Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Anyone Be Happy With Pavlik Fighting John Duddy In March ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Would Anyone Be Happy With Pavlik Fighting John Duddy In March ??

Well it looks like this fight will be made im Pavlik fan and i think there is much better fights to be made like Taylor rematch or Abraham or moving up to Supermiddleweight im little bit disappointed because there are many other fights to be made that are alot more interesting than this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Anyone Be Happy With Pavlik Fighting John Duddy In March ??

I'd be happy. Dunno if Duddy would be tho........ May well get KTFO early.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    I'd be happy. Dunno if Duddy would be tho........ May well get KTFO early.
    Pavlik by early KO for sure.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a great matchup!

Not every fight need be a career defining fight, give him a chance to shine in his new role as champ and then bring on some tougher opposition.

Duddy's fans are fanatical if this takes place at the Garden the atmosphere will be electric.

And who doesn't enjoy a John Duddy fight?

I'd love to see this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This isnt likely to happen yet, I dont think Duddy has proven he's worthy of this fight yet. He needs a few more steps up in opposition. Dont get me wrong I'm still pulling for Duddy if this goes through. The promoters are probably drooling all over the possible numbers this would generate, at MSG no less,it would be a Duddy crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most champions take a sure thing for their first defense, and Duddy will generate a lot of more money than most sure things. And although I'd expect Duddy to lose by knockout, I think he'd make it exciting while it lasted. Like Bilbo said, the atmosphere in the Garden would be incredible for that fight.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Not every fight need be a career defining fight, give him a chance to shine in his new role as champ and then bring on some tougher opposition.

Duddy's fans are fanatical if this takes place at the Garden the atmosphere will be electric.

I'd love to see this.
    Excitement wise i agree but Duddy is well out of his depth imo and will be KO early.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I'd love to see this.
    Excitement wise i agree but Duddy is well out of his depth imo and will be KO early.
    It will most likely be like an Arturo Gatti fight, but who didn't use to enjoy his prime barnburners?

Explosive whilst it lasts!

I fancy Duddy to cuase a few suprises.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be happy to watch a Pavlik - Duddy match-up, like most on here I think Duddy will probably get KO'd, but its a more intriguing match-up than Pavlik - Mora which I've read there is talk of. The fight I'm most interested to see Pavlik in, aside from a rematch with JT, is a unification bout with Abraham. Pavlik - Duddy followed by Pavlik - Abraham would be a great pair of fights.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    I'd be happy to watch a Pavlik - Duddy match-up, like most on here I think Duddy will probably get KO'd, but its a more intriguing match-up than Pavlik - Mora which I've read there is talk of. The fight I'm most interested to see Pavlik in, aside from a rematch with JT, is a unification bout with Abraham. Pavlik - Duddy followed by Pavlik - Abraham would be a great pair of fights.
    See call me crazy but I'd love to see him in with Mora as well.

I also think Alan Green would be one hell of a matchup. Green had to have three quarters of his colon removed following the Miranda fight and had been sick for months. I personally think a fully fit Alan Green would have smoked Miranda just as good as Pavlik did.

Pavlik vs Green = one hell of a fucking good fight!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    See call me crazy but I'd love to see him in with Mora as well.

I also think Alan Green would be one hell of a matchup. Green had to have three quarters of his colon removed following the Miranda fight and had been sick for months. I personally think a fully fit Alan Green would have smoked Miranda just as good as Pavlik did.

Pavlik vs Green = one hell of a fucking good fight!
    I don't think Pavlik - Mora would be a bad fight, while it lasted, but Mora is in no way ready to fight someone like Pavlik. Most people would probably like that fight because they want to see Mora get knocked out, but I'm a fan of Mora so I don't want to see it happen. A fight with Green would be good if making to weight didn't take too much out of Green; I'd love to see Pavlik KTFO Allan Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I'd love to see this.
    It will most likely be like an Arturo Gatti fight, but who didn't use to enjoy his prime barnburners?

Explosive whilst it lasts!

I fancy Duddy to cuase a few suprises.
    Yeah if he made the third round it would be a surprise i guess.....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green would never have smoked Miranda. Green looked TERRIBLE just 2 fights before Miranda. He only looked good against Codrington and the number 1 Daddy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Green would never have smoked Miranda. Green looked TERRIBLE just 2 fights before Miranda. He only looked good against Codrington and the number 1 Daddy.
    He almost had Miranda out of there as it was even with that shitty performance.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    He almost had Miranda out of there as it was even with that shitty performance.
    He scored a flash knockdown other than that he was running the whole time and got dominated.

Thread Information