Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Feliciano exposes Rodriquez's chin with brutal stoppage

There was always a question about the Dominican's whiskers. The tough Jesse Feliciano finally answered it. Tal about come from behind! Wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Feliciano exposes Rodriquez's chin with brutal stoppage

That was classic. That kid didn't know he was losing and just kept on coming. Finally landed a good shot and finished him off. Loved it.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. And more enjoyable than MAB-JMM...In my opinion

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I like Jesse Feliciano more each time I see him. Virtually no talent whatsoever but he just keeps on coming. I actually felt from about round 3 that Feliciano was going to knock the other guy out, I mean he was wobbled by shots that weren't even landing.

Reminded me a lot of the Vazquez Ghonzalez fight but more exciting as Jesse was throwing punches every round.

He's upset a few fighters now and hopefully will finally get a shot at something himself now rather than always being brought in as the opponent.

Unfortunately his skills are too limited for him to ever do anything in the division, but he should headline a couple of future Friday Night Fights which is still a pretty good acomplishment in itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a great fight! I just finished watching it. I'm giving myself a little pat on the back because I was the only person in the prediction contest who picked Feliciano (though I picked him by split decision).

I love tough, under-talented, big-hearted fighters. That kid is tough. I knew once walked through that perfect straight right that he was going to ware Rodriguez down. That punch looked like it should have snapped Jesse's head off, but he just kept coming. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    What a great fight! I just finished watching it. I'm giving myself a little pat on the back because I was the only person in the prediction contest who picked Feliciano (though I picked him by split decision).

I love tough, under-talented, big-hearted fighters. That kid is tough. I knew once walked through that perfect straight right that he was going to ware Rodriguez down. That punch looked like it should have snapped Jesse's head off, but he just kept coming. Good stuff.

I agree about liking the underdogs. Saying Feliciano doesn't have talent is misleading though. There aren't very many people that can take a punch like he can, and also there aren't many guys who will keep fighting the entire time even when they are getting dominated. That is a whole different category of talent. Puts him in the Gatti, Ward,Mancini category of talent if you ask me.

I like to see guys like this get a big payday. Those are the guys that deserve it. Like Baldomir,Glen Johnson, etc.... Great attitude and just the kind of guys that give boxing a good name.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely a fun fight to watch. Feliciano was being absolutely dominated and I don't think he won a single round up until the KO round but I can't help but feel Rodriguez gave him the fight! Maybe that's not fair to say since he was so persistent but still, Rodriguez lost it as much as Feliciano won it.

I really liked Rodriguez in the early going and I was figuring him to vault himself into the rankings in that fight because honestly he was impressing the hell out of me. The way he was laying traps by inviting Feliciano inside then killing him with the uppercut. And the uppercut was really working wonders, it was completely stopping Jesse in his tracks and he really had no answer for it. Even when he got onto the inside he was so worried about that uppercut he really just moved as far inside as possible and smothered Rodriguez. Masterful performance.

But then Feliciano made an adjustment. He picked his head up and stopped leaving himself open for the uppercut. He basically picked his poison and instead of getting tagged with uppercuts he didn't see, he picked his head up, got tagged with the right hand but he had vision on the inside and was able to move in, score to the body a bit and when he landed his first really big right hand Rodriguez got a little fired up. Instead of standing his ground and playing the role of the sharp shooter, he dropped the left hand and shoulder, popped off with the jab a bit more (one of the rare times a consistent jab hurt a fighters chances imo) and instead of standing his ground and being patient he started moving more. The change of pace hurt Delvin and was the main reason he tired out imo.

And when he did tire, and when Feliciano continued to walk through his jab (which upset the timing on the right imo) Rodriguez started moving backwards. Straight backwards. He started that at the end of round 7. And when you move backwards with your left hand down against a guy who's sole purpose in the fight is just to lunge with the right hand, well you get what you saw in round 8.

