Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: When are the undefeated heavies going to show us something???

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default When are the undefeated heavies going to show us something???

Jesus I have been waiting FOREVER for someone to do SOMETHING in the division to get some turn over here so we can get rid of guys like Audley Harrison and John Ruiz and so on!

Ruslan Chagaev's last two wins weren't even UD's!!!! Man up and fight Wladimir!!!!

Eddie Chambers is slowly but surely rising to a title shot...he has at least had the balls to spar with Wlad

Chazz Witherspoon is also moving up steadily and he too has sparred with Wladimir

Chris Arreola he's doing well and passing the time, Thomas Hayes is a decent fighter to go against....Arreola doesn't have the pop he needs to take on the big boys though.

Malik Scott....HOLY CRAP DUDE you're going to be 70 before you're going to get a title shot fighting guys like Sedrick Fields in A FOUR ROUND FIGHT!!! when you already have 29 fights under your belt!

Alexander Dimitrenko....26 fights and not ONE vs a true contender or anything resembling a contender!!!

Kevin Johnson hasn't been very impressive, 16 wins and 6 KO's

Looking at all of these guys makes Alexander Povetkin look freaking AMAZING....he's got 13 fights under his belt and he has fought better competition than ALL these guys and he's getting ready to fight CHRIS BYRD.....good on it AP!

These guys need to step it up and make some stuff happen!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When are the undefeated heavies going to show us something???

Pretty much I agree with what you say bro...it's about time the prospects in the division quit trying to boost their records with meaningless fights, and start getting mucky with competitive fights, if not against the top fellas, then against each other.

However, is Wlad Klitschko really the best benchmark we have for these guys? I agree that Povetkin is doing the right things in the division, hopefully he continues in that vein. However, I think we can safely write off Malik Scott, nobody'll give him a title shot because he's boring to watch, is lacking in charisma, and needs to fight some proper opposition over the full term.

The rest of them can also do with starting to make competitive fights, and more frequently, otherwise the HW's will stay in the funk they're in.

El Kabong Guest

It's about time for HBO to put together another "Night of the Future Heavyweights" to help slim out the pickings....that card was just a gift from the heavens, no one super important but good match ups and KO's and most importantly EXCITING HEAVYWEIGHT FIGHTS!

Just to refresh everyones' memories (the entire card and results with the HBO fights in BOLD )

Samuel Peter W Jason Farley TKO 2 10
    Dominick Guinn W Duncan Dokiwari UD 10
    Serguei Lyakhovich W James Walton TKO 8
    Joe Mesi W DaVarryl Williamson KO 1
    Juan Carlos Gomez W Sinan Samil Sam UD 10

What a great night of fights!

I would love to see the following even match ups or just match ups where one fighter has deserved to lose for a long time but limped along and found ways to win...a la Davaryl Williamson vs Joe Mesi

Alexander Dimitrenko-Malik Scott....there is only room for one big tall guy with no power!

Jonathan Banks-Michael Marrone....Banks is a good kid with a ton of heart and good power and Marrone is prime for a KO loss!!!

Travis Walker - JD Chapman....two heavy handed punchers and they are ready to fight tougher guys!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the english heavies are dawdling too, trading loses n fighting in a small pond.
    Rather than making each other look bad they should travel and attempt to make something of themselves. i do blame frank warren to an extent.

And i'm referring to all of em! Skelton, Williams, Sprott, Gammer, n even Audley!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    All the english heavies are dawdling too, trading loses n fighting in a small pond.
    Rather than making each other look bad they should travel and attempt to make something of themselves. i do blame frank warren to an extent.

And i'm referring to all of em! Skelton, Williams, Sprott, Gammer, n even Audley!!!
    Not a single one of them is world class. We are back to the days of Funso Banjo and Horace Notice plodding around the ring ......... with the number of heavyweight fighters we have (and it's not a lot) we should have realised how lucky we were in the days of Bruna and Lennox (even though we nicked him from Canada).
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i do agree that they are not world class, but that is no reason for them not to make an attempt! Williams is the only one of them that has shown the bravery to step up and try really make a name for himself

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK, but I'm not sure that Danny ever really had the self confidence to go out and show he was world class.

