Thanks Scrap   Power walk up or down the hill? I feel uneasy jogging down hill at the moment.

Finished the day with boxing training. 6 pm to 8 pm - all rounds 2 mins long, 30 secs break -

3 rounds shadow and 3 rounds floor to ceiling to warm up

Light sparring in a round robin with 1 round in sparring, 2 on the floor to ceiling.

Then sparred the last 4 rounds straight.

Total sparring maybe 8 rounds (wasn't counting)

Finished off technical work with more floor to ceiling work - another 4 rounds

Then did the following strength training circuit 3 X- Circuit One:

pushups with bars to go deep - 20 reps
back extensions on mat (raised feet and head) - 25 reps
Chin ups - 12 reps (pathetic I know but I'm working on it  )
Sidestepping and ducking under height of the floor to ceiling ball left and right with hands up- 15 X each way
Leg raises - knees up, straighten legs, bend legs, knees down X 15 reps
Lunges (bodyweight only) X 15 each side
Crunches X 30
Back exercise on hands and knees - dumbell in one hand lateral raises X 10 each side
As above except diagonally across body - X 10 each side
Holding plank position 1 min 30 sec

I usually do something like this before starting boxing technical stuff and finish with stretches and a few more exercises but had offer of sparring as soon as i arrived so usual order of things went out the window a bit.

Sparred a taller more experienced guy and a complete beginner. It felt good. It was very light but I made a conscious effort to not get POed about being short and managed to get in a bit more than usual.

I landed some nice overhand rights, a good number of jabs to the body, right uppercuts to the body and one nice left hook when I usually can not get in at all against the tall experienced dude.

I was all happy until the coach who had no other comments for me at all said "stop doing this" and mimicked my overhand right. Not what I was expecting for the following reasons:
(1) surely he knows what an overhand right is called?!
(2) it was landing well.
Communication is not always the greatest! One day I'll find out he meant something else maybe.

Sparring the inexperienced guy was fun - easy to forget how far you've come without doing that occasionally!

Cycled home - about 50 mins.