I feel bad for Rodriguez because he made a mistake just about every prospect in boxing makes and it took away from an otherwise fantastic fight. But that's just the nature of the beast when facing a guy like Feliciano. And that's why all those people who said Feliciano wasn't a step up in competition for Rodriguez were kidding themselves. I wish more people would watch FNF. Great fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rodriguez can't hear the shots coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough, under-talented, and great heart, Jesse Feliciano is a guy who fights every second of every round and doesn't know the words "retreat" or "quit." He is old school...a throwback! And he is fun to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Definitely a fun fight to watch. Feliciano was being absolutely dominated and I don't think he won a single round up until the KO round but I can't help but feel Rodriguez gave him the fight! Maybe that's not fair to say since he was so persistent but still, Rodriguez lost it as much as Feliciano won it.

I really liked Rodriguez in the early going and I was figuring him to vault himself into the rankings in that fight because honestly he was impressing the hell out of me. The way he was laying traps by inviting Feliciano inside then killing him with the uppercut. And the uppercut was really working wonders, it was completely stopping Jesse in his tracks and he really had no answer for it. Even when he got onto the inside he was so worried about that uppercut he really just moved as far inside as possible and smothered Rodriguez. Masterful performance.

But then Feliciano made an adjustment. He picked his head up and stopped leaving himself open for the uppercut. He basically picked his poison and instead of getting tagged with uppercuts he didn't see, he picked his head up, got tagged with the right hand but he had vision on the inside and was able to move in, score to the body a bit and when he landed his first really big right hand Rodriguez got a little fired up. Instead of standing his ground and playing the role of the sharp shooter, he dropped the left hand and shoulder, popped off with the jab a bit more (one of the rare times a consistent jab hurt a fighters chances imo) and instead of standing his ground and being patient he started moving more. The change of pace hurt Delvin and was the main reason he tired out imo.

And when he did tire, and when Feliciano continued to walk through his jab (which upset the timing on the right imo) Rodriguez started moving backwards. Straight backwards. He started that at the end of round 7. And when you move backwards with your left hand down against a guy who's sole purpose in the fight is just to lunge with the right hand, well you get what you saw in round 8.

I feel bad for Rodriguez because he made a mistake just about every prospect in boxing makes and it took away from an otherwise fantastic fight. But that's just the nature of the beast when facing a guy like Feliciano. And that's why all those people who said Feliciano wasn't a step up in competition for Rodriguez were kidding themselves. I wish more people would watch FNF. Great fights.
    Impressive attention to detail in your analysis. Very informative post.....

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC 100. Wouldn't mind watching that again I really really enjoyed that one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't really agree that Rodrigez was impressive. I thought from about round 3 onwards that Feliciano only had to hang in there to have a chance of knocking him out. The kid has no chin and no stamina, Feliciano was rocking him all through the fight without even landing. He fell to the ground at least 3 times before the knockdowns, hardly a sign of a fighter with strong legs.

Rodriguez won't be doing jack shit in this division.

If Feliciano could knock him out what you think Cotto and Margarito would do to him? That shit would be painful to watch.

Fortunately for Rodriguez he won't ever get anywhere near that level of opposition anyway so he won't need to worry.

Just an overrated club fighter really about on the same level as Sherwin Davis if anyone remembers him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was talking about the first few rounds. I know the first few rounds are never a tell tale sign of anything but he was looking damn impressive. But yeah obviously that was a bit of a smoke screen but I can't just right him off because he had such poise and he had such a nice gameplan but he's young and wasn't able to adjust and he got a little stupid.

He's 26 years old, with a lot of talent and bad stamina is an absolutely stacked division. Take that as you will I don't think it makes him a club fighter because he has talent and he was on his way to winning impressively. I'm not sure why he deviated from his original game plan but I still want to see more from him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck I'm on 666 now

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F*** I'm on 666 now
    Ha I was on that a few weeks back and nobody would click me for fear of taunting the devil, mostly CutMeMick the fooking coward!

I'm an altogether more honourable man though so I'll give you 667 and remove your curse

Thread Information