I mean, he is a big guy, good jab, tough and durable, decent power ....... but he has consistently displayed passiveness in the ring in his biggest fights. It's as if he crumbles under the pressure and just wants to not lose badly by stoppage.

His indiscipline with his weight and conditioning has also held him back badly.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X

Not a single one of them is world class. We are back to the days of Funso Banjo and Horace Notice plodding around the ring ......... with the number of heavyweight fighters we have (and it's not a lot) we should have realised how lucky we were in the days of Bruna and Lennox (even though we nicked him from Canada).
    Personally, the future of the heavyweights in Britain doesnt lie with the current crop, rather it is with David Haye moving up, because as X said none of the ones we have at the moment are near world quality.

And I totally agree with your suggestion for a "Night of the Future Champions" Lyle, we just need a promoter or two to go out there an make it happen....might bring a bit of excitement in to an ailing division...but with Malik Scott involved I wouldn't guarantee it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Points well taken and understood. But altho this is not the best time for british heavyweights this is THEIR time...Do u not feel they should make the effort make the most of their time n go for it. Thats what i feel boxing is about!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

Personally, the future of the heavyweights in Britain doesnt lie with the current crop, rather it is with David Haye moving up, because as X said none of the ones we have at the moment are near world quality.

And I totally agree with your suggestion for a "Night of the Future Champions" Lyle, we just need a promoter or two to go out there an make it happen....might bring a bit of excitement in to an ailing division...but with Malik Scott involved I wouldn't guarantee it.
    The sad thing is at his best, Danny could beat one of the current Heavyweight Champions. Like people have said though, he lacks confidence and often piles on 3 stone that he shouldn't before going into a fight. When he's in shape, Danny can be a good fighter, so I don't rule him out having one last push.

Haye is sat on a lottery ticket right now, I don't want him to bide his time and waste a golden oppertunity.

Alot of the current undefeated American Heavies remind me of Calvin Brock. Not terrible, but would get destroyed by Wlad.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

...if he's put in with someone who will KO him it would be exciting!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Jesus I have been waiting FOREVER for someone to do SOMETHING in the division to get some turn over here so we can get rid of guys like Audley Harrison and John Ruiz and so on!

Ruslan Chagaev's last two wins weren't even UD's!!!! Man up and fight Wladimir!!!!

Eddie Chambers is slowly but surely rising to a title shot...he has at least had the balls to spar with Wlad

Chazz Witherspoon is also moving up steadily and he too has sparred with Wladimir

Chris Arreola he's doing well and passing the time, Thomas Hayes is a decent fighter to go against....Arreola doesn't have the pop he needs to take on the big boys though.

Malik Scott....HOLY CRAP DUDE you're going to be 70 before you're going to get a title shot fighting guys like Sedrick Fields in A FOUR ROUND FIGHT!!! when you already have 29 fights under your belt!

Alexander Dimitrenko....26 fights and not ONE vs a true contender or anything resembling a contender!!!

Kevin Johnson hasn't been very impressive, 16 wins and 6 KO's

Looking at all of these guys makes Alexander Povetkin look freaking AMAZING....he's got 13 fights under his belt and he has fought better competition than ALL these guys and he's getting ready to fight CHRIS BYRD.....good on it AP!

These guys need to step it up and make some stuff happen!
    You forgot Tye Fields, this guy has it all, size, height, reach the looks. He's the next great white hope.

El Kabong Guest

...Tye Fields already lost to someone and besides he's GARBAGE!

FYI: Klitschko, Maskaev, Sultan, Chagaev are all white.....when's the next Black Hope coming along

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats the story with Juan Carlos Gomez, I know he got beat bad once but he should
    be in the mix, is he ever gonna step it up?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~Phil~
    whats the story with Juan Carlos Gomez, I know he got beat bad once but he should
    be in the mix, is he ever gonna step it up?
    He's supposed to fight Oliver McCall next, they have fought once before and JCG tested positive for cocaine after the fight and disputed the test and has sat out for a while because of it

Thread Information