Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Tszyu would have blown Hatton away in two rounds" (Lovemore N'Dou)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "Tszyu would have blown Hatton away in two rounds" (Lovemore N'Dou)

"People forget that up until he fought Kostya Tszyu he hasn’t fought anyone credible. He was the most protected species I have ever seen. He beat Kostya, so what? It's all about timing. He beat Kostya when he was ready to be taken. It happens all the time. It's like when Tszyu beat up the great Chavez, it was all about timing. Chavez was ready to be taken. On his best, Tszyu would have blown Hatton away in two rounds. I know this for a fact because I have done a lot of sparring with Kostya when he was at his best." excerpt from NDou interview

http://www.boxingbuzz.com/peter-klitschko/wheatley7.htm
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: "Tszyu would have blown Hatton away in two rounds" (Lovemore N'Dou)

....yeah but they didn't fight when KT was at his best...and even then, who's to say Ricky couldn't have taken him....it's all about opinions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya had become a one handed fighter by time he fought hatton. so maybe he's right. who knows. he should get off kostya nuts try and get him a fight with hatton.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    "People forget that up until he fought Kostya Tszyu he hasn’t fought anyone credible. He was the most protected species I have ever seen. He beat Kostya, so what? It's all about timing. He beat Kostya when he was ready to be taken. It happens all the time. It's like when Tszyu beat up the great Chavez, it was all about timing. Chavez was ready to be taken. On his best, Tszyu would have blown Hatton away in two rounds. I know this for a fact because I have done a lot of sparring with Kostya when he was at his best." excerpt from NDou interview

I agree with him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

N'dou is right and that whole interview is hysterical by the way, the man has a good sense of humour..'Fatton" I love it! The Tszyu that fought Miguel Angel Gonzalez in 1999 would have destroyed the Fatboy inside of 5 rounds maybe not two. Age and injury beat Tszyu and that is the fact of the matter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GlennF makes a very good point about the Gonzalez fight - Tszyu was never better than he was that night, both offensively and defensively. Gonzalez had given ODLH a decent fight at 140 and Tszyu made him look like an amateur. The only thing Gonzalez landed was his head.

On another thread I said that Pryor was the greatest 140lb fighter ever and that he'd KO any of the other contenders. I stand by that, but the people who would do the best against him would be Chavez from 89-92, and Tszyu from 98-01.

Against Gonzalez he was supreme.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

koysta is a great, not just in his home country but all over the world, hatton is a great only in his home country.

prime vs prime koysta knocks out hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think anyone out there who really knows the sport and can see past being a fan of the fighters themselves and just make an educated guess on the sport itself knows that....Kosty was a machine in his prime and a much busier fighter then when he fought Hatton...Like Boxer said by that time Tszyu had become a one handed figher who relied on his power a bit to much....in Kostya Tszyu's prime I pick him 99 out of 100
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by chamiley

I agree with him.
    Just like he blew away Vince Philips

But Kostya was good fighter but do you guys actually believe he would blow away Hatton in 2 you have got to be kidding.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu wasn't shot, he was well rested if anything.... and had not had a career full of wars.

It was just about styles!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Tszyu wasn't shot, he was well rested if anything.... and had not had a career full of wars.

It was just about styles!!
    Totally agree people think that Kostya 4 or 5 years ago is like some unbeatable force which isn't true he is very beatable and Hatton beat him and now there not giving him credit for win but at time no one on this forum gave him chance because i was guest and see but now they have excuse that Kostya was shot ect so they use that excuse and take Ricky's victory away.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I don't think anyone out there who really knows the sport and can see past being a fan of the fighters themselves and just make an educated guess on the sport itself knows that....Kosty was a machine in his prime and much busier...Like Boxer said by that time Tszyu had become a one handed figher who relied on his power a bit to much....in Kostya Tszyu's prime I pick him 99 out of 100
    That was the general consensus when they fought anyway.

I can see the same things being said if Hatton beats Castillo.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i see Kostya as being the better fighter in his prime. However, on the night Hatton faught Tszyu he was a possesed fighter he looked as if nothing was going to stop him. How can anyone say that Kostya could of beaten that easily in his prime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's hilarious that Lovemore feels the need to comment, being as on his best day he's never been half of the fighter either Tszyu or Hatton are.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lovemore N'Dou...

Who Are You
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information