Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valuev: I will bounce back!

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Valuev: I will bounce back!

"I committed too many mistakes," admitted the seven-footer. "I did not throw enough punches and also had trouble finding my feet. I am respectful of my opponent and have to admit that the decision was okay. The better fighter won....There is no reason for me to put myself into a coffin.

http://www.fightnews.com/boxing/bc/sauerland26.htm

Will he ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Valuev: I will bounce back!

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    "I committed too many mistakes," admitted the seven-footer. "I did not throw enough punches and also had trouble finding my feet. I am respectful of my opponent and have to admit that the decision was okay. The better fighter won....There is no reason for me to put myself into a coffin.

http://www.fightnews.com/boxing/bc/sauerland26.htm

Will he ??
    he'd better learn how to BOX!!!!!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No...the novelty of his size only existed while he was champ now he has been beaten he will dissapear back to Russia figting bums while making a bit of money using his size as an advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Don King sticks with him and gets him fights with other top ten contenders he'd give anyone problems, but he never looks spectacular or decisive enough in his wins against top competition, to get to many behind him. That said, if he does get a shot at one of the titlists Im sure he'd put up a good fight.

Liked his gracious words in defeat.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give the guy his props. He has a lot more skills and moves much better than I would think a man his size could move. The guy has some skills. PErsonally I'm still interested in seeing him vs. Wlad, I don't think he's going to "fade into bolivian" (to quote Tyson) just because of one loss.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must admit I never really rated him as a fighter.

But, having said that ....... the poor guy will have spent all his life being taunted and ridiculed as a freak. He will have had to get special clothes, special furniture, special everything and he HAS maximised his potential. Whatever talent he has as a fighter, he has made the most of it and become literally the best he could ever be.

You don't hear about him beating people up, shirking training, assaulting women, talking smack or being disrespectful to his opponent. He seems to be a happily married family man? How gutted must he be about falling short of Marciano's record - which would have allowed him to shut up all those who teased him over the years?

Despite this, he remained absolutely gracious in defeat. How many fighters can say they have done that, especially after what seems to have been a contentious decision.

Good luck to the guy .... made the most of what he could be, never quit and, if we're honest, he is a credit to the sport and a thoroughly decent human being.

Seeing as he also exhibits unmistakable physical signs of an overactive thyroid gland and gigantisisn, I will leave you all with some words that could easily describe Mr Valuev .....

"Tis true, my form is something odd
    but blaming me, is blaming God,
    Could I create myself anew
    I would not fail in pleasing you.
    If I could reach from pole to pole
    or grasp the ocean with a span,
    I would be measured by the soul
    The mind's the standard of the Man"

That was the self-penned epitaph of John Merrick, the Elephant Man. Another thoroughly decent and intelligent man who endured a lifetime of taunts.

Now don't get me wrong, I never thought he was a very good fighter, I didn't think he deserved to beat the Marciano record and I knew he would lose one day to someone who could just a box a bit better than him - but I firmly belive that boxing is one of the few sports where disadvantaged people had a chance to make something of themselves, and Valuev did not piss that chance up against a wall, like to so many much more talented fighters have done.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

Valuev will turn out to be a journeyman after a while....he's too slow and lacks power.....and with that being the case he's simply too easy to hit.

Nice guy but not my favorite fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could still have the beating of Wlad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahahahahahaha first time id checked up. Pleasent surprise he lost tbh. Where that fella gone who bums up valuev? Still rekon hes better then Marciano now?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Ahahahahahaha first time id checked up. Pleasent surprise he lost tbh. Where that fella gone who bums up valuev? Still rekon hes better then Marciano now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've said it before but i had a lot of respect for the way valuev took the loss. he showed class. bit gutted that the uzbekitani fella go to him first though because valuev has been waiting to get beaten for ages. im gutted that wlad didnt get to do him, or even skelton (warren has stated that he's earned a shot loads of times)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just think he needs a new trainer, he has too much size not to be force in the heavies...if he worked on his conditioning more, and just let his hands fly I think he would be knocking people out. Hes not getting k.o.'d Ive seen him eat alot of punches and just keep coming. Hes never gonna match the lil guys for skill, he should just try to overpower his opponents.Very classy in defeat.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    [color=blue]

You don't hear about him beating people up,

Yeah you do. He was charged for assualting a parking attendent who shouted at his wife. The guy suffered some cranial injury after Valeuv allegedy beat him up. Valuev denied it and said he merely grabbed him by his shirt.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    [color=blue]

You don't hear about him beating people up,

Yeah you do. He was charged for assualting a parking attendent who shouted at his wife. The guy suffered some cranial injury after Valeuv allegedy beat him up. Valuev denied it and said he merely grabbed him by his shirt.
    Well, you may well have disproved that part of my point, but anyone who assaults traffic wardens, particularly fracturing their skulls, is definitely OK in my book.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im sorry to report but after recent testing, i have confirmed that 325 pound bears do not bounce at all therefor he made an untrue statement.

Thread Information