Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Oscar Delahoya vs Winky Wright. How does this fight play out????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar Delahoya vs Winky Wright. How does this fight play out????

in an interview winky said he wants to fight delahoya sometime in the future. if oscar gets past floyd and winky beats hopkins. I see a possible winky-oscar showdown on PPV. i dunno i use to think winky beats oscar . but im not so sure. delahoya is my favorite 154lb pounder. and my favorite fighter around that weight range 154-160. even tho winky would bve a slight favorite i think oscar can beat him. delahoya has more pop then winky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Delahoya vs Winky Wright. How does this fight play out????

If this fight occurs, I'm confident on Winky winning by decision. DLH will have troubles with Winky's defense.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch
    If this fight occurs, I'm confident on Winky winning by decision. DLH will have troubles with Winky's defense.
    well i dunno i hope oscar would beat winky. because winky is boring to watch. ye he's very good but delahoya is more of a slugger. and i dunno i hope oscar would pull a victory off. and dont forget winky had major trouble with sam soliman. and delahoya would Kill soliman.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is semi active and we dont really know what he has left in him. The Mayorga fight told us little really. Winky is active and though getting hit more is still on the top of his game.

Winky by decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to admit that Winky's fights are not among my top 10, but I really think he has great chances of beating DLH, if this fight occurs. Just look at DLH-Sturm. Sturm's defense was kind of similar to Winky with those long-closed arms protecting all his body and face. And, who saw the fight has to admit that that desicion could be for Sturm. Actually, I believe Winky is better than Sturm.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually i dunno i think you guys are under estimating delahoya a bit. never count out oscar. i actually think delahoya would have a great chance to defeat winky.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pro BOXER18
    actually i dunno i think you guys are under estimating delahoya a bit. never count out oscar. i actually think delahoya would have a great chance to defeat winky.
    But the fight would probably be at 160 pounds and Oscar has never really impressed at 160, Winky fits it just fine. How do you think he would beat Winky exactly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well to beat winky he would obviously have to be at his best. I think if delahoya fights like he fought against vargas I think he beats winky. his 1-2 and his left hook were just phenomenal that fight. i think oscar has to jab alot and land that right hand on winky. try to break thru his defense. throw alot of punches to get winky off his guard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It plays out like the extended version of Titanic...

I'm anti-wright.

ICB Guest

well to beat winky he would obviously have to be at his best. I think if delahoya fights like he fought against vargas I think he beats winky. his 1-2 and his left hook were just phenomenal that fight. i think oscar has to jab alot and land that right hand on winky. try to break thru his defense. throw alot of punches to get winky off his guard.
    Totally wrong throwing alot of punches won't work remember Soliman threw over 1000 punches and only landed like 100s and you can't compare fights with Vargas because that was at 154 and this fight would take place at Middleweight where Oscar in past has done badly at Middleweight and bigger stronger Taylor tried to jab alot and land right hand and alot of his punches were blocked so you have got this wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well i dunno man fighters at that level, roy jones, winky wright, jermain taylor, bernard hopkins, oscar delahoya, joe calzaghe, jeff lacy. if all those figthers fought each other anything can happen on any given night. I mean its boxing who knows what will happen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is certianly better than Vargas , Vasquez and Simon but Wright is the one guy De La Hoya can be accused of ducking .

Oscar would have big trouble breaking that defence. Winky would keep his hands high covering the face , tucking in the elbows when the body shots come at him , blocking, pawing and dodging anything De La Hoya advances with . His right southpaw lead would be in Oscars face and it would be a nightmare fight for him . If however Winky was adventerous as he was Vs Taylor he'd be much more perceptable to shots and Oscars quicker hands would be the key .

It really depends on how Winky tactically approaches the fight cuz I think he has the beating of Oscar as long as he is boxing the same way he beat Tito. The Wright we saw vs Soliman and Taylor would allow Oscar into the fight and what looks like a 12 rounder , I cant see Winky getting the nod over the Golden Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta say Winky by UD...he is to determined in this part of his career.I just dont think that DLH can apply the pressure and power that Taylor did(even though I thought Winky edged out that fight).

Thread Information