Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: if it doesn't make dollars..it doesn't make sense..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default if it doesn't make dollars..it doesn't make sense..

There's no way in hell PBF can say that a fight with cotto at Madison square garden wouldn't make him $$$$$$$
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if it doesn't make dollars..it doesn't make sense..

Why not, seems like the best option out there.

Going into Madison Square, with Cotto having the crowd support, and now that Cotto's got real credibility, it makes sense. Definitely a more interesting fight than PBF-Mosley IMO, its time for PBF to fight a young contender, Cotto's a young star with a fanbase, an exciting style, seems like the best fight to me. For some reason the thought of PBF-Mosley just bores me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be great and worth a lot of $$$$ for both especially Floyd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now i know everyone is hyped up after seeing the fight this weekend and impressed with his win...but do you guys really want to see a mayweather/cotto fight ?? I don't see cotto having a chance in hell beating mayweather reguardless of this weekends events.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but but Cotto hasnt lost his last fight,or isnt old and is a great puncher so why would PBF fight him??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather still would make more money in a pointless rematch with ODLH.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Yes he would and i have no interest in seeing him beat dlh again either....i like mayweather just like i do cotto but maybe it's just me but it seems that everyone is all of the sudden making cotto out to be this super fighter because our minds always tend to remember the last thing we see.....cotto is a good fighter he's always been why all of the hoopla all of the sudden..he beats judah now he can take pbf ??!! This is the same judah who hasn't won since rivera, did the tszyu chicken dance, chokes ref's,and couldn't land a decent punch on roger who wasn't even looking, i don't dislike judah but damn you'd think cotto beat ali last weekend !!! On the flip side i'm not sure who'd i want to see pbf against next but the idea of him dancing around cotto and potshoting him all night doesn't excite me....wow i sound like a hater huh !!
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Yeah but but Cotto hasnt lost his last fight,or isnt old and is a great puncher so why would PBF fight him??

What a great direct response I believe PBF would consider if he had more punch after seeing Zab connect on Cotto Salamis' head with some straight shots. But otherwise I have to agree with you 100%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But at this stage in his career.He should forget about just purely making $$$ because he can be financially successful and win the support of the hardcore. I would give him ZERO credit for another win over Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Yes he would and i have no interest in seeing him beat dlh again either....i like mayweather just like i do cotto but maybe it's just me but it seems that everyone is all of the sudden making cotto out to be this super fighter because our minds always tend to remember the last thing we see.....cotto is a good fighter he's always been why all of the hoopla all of the sudden..he beats judah now he can take pbf ??!! This is the same judah who hasn't won since rivera, did the tszyu chicken dance, chokes ref's,and couldn't land a decent punch on roger who wasn't even looking, i don't dislike judah but damn you'd think cotto beat ali last weekend !!! On the flip side i'm not sure who'd i want to see pbf against next but the idea of him dancing around cotto and potshoting him all night doesn't excite me....wow i sound like a hater huh !!
    I see where you are coming from brother BUT Cotto is far far more dangerous than an inactive Oscar who it could be argued was not top 3/4 at 154,Cotto is more dangerous than anyone Floyd fought at 140 and 147 combined. Floyd would be favourite due to his superb defensive skills but I'd give Miguel a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

What a great direct response I believe PBF would consider if he had more punch after seeing Zab connect on Cotto Salamis' head with some straight shots. But otherwise I have to agree with you 100%.
    LMAO,I think my response was tongue in cheek and like I mentioned,Floyd would be favourite but Cotto is dangerous,young and hungry:factors which very feww if any of Floyd's opponents in the last few years have been. It would be a great fight.

Thread Information