Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Hopefully, this will be the next fight for both. What are your early thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Early Pavlik-Taylor poll

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Early Pavlik-Taylor poll

This is the next logical big fight at middleweight. If the promoters don't get in the way, or Taylor decides to pursue other objectives, what do you think the outcome would be? A little backup to your opinion would be nice. I'll begin.....

I voted Pavlik by decision. Deep down inside, Taylor may want to avoid Pavlik..... but I think public opinion and pressure will eventually make him face Pavlik, whether he wants to or not. Once inside the ring, I think Taylor will find a fighter with no reverse, an incredible chin, and underrated boxing skills (I honestly think Pavlik doesn't get enough credit for his skills. He chose to go right at Miranda as a tactic, but THAT doesn't make him a bad boxer).

Taylor will try to outbox Pavlik and just stay away, avoiding the KO. But Pavlik will score enough to win a convincing decision. My second choice would be Pavlik by KO, but I don't see that happening with Taylor being overly cautious.

To those that say that Taylor "fights down to the level of his opposition" as an excuse for his less-than-impressive performances lately, I say........ I'm not convinced. I'm one of those who thought the world of Taylor's potential a few years ago, only to be completely disappointed.

So my prediction stands: Pavlik by decision (and by KO if Taylor gets brave or careless).

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Early Pavlik-Taylor poll

I had my eye on Pavlik about 2 years ago and then I said nah, hes all hype. Little by little he moved up to 20 then 15 then was going back and forth on 10 and today he is number one. Damn! I have to go with Pavlik on this one. I can't stand Taylor. I am not very big on Pavlik but I like him more than Taylor. The Pavlik who faught last night vs the Taylor who faught last night, Pavlik wins. I don't know if Pavlik wins by ko but Pavlik did fight and lose to Taylor in the amatuers and I am sure he would like to redeem himself. He has the momentum.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik can bang, has a hell of a chin, and has good skills in the ring. Plus.... he has shown good heart. Not too many chinks in that armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Pavlik can bang, has a hell of a chin, and has good skills in the ring. Plus.... he has shown good heart. Not too many chinks in that armor.
    Against guys of Miranda quality no chinks. But when you step up in competition it is sometimes clear how the chinks show up.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    Against guys of Miranda quality no chinks. But when you step up in competition it is sometimes clear how the chinks show up.
    So now Miranda's a bum?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlick looked great yesterday whilst Taylor sucked balls but I stil believe if the two met Jermain would just about hold onto his title, although one wanders if it is close whether Taylor's luck with the judges will eventually run out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So now Miranda's a bum?
    He is not a bum ,but Taylor fought Bernard twice and Winky once. With those two guys on his record Pavlik has to show what he can do . Beating Miranda is not at that level. Do you really think Pavlik has Taylor all swollen in round 6 and knocking him down like that if they fight??

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So now Miranda's a bum?
    He is not a bum ,but Taylor fought Bernard twice and Winky once. With those two guys on his record Pavlik has to show what he can do . Beating Miranda is not at that level. Do you really think Pavlik has Taylor all swollen in round 6 and knocking him down like that if they fight??
    Definitely not, LB65. I agree that Taylor is a lot more polished than Miranda. That's why I'd lean toward a Pavlik win by decision. I don't think today's Taylor can hurt Pavlik, whereas I also think Pavlik has the skills to hurt Taylor and put him on his bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive gone for Pavlik early

Thread Information