Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Mundine set to return!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Mundine set to return!!!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...EgJeruSbQ.html

I was starting to become a huge fan of Chock,and then he got the eye injury...he's scheduled to be back though!

"After rejecting the advice of doctors to have a cornea transplant, Mundine revealed he has been affected by shortsightedness for most of his boxing career. Mundine said, "I have an eye condition called keratoconus that makes your eyeball go out of shape so you lose your focus and you can't see distances."

Decemeber 10 is the date pencilled in. He also wants to fight the Kess JC winner.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Mundine set to return!!!

Good, glad to hear it. Next time Mundine should not take medical advice from old ladies. Poor b@stard. I wish him the best in his return.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

168 has become awesome over night!! You have Kess and JC,then Mundine,Inkin,Froch,Bute,Berrio(who has the potential to KTFO anyone on any given night) then Taylor is moving up,Pavlik may at some point then RJJ and Tito are fighting 2 pounds above this weight and Miranda too! Wow!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was only ever a journey man anyhow, don't see him coming back and fighting more seconed rate fighters being any different than before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    168 has become awesome over night!! You have Kess and JC,then Mundine,Inkin,Froch,Bute,Berrio(who has the potential to KTFO anyone on any given night) then Taylor is moving up,Pavlik may at some point then RJJ and Tito are fighting 2 pounds above this weight and Miranda too! Wow!!
    Don't forget Andrade, a fighter no one will get past lightly.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    he was only ever a journey man anyhow, don't see him coming back and fighting more seconed rate fighters being any different than before.
    That's a strange comment considering thus far,he has given Kessler his toughest fight.....

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Shit,how could I forget Librado?! Librado v Miranda!!!!!!!!! Make it happen Legion!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a strange comment considering thus far,he has given Kessler his toughest fight.....

S***,how could I forget Librado?! Librado v Miranda!!!!!!!!! Make it happen Legion!
    Fail to see how mundine giving kessler some trouble has anything to do with him being a journey man, any fighter who takes a regular WBA belt when there is a 'super-belt' is a pridless journey man - they are the only ones who take worthless belts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

S***,how could I forget Librado?! Librado v Miranda!!!!!!!!! Make it happen Legion!
    Will do.....I'll call them right now. Sh#t, I forgot I don't speak Spanish Oh well; I'll try abbra-caddabra and see if that works Seriously, one fight that has to be made this year imo, don't see how Miranda can avoid it really.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fail to see how mundine giving kessler some trouble has anything to do with him being a journey man, any fighter who takes a regular WBA belt when there is a 'super-belt' is a pridless journey man - they are the only ones who take worthless belts.
    That's a really stupid point! You fail to see he gave the second best fighter in the division tough fight(ie meaning he's not a jouneymean) just because he took a belt? A pro has to do what makes $$$,if someone offers a belt,you don't say no. Isn't Joel Casamayor an interim champ or something? Is he a journeyman too?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a really stupid point! You fail to see he gave the second best fighter in the division tough fight(ie meaning he's not a jouneymean) just because he took a belt? A pro has to do what makes $$$,if someone offers a belt,you don't say no. Isn't Joel Casamayor an interim champ or something? Is he a journeyman too?
    No, casa is the ring belt - there for undisputed.

Mundine lost to guys like manny siaca, got sparted out by ottke who didn't have the power to put and old lady away.

I have only seen clips of that fight but didnt kessler win just about eveyr round on any neutral card? Any guy like mundine who can never win the big fights and has to take second rate belts to make $$ is a journeyman gam, you know that... isn't he 0 in 3 world title attempts? getting knocked out, lossing to another second rate fighter and getting beating without to much trouble by kessler? then you pick up some title no one respects to get $$ lol if that isn't a journey man then i don't know what is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mundine lost to guys like manny siaca, got sparted out by ottke who didn't have the power to put and old lady away.

I have only seen clips of that fight but didnt kessler win just about eveyr round on any neutral card? Any guy like mundine who can never win the big fights and has to take second rate belts to make $$ is a journeyman gam, you know that... isn't he 0 in 3 world title attempts? getting knocked out, lossing to another second rate fighter and getting beating without to much trouble by kessler? then you pick up some title no one respects to get $$ lol if that isn't a journey man then i don't know what is.
    Well Ottke was his 11th pro fight? Siaca was a bad night and he looked good v Kess imo. His skills also improve at A RAPID pace and he looks better and better every time. He looked awesome v Soliman and Green. LOL at the highlighted,I see what you mean with that. I still wouldnt call him a journeyman though,the guy has skills!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Ottke was his 11th pro fight? Siaca was a bad night and he looked good v Kess imo. His skills also improve at A RAPID pace and he looks better and better every time. He looked awesome v Soliman and Green. LOL at the highlighted,I see what you mean with that. I still wouldnt call him a journeyman though,the guy has skills!
    yeah he does have skills i aint disputing that... but guys who fail time and time again at the crack of a world title to me are eithe rin a motherfucker of a devision, or are journeymen... up untill now SMw has been pretty poor for talent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A journeyman? Name anyone other than Kessler and Calzaghe who'd beat him at 168? He KTFO Soliman who gave Winky Wright a tough fight, and Sam has a granite chin. I'd love Mundine to fight Froch cos he'd school Carl the overrated bum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah he does have skills i aint disputing that... but guys who fail time and time again at the crack of a world title to me are eithe rin a motherfucker of a devision, or are journeymen... up untill now SMw has been pretty poor for talent...
    Saying youve only seen highlights of a fight and then making a comment about that fight is just fuckin stupid man. If anything i think the contender has shown us how highlights can make things appear different then what they are. I watched kessler vs mundine and let me tell you now....those judges were on fuckin crack especially the one who gave kessler every round or something. Siaca.....dude mundine went into that fight with an ankle injury, he couldnt move like he usually does. Hes tried to get rematches with siaca but siaca never wants them. And ottke, well that was his 11th fight and he was beating the crap out of him before the knock out. The knockout by the way was more of a conditioning thing then a chin thing. If you had watched the fight then youd know mundine was fucked coz he barely trained for it, he didnt spar or do most things you should do for it.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Otke KO against Numdine was weird. It did not cath him on the chn but on the ear and side of the head. It was defo weird for him to be out for 5 mins aganst Otke. Otke normally Ko'd people by boring the audience to death.

Not seen his other defeats so won't comment about them.

Mundine v Froch is a fight I would love to see.
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Thread Information