality bit of a footage havent seen any for a while

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I have seen a film about this guy years ago (not a documentary but a proper film based on his life)

Was is called the pistol or something ?

And from what I remember it finished where his team were hammered playing againts an all black side.

Did he make it big in the NBA ? What did he die of ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

He did well in the NBA but was really tormented for seeming to have everything handed to him (he was one of the first million dollar rookies) when in actuality he worked damn hard on his skill as he said in the clip 8 hours a day!!!!

He hit the bottle pretty hard and eventually fucked his knee up and retired as a Boston Celtic right before Larry Bird led them to the championship.

He cleaned up his life and became a born again christian and did his basketball camp the remainder of his days.....he died on the court of a massive heart attack much like Hank Gathers

And yeah there was a movie named "The Pistol"

Thread Information