Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sports

Which ones did you do,and rate yourself

Good-Baseball,pitched
    Martial Arts/Boxing-Medaled,etc
    Tried real hard-Football,never had the size to do well past highschool at the positions I was good at,you need to put on bulk to play DE at the next level
    Basketball-Was pretty good at D,but stil 6'5" and cant make a standard free throw to save my soul most days
    Bloody Useless-Soccer,if it wasnt for being the first guy to figure out the sliding tackle,I never would have bothered,cant hit the broad side of a barn

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sports

Played the best sport ever from age of 8 untill 16...

rugby, lock, flanker and number 8, tore ligaments in both ankles and fucke my crucia ligament in my knee had to tire young

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always been good at sports I think cause my dad and uncles always kept us busy with sports growing up.

Soccer (Really good - Forward) I started playing since the age of 5 have won 3 Champsionships, 2 tournaments, 2 top scorer and 1 MVP. Broke both of my anckles and never played the same.... Still play in a league about 2 weeks ago I added my 2nd tournament trophy I have it at home so I'll post a pic. of it.

Football (Average - Wide Receiver) I tried out for football in H.S. and I made the team but right away I realized during the off-season that I couldn't keep playing soccer and also training for football at the same time. I had to drop the football team. I wasn't fast on distance plays but short plays for 1st downs I was the go to man, I was really good with my hands.

Basketball (Average - Never played organized ball) I've never played organized ball it was always streetball. This is weird cause I can't really shoot from short range but pass me the ball behind the arch and forget it. Agains I'm good with my hands so I would always be stealing the ball and my passing was decent. True story one of my good friends in HS was in the Senior B-Ball team during Presidents weekend we went to Tijuana and there was this club that I sware to god had a half court on the 2nd floor so we asked one of the girls there if they had a ball and she was like yeah! she brought us the ball and me and my boy started shooting around. Then hes like I got a 20 that says I can take you I had been drinking and so had he so I was like fuck it let's do it.... Beat ' em 20 to 16 he then started saying cause he wasn't wearing his gear (like I was, shit! I was in Timberlands and jeans) Anyway!! after that he would always tell me when you gonna give the rematch....
    We never played the 2nd match.... Good times...

Baseball (OK - SS or RF) Not much of a hitter but again quick feet in short distances and good hands.... We used to get together and play when I was younger but we played with tennis balls (too many broken windows with the regular balls) Made some really good plays at SS I remember robbing Stevie of a sure to be hit and possibly double down between 3rd and 2nd base closer to 3rd. Good times growing up....

Volleyball (Pretty good - Libero) I like beach volleyball more but for some reason I play better in doors. Go figure... Have played in 3 tournies out here in Redondo Beach we got our asses kicked twice the 3rd time we actually won some games...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soccer (ok goalie from what i am told from other people who played it back then) I was about 6 at the time and the only thing i really took away from the whole experience is that i was allergic to pine trees.

T-Ball ( Left Fielder. In the pros thats 4mil a year, in t-ball that means you suck) I had a few good hits but i never had the right pitcher (if our other coach would've pitched to me, i'd have a college baseball scholarship right now). They made my one mexican friends dad pitch to us (mind you he was on OUR team) and i swear the mfer was trying out for the big leagues. He'd always throw sliders and shit. Its like dude im 8 years old throw it over the plate. I played three years. The first year we came in last (but we were sponsored by mcdonalds so it was all good). Second year we did some shady shit and signed a kid from mustang and somehow he was allowed to play on our team. Finished third. My final year we tied for second because the first place team was a genetic freak team. All the mfers where 5'0 blonde haired and blue eyed. They looked so small and weak but they always won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was never a great athlete but i have a huge set of bollocks on me and will give anything a go !

I love boxing grew up though playing Footie and Cricket .

Cricket is the sport i stood out at i remember hitting my 1st ever delivery straight back over the bowlers head instinctively and it just came naturally i still play at a level below what I'm capable of but right now I'm having a dire run of form .

Footie i played centre half and hated it i got kicked to fucking shreds every week i was one of those late bloomers 4-6 whilst everybody else was Shaving and wanking in Birds faces i was still waiting for my 1st Pubes to come through .

