Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why I Think Mayweather Will Permanently Ruin Hatton

I'm not saying he will physically beat him so bad that he will ruin him like Chavez did to Taylor, but Floyd is about to destroy Ricky Hatton's career for these reasons:

1. He's going to ruin Ricky's perfect record and have naysayers coming out of the woodwork saying Hatton's career was built on beating hasbeens.

2. There's no way after a loss that Hatton can AGAIN decide to run back down to 140 (he'd look like a total coward for doing that twice), so he will now be forced to stay at 147 and fight at a weight where frankly I can't see a single top fighter (Mosley, Cotto, Williams, De la Hoya) who Hatton can beat, thus he'd likely lose his next fight and more naysayers will jump on board saying Floyd ruined him and his confidence.

3. He vehemently dislikes Floyd, just as Hagler vehemently disliked Leonard, and losing to the person you despise the most will eat at you for the rest of your life as we all know it's done to Marvin.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why I Think Mayweather Will Permanently Ruin Hatton

I agree with everything but number 3. I don't think Hatton hates Mayweather. He's always praised Mayweather for his skills (but also said some totally nonsensical things about him) He just wants a shot at the best but you're right when Floyd beats him it will be over for Ricky Hatton apart from a couple more paydays with the bigger, stronger, more talented Welterweights.

SigmaMu Guest

CC skyler and well said.

I agree. Bad business decision for camp Hatton.
    The fight should be at 140 or no dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at least Hatton is fighting PBF, and hardly anyone, especially the stupid "know it all" media, will give him respect for just jumping in the ring. What shame is there in losing to Floyd; like Ricky would be the 1st to lose to him or something? He'll put on the best fight Floyd has had with the exception of Castillo beating that azz the 1st time, and got robbed. As far as Hatton hating Floyd; he might now. The last few years every chance Floyd got he would bad mouth Ricky, while Ricky would be ever respectful and tell everyone that Floyd was the best out there. The hate came from Floyd 1st, but all of a sudden Hatton is the sh#t talker after the Castillo fight I could only hope Hatton pounds Mayweather, as nothing would make me happier. I don't see it happening but at least he will try and get a good paycheck for doing it. Everyone was hoping it would take Hatton all night to beat Castillo, so they could say it took Ricky a decision to beat an "old man" in Castillo. All of a sudden he puts that guy out in 4 rounds and here comes Floyd wanting to get the "disrespectful" Hatton. Gatti was a shot fighter when fighting Floyd, way more shot than Castillo, but no one mentions that, or old azz Baldomir,lol. No one made fun of Baldomir or Gatti or Corrales after losing to Mayweather, but I'm sure all the little gum-bumpers will be overjoyed if Hatton loses and will keep talking for months about it. Hatton wouldn't get respect even if he does beat Floyd, as they'll say he cheated with his "wrestling",lol. Mayweather better hope he runs all night because if he trades inside with Ricky he will get abused and ktfo. And in case anyone here thinks I am hating on Floyd I'm not. He is a magician in the ring, beautiful defense and a master at controlling the ring. But if he thinks he can sit on the ropes like he did with De La Hoya, against Ricky, he's getting sent home. He better put on the magic show and use that ring and box Hatton to death, as he's no "fighter". This could be a Leonard/Duran I folks; then again Hatton might get mauled. Either way it's a great fight to look forward to and great for the sport. If Hatton wins I can't wait to get on this board and see what's saying around here.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see any reason he couldn't go back to 140 after a loss. In fact, he may well head back down even if he pulls the upset. He has to be careful about fighting at 147, but the problems come against big, true welterweights like Collazo who he can't out muscle. Mayweather is a naturally smaller man, and is still only around 150 on fight night even at welter, so I don't see how the fight at 147 will be any factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Well at least Hatton is fighting PBF, and hardly anyone, especially the stupid "know it all" media, will give him respect for just jumping in the ring. What shame is there in losing to Floyd; like Ricky would be the 1st to lose to him or something? He'll put on the best fight Floyd has had with the exception of Castillo beating that azz the 1st time, and got robbed. As far as Hatton hating Floyd; he might now. The last few years every chance Floyd got he would bad mouth Ricky, while Ricky would be ever respectful and tell everyone that Floyd was the best out there. The hate came from Floyd 1st, but all of a sudden Hatton is the sh#t talker after the Castillo fight I could only hope Hatton pounds Mayweather, as nothing would make me happier. I don't see it happening but at least he will try and get a good paycheck for doing it. Everyone was hoping it would take Hatton all night to beat Castillo, so they could say it took Ricky a decision to beat an "old man" in Castillo. All of a sudden he puts that guy out in 4 rounds and here comes Floyd wanting to get the "disrespectful" Hatton. Gatti was a shot fighter when fighting Floyd, way more shot than Castillo, but no one mentions that, or old azz Baldomir,lol. No one made fun of Baldomir or Gatti or Corrales after losing to Mayweather, but I'm sure all the little gum-bumpers will be overjoyed if Hatton loses and will keep talking for months about it. Hatton wouldn't get respect even if he does beat Floyd, as they'll say he cheated with his "wrestling",lol. Mayweather better hope he runs all night because if he trades inside with Ricky he will get abused and ktfo. And in case anyone here thinks I am hating on Floyd I'm not. He is a magician in the ring, beautiful defense and a master at controlling the ring. But if he thinks he can sit on the ropes like he did with De La Hoya, against Ricky, he's getting sent home. He better put on the magic show and use that ring and box Hatton to death, as he's no "fighter". This could be a Leonard/Duran I folks; then again Hatton might get mauled. Either way it's a great fight to look forward to and great for the sport. If Hatton wins I can't wait to get on this board and see what's saying around here.
    I agree with pretty much everything u said have a cc. i dont think hattons ever said he wants to stay at welterweight as ive only ever heard him say he would step up in weight for a big fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

