Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default In the Aftermath of Hatton vs Mayweather

Apologies if this has already been posted...but I wandered what your opinions are on what the futures are for either Mayweather and Hatton if they lose??

For me, if Mayweather loses (which I sincerely hope he does) he retires. He's come out of retirement for this fight and taken on someone who he believes is below him. If he gets beaten he still has the record to be recognised as a great, but he lost to the better fighter and he obviously wasn't the best of his era. Somehow I see him being a little like Tyson in the fact that once he's beaten he won't be able to accept it and try desperately to reclaim his legacy.

If Hatton loses, I think he drops back down to 140 and dominates there. There is no question that he is the best at light-welter. He is the recognised champ there and can live it up and make a huge name for himself as one of the best ever at that weight. There are fights like Witter, Paulie, D-Hop, Torres that he could take.

Bottom line is, come December 8th, one man will take everything, everything is on the line and after that night...unless it is a draw of course

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In the Aftermath of Hatton vs Mayweather

I think it would be harder for mayweather to take if he lost his family are pretty disjointed and un supportive, unlike Hatton who has a very supportive family and lots of friends who tend to keep his feet on the ground making it an easier task to come back from a loss. could be wrong but thats my impression

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hatton beats Mayweather i very much expect a re-match....then a trilogy...that would be amazing a little peice of history unfolding..

If Mayweather beats hatton..no biggie it's what we expected....I would like to see Cotto-Mayweather though...
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Win or lose, Hatton will fight DLH. It'll be part of his friggin contract with Golden Boy. I wouldn't be shocked by that. No way does Hatton lose badly, so me thinks DLH is next.

Mayweather on the other hand is tricky. I'd be suprised if he agreed to fight Cotto. Deep down, Floyd has to know he'd get his ass kicked by Cotto. I think he'd try and make a money fight with Trinidad or something. (I know thats a bit out there, but I wouldn't be shocked.)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There IS a strong possibility Hatton could lose badly. How they gonna sell Hatton-Oscar if Ricky gets slaughtered? I don't see how that fight's a given at all.

I can't see Floyd losing so fuck knows what he'd do (somewhere next year the Oscar rematch must be on the cards).

Hatton will take a long break if he loses.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should Hatton win I see the boxing world in celebration and virtually every boxing fan giving him his rightful place. I think Floyd would be slated and i Feel he may retire.

Should Floyd win i feel he will pursue Cotto and make the money.
    Ricky would move back to 140 and clean up again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say Cotto for the winner and De La Hoya for the loser. Or a rematch cos Floyd will want revenge come Dec 8th.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's difficult to truly no, but i9 hope we don't have to think of a 2nd prize on Ricky's side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mayweather loses there will be an instant rematch but it will affect him and that massive ego far worse than it will Hatton. If he wins a possible rematch with De La Hoya or mega matches with ethier Cotto or Mosely.

If Hatton wins it would be a huge upset and a shock felt around the boxing world but again there will be a rematch. If he loses no biggie. Everyone is expecting him to lose so possible matches with DLH, Magginalli or Casamayor maybe to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dear God not Casamayor....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly think that Hatton will win and he will then have either a massive money fight v Cotto or ODH. I expect him to fight DLH.

I think Mayweather will find the defeat hard to take and if it is debatable will claim a robbery and demand a rematch.
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a bigger deal for Mayweather if he loses, Hatton is young enough to continue at 147 and get some more big fights. I don't know about DLH, can he make 147?
    Mayweather will win and fight Cotto then retire, Hatton has plenty of options if he loses and it's what the majority will think will happen anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Win or lose, Hatton will fight DLH. It'll be part of his friggin contract with Golden Boy. I wouldn't be shocked by that. No way does Hatton lose badly, so me thinks DLH is next.

Mayweather on the other hand is tricky. I'd be suprised if he agreed to fight Cotto. Deep down, Floyd has to know he'd get his a** kicked by Cotto. I think he'd try and make a money fight with Trinidad or something. (I know thats a bit out there, but I wouldn't be shocked.)
    What makes u so sure Cotto has a massive edge over PBF? I very much doubt Floyd thinks he would get beat by Cotto, and i very much doubt he would get beat by Cotto. If anything i think Floyd would be more confident than ever of a win over Cotto after the Mosely fight. Stop trying to discredit PBF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather has more to lose then Hatton...If Ricky loses there will be noting more said about him then now...Too slow and gets hit to much....He will resume his career where it left off and still on top of the 140lb division....

Mayweather will be the guy crucified....The comments of him fighting guys past their best and being given giftes will never stop......Then again though for him to lose against Hatton may hand him excuses....He had to go up and down in weight to often,,,,etc....

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eagle why would PBF feel better after Cotto beat Mosley PBF is different then Mosley is and Speaking of which was it not Mosley that beat prime Oscar and Pbf that had a SD and barely beat a past it prime oscar i do not think Cotto beating Mosley would help PBF in thinking he win.

Thread Information