Default Chavez Jr. still unbeaten!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chavez Jr. still unbeaten!

still hasn't faced any stiff competition eh...

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's 30-0-1. If he fights 13-14 more tomato cans before fighting a legitimate opponent, he'll be following exactly in his old man's footsteps. (Note to JCC fans: Don't bother being indignant.... I've done, and posted the research).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think that they are handling him right. He didn't fight in the amateurs so if any thing that will extend his ring life.31 fights as a pro usually makes you a veteran, but he is only beginning his career. Hes only 21 so theres no reason to put him up against any good competition just yet .Hes doing his thing but he will never be as good as his father i dont think
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    i think that they are handling him right. He didn't fight in the amateurs so if any thing that will extend his ring life.31 fights as a pro usually makes you a veteran, but he is only beginning his career. Hes only 21 so theres no reason to put him up against any good competition just yet .Hes doing his thing but he will never be as good as his father i dont think
    If he didn't have an amateur career, then I would agree that from the fighter's standpoint, they're better off bringing him along slowly. However, when in the future one is looking at his pro record, it's gonna look superior to other fighters who have paid their dues in the amateurs, and then started off with good competition in the pros. And that, IMO, is an unfair comparison. He should've started off in the amateurs like everyone else. But since his last name is Chavez...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton was 38-0 before he fought for a legitimate world title just for thought

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Ricky Hatton was 38-0 before he fought for a legitimate world title just for thought
    I don't know about Ricky's opponents.... but when JCC was 38-0, his opponents had won a combined percentage of 45% of their fights. Not exactly world-class competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    He's 30-0-1. If he fights 13-14 more tomato cans before fighting a legitimate opponent, he'll be following exactly in his old man's footsteps. (Note to JCC fans: Don't bother being indignant.... I've done, and posted the research).

Hey Titofan... I see you are very active today.

Honestly, I don't think JCC Jr. will be able to continue too far before a bad loss, unless he continues fighting tomato cans. I would like to have other comparison, but this may something like Hector Camacho Jr. who tried to follow his father's steps in the sport. Although from my point of view Camacho Jr. had more chances and skills to succeed, but needed more discipline.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    I don't know about Ricky's opponents.... but when JCC was 38-0, his opponents had won a combined percentage of 45% of their fights. Not exactly world-class competition.
    MAB was about 44-0 and he did ok
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch

Hey Titofan... I see you are very active today.

Honestly, I don't think JCC Jr. will be able to continue too far before a bad loss, unless he continues fighting tomato cans. I would like to have other comparison, but this may something like Hector Camacho Jr. who tried to follow his father's steps in the sport. Although from my point of view Camacho Jr. had more chances and skills to succeed, but needed more discipline.
    I think it's a fair comparison. Both JCC and Camacho Sr. were active around the same time, and now both Jr.'s are following in daddy's footsteps. The difference is, in my opinion, that Camacho Sr. is not much more than a cheerleader. I've seen him make an appearance on other boxing cards, and he's more interested in trying to flash some of his old combinations, than in directing his son's career.

Chavez Sr., on the other hand, appears dead serious about carefully controlling his boy's career. After all, JCC Sr. carefully picked his way to a 45-0 record before fighting anyone of any pedigree in his own career...... now he appears to want the same thing for Junior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Riding on your fathers wave i think its called
    seen him fight a few times and is well short of world class i think

Thread Information