<snip>
    No one made fun of Baldomir or Gatti or Corrales after losing to Mayweather, but I'm sure all the little gum-bumpers will be overjoyed if Hatton loses and will keep talking for months about it. Hatton wouldn't get respect even if he does beat Floyd, as they'll say he cheated with his "wrestling",lol.

</snip>
    No one expected either Baldomir or Gatti to beat Floyd; neither of them were undefeated. The comparison fails. With Hatton-Mayweather we have two undefeated champions facing each other. One will take the other down and diminish him. Neither Baldomir nor Gatti were diminished by losing to Floyd as they didn't come in on the same basis that Ricky does.

And you're absolutely wrong. If Hatton manages to beat Floyd, he'll get loads of respect - if he fights way dirty he'll get called on it, but there is a ref in the ring. No matter how Hatton manages to beat Floyd, he'll get a W and hand Floyd his first L and no matter what any detractors say (there are always those that will talk trash but let's not make them the mainstream) Hatton will have great respect and reknown for his deed.

That said, I think a loss in this fight would be more detrimental to Mayweather's image than it will to Hatton's.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    I'm not saying he will physically beat him so bad that he will ruin him like Chavez did to Taylor, but Floyd is about to destroy Ricky Hatton's career for these reasons:

1. He's going to ruin Ricky's perfect record and have naysayers coming out of the woodwork saying Hatton's career was built on beating hasbeens.

2. There's no way after a loss that Hatton can AGAIN decide to run back down to 140 (he'd look like a total coward for doing that twice), so he will now be forced to stay at 147 and fight at a weight where frankly I can't see a single top fighter (Mosley, Cotto, Williams, De la Hoya) who Hatton can beat, thus he'd likely lose his next fight and more naysayers will jump on board saying Floyd ruined him and his confidence.

3. He vehemently dislikes Floyd, just as Hagler vehemently disliked Leonard, and losing to the person you despise the most will eat at you for the rest of your life as we all know it's done to Marvin.
    I disagree.

1) Hatton might yet surprise you with his performance. Even if he loses then he loses to the best fighter in
    the sport. Its not like he is losing to a bum and then his record is being reevaluated. Hatton has some very
    good fighters on his resume.

2) Again you are jumping to conclusions by saying Hatton loses. But even if he does lose and he feels 140 is
    his weight then so be it. By fighting Floyd he is fighting someone that is arguably not a true welterweight
    either.