I dont miss playing Footie , too many obnoxious arseholes .

I've always been pretty gtood technically at Sport but I'm pretty Stiff in the Arse to honest i cant run fast or jump far or high .

Good over 10 K though but only through sheer effort i ran a 38 minute 10 which is not bad but i could go faster .

I go to the Gym 3 times a week and I'd Probably kick fuck outa most of the guys on this forum if i wasnt such a gentle giant ball of Spunk .

I love nearly everyone on this forum !

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up until being 5'9 became an issue I was a really good goalkeeper. Used to play for Bristol boys (looking back that is the gayest name ever) Also Bristol Rovers.

I used to be real good at badminton, I was the best in the south at under 14 for a period. There was this one kid that would beat me all the time in competitions then on one occasion he wasnt there and I never saw him again. Looking back it was probably a hollow victory but I accepted it none the less.

I was always pretty good at most sports to be honest.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually talking of football I think I mentioned a while back my mates Dad who is dying of cancer, well he used to run the local under 16's that I played for and they are putting together the side of 91 that won the league to take on the current under 16's. Memphis will be dusting off the goalkeepers jersey and keeping goal for the first time in years. I reckon I'll be in a right state come the end The cat like reflexes are still there, Im still too short though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Actually talking of football I think I mentioned a while back my mates Dad who is dying of cancer, well he used to run the local under 16's that I played for and they are putting together the side of 91 that won the league to take on the current under 16's. Memphis will be dusting off the goalkeepers jersey and keeping goal for the first time in years. I reckon I'll be in a right state come the end The cat like reflexes are still there, Im still too short though.
    Heres hoping for Nill Memphis, dont sweat it and have fun

El Kabong Guest

Baseball - outfield/pitcher I also did some catching but I really liked pitching and outfield, my first hit in High School was a Grand Slam (I was like 0-6 before then)

Football - I played everything, on offense: guard, tackle, center. On defense: tackle (both 3 technique and nose tackle), end, and my favorite linebacker middle and outside.

Ice Hockey - defense, I was the goon for my squad.....yes southerners can play sports that involve ice

Lacrosse - Defense....once again I was the enforcer

And right now I box...nothing professional yet but one of my boys down at the gym just won a toughman competition and got $1,500!!!! that's pretty damn good per weight class....made me think about trying one out myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Football-too small, but fast
    Basketball-too small
    martial arts-pretty good
    baseball-good hitter, but that's about it
    soccer-broke my first bone (in my foot), but played the remainder of the game and walked home.
    Boxing-ok, my coach asked me where I was 20 or so years ago
    Golf-used to play a lot and was pretty good, basically suck now
    Shooting (if you consider it a sport)-won the club trap shooting championship, was a former police pistol combat champ, am still really good with a firearm (it's the only time I pat myself on the back for doing something really good).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like to think I'm a pretty good boxer...
    I enjoy playing basketball... got a decent shot on me... fitter than the average guy on the court and I'm a decent team player...

Football... I';m not a bad goal keeper and a pretty good mid feilder

Always enjoyed rowing... can get some good times on teh concept II aswell

Running... good middle distance runner, pretty fast sprinter... long distance isn't really my thing... 4-6 miles is good... I have 8 good miles in my legs... then they stiffen up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Football (soccer): Im a pretty good goalkeeper
    Average at Golf

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rugby: Pretty impressive flanker.

Hurling: Pretty Good, County n District medals

Gaelic Football: Reasonable.

Thai Boxing: Damn Good n Cocky 2 boot!

Boxing: County Champ, Provincial Champ, National Champ. At 3 different weight divisions n 6 different age groups.

Soccer: I'm a disgrace to the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soccer: I'm a disgrace to the sport.
    [/quote]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No genuinely!!! I'm terrible I'm pretty proud of being a pretty decent all round athlete but honestly this game just escapes me!!!

Check out this Quote from George Bernard Shaw the irish poet/dramatist:
    "Rugby is a game for gurriers played by gentlemen,
    Soccer is a game for gentlemen played by gurriers
    And hurling....Is a game for Gurriers played by gurriers!"

Thats our national sport yo!

Thread Information