3) Hatton doesnt dislike Floyd to the degree you are suggesting. Hatton just thinks he has a style that
    Floyd will have difficulty with. And he might be right. After the fight you can be sure that Hatton will be
    the first to congratulate Floyd on a great fight. If Hatton loses then he will get over it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post Miles.
    Apart from I have to disagree with Hatton having many good fighters on his resume. He only has 3 that are world class. 4 if you include Urango..but he obviously isn't elite. He fought some ok domestic competition while he was here like John Thaxton and Eamon Mcgee but these guys also aren't world players. Obviously if (Humungous IF lol) he beats Floyd anything he has done in the past won't matter as he will have beat the P4P king.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Good post Miles.
    Apart from I have to disagree with Hatton having many good fighters on his resume. He only has 3 that are world class. 4 if you include Urango..but he obviously isn't elite. He fought some ok domestic competition while he was here like John Thaxton and Eamon Mcgee but these guys also aren't world players. Obviously if (Humungous IF lol) he beats Floyd anything he has done in the past won't matter as he will have beat the P4P king.
    I did say he has "SOME very good fighters on his resume". But to be fair, I think I know where you are coming from. He doesnt have a record that in any way matches up to that of "The Pretty boy".

Anyways , for agreeing with the bulk of the post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NuthaPug
    <snip>
    No one made fun of Baldomir or Gatti or Corrales after losing to Mayweather, but I'm sure all the little gum-bumpers will be overjoyed if Hatton loses and will keep talking for months about it. Hatton wouldn't get respect even if he does beat Floyd, as they'll say he cheated with his "wrestling",lol.

</snip>
    No one expected either Baldomir or Gatti to beat Floyd; neither of them were undefeated. The comparison fails. With Hatton-Mayweather we have two undefeated champions facing each other. One will take the other down and diminish him. Neither Baldomir nor Gatti were diminished by losing to Floyd as they didn't come in on the same basis that Ricky does.

And you're absolutely wrong. If Hatton manages to beat Floyd, he'll get loads of respect - if he fights way dirty he'll get called on it, but there is a ref in the ring. No matter how Hatton manages to beat Floyd, he'll get a W and hand Floyd his first L and no matter what any detractors say (there are always those that will talk trash but let's not make them the mainstream) Hatton will have great respect and reknown for his deed.

That said, I think a loss in this fight would be more detrimental to Mayweather's image than it will to Hatton's.
    You're right, my comparison did fail with Baldomir and Gatti, as I didn't expect 2 old men to beat him either and they weren't undefeated as you said, which really is why Ricky should get more respect in the 1st place. Though that won't stop the Max Kellerman's of the world to brow beat Hatton if he loses, like they have hoped he would lose every fight. As far as gaining respect, that will be seen after the fight. I saw more holding and foul play with Hopkins vs. Wright than I have in Hatton's whole career, and nobody said a damn thing about it except he is skillful. Somehow Hatton can do less holding than B-Hop and get trashed for it and it's somehow mauling and ugly fighting and cheating. So though I concede your point about my bad comparison, we'll see if Hatton can pull it off and then watch to see if "respect" is even mentioned with Hatton in the same sentence. I know he barely got acknowleged for beating Castillo down, and seemed he got no respect at all as he beat up a geezer. Yet Floyd can fight Baldomir and Gatti who were practically in retirement homes and nothing is said. I would CC you for pointing out my bad comparison but I can't yet.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it goes both ways, who ever wins will ruin the loser's inner femine feelings So may the best HUGGER or RUNNER wins.

I'm just teasing pls floyd fans and hatton huggers pls don't sad click me to death :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc from me too

it was same with castillo fight
    until hatton won
    then castillo became a has been over night by some of those who said he would win easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton actually has the right style to give Floyd fits. Rick's people need to negotiate ring size 16 18 foot should be sufficiant. if that can't be worked out , look to fight Delahoya or Cotto... much more crowd pleasing fight to be sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree with this.
    Hatton took heat for jumping back to 140 the first time because he fought one good fighter (Collazo) and then ran back to 140 without facing any big-name fighter at 147.
    If he loses to Floyd, he can go back to 140 without any shame, because the guy he would've lost to at 147 is the #1 PFP fighter in the world. There'd be no shame in going back down, because it's taking guts for him to take this fight, a fight which he has very little chance of winning.

Thread Information