Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default discouragged

Hey guys,
    I just have a quick question for you all. What do you do when you get unmotivated. I mean...you put it the work, you train hard, but not much happens...would it be wise of me to change to a bigger gym? take a month off and work on my cardio and strength? At the beggining I had all the heart in the worl...but lately I just feel like giving up...Does this happen to any of you?

Thanks for your input.

Sin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: discouragged

Quote Originally Posted by sinity
    Hey guys,
    Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â I just have a quick question for you all. What do you do when you get unmotivated. I mean...you put it the work, you train hard, but not much happens...would it be wise of me to change to a bigger gym? take a month off and work on my cardio and strength? At the beggining I had all the heart in the worl...but lately I just feel like giving up...Does this happen to any of you?

Thanks for your input.

Sin
    WHATS really going on with you is the question?  Thats a question you must find down within yourself you feel me? whats your MOTIVATION/DESIRE/ GOAL??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya I know..I just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience..I am coming to the conclusion that maybe I just have no tallent for boxing, and as much as I love the sport..realising I suck at it is tough...I will keep looking inside myself tho..I do have a history of depression so .....oh well...I'll be ok tho.
    Thanks for responding.
    Sin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its near on impossible to suck at a sport is you wanna do it.
    go to a bigger gym or spar with different people in the gym you are currently in.
    sparring the same peopel isnt going to do much, you need to mix it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boxing is a generally fun sport because theres alot of hands on attached to it.. if the problem is that you find yourself getting ready to go to the gym and you just dont feel like it then maybe you need to find some confidence also... try to gain confidence when you spar. and if you suck as you say you do theres motivation there no one inherits bad skills you just have to build them use that as motivation to WIN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

try a different profession.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bouncer- I'm not a pro boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

profession may not be literal... besides jsut replace that work with hobby and there ya go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate if you want it enough then you will get back into training. I dont have a boxing gym where i live so i have to train at home. You have no idea how good you have it to have a gym. It takes a whole lot more discipline to train at home then a gym. Its all about pushing yourself to do it, one day if you think i dont feel like doing this push yourself to do it. You make your own motivation, once you get into it you will feel motivated to keep doing it. Every time i hit the heavybag and realise im hitting harder and faster and my stamina is going up i cant wait to get back out there coz results are showing.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have the same feeling every 3 or 4 months for some reason. I just work through it cos i know i will regain the motivation. Try touch sparring to gain confidence. Also try to watch some classic fights like Leornard/Duran/Hagler.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sin, All the things you mentioned can help.

taking a week off can help - just go off and do something else, go to a club, go drinking, go to a couple of movies- just do stuff you don't often get teh chance to do. It can be hard to keep on training day in day out especially if you don't have a fight date to work towards.
    Just think of it as taking some R&R to let your mind and body relax before starting up again.

Watching classic fights also helps get the fire back, especially if it's your favourite fighter. Ask your trainer what he thinks you need to improve one. Having someone you respect give positive feedback can be a great motivator.

As for what some of the others have said-only YOU know if the fight game is for you, when you are down just accept it as part of you, and you know you will come up again the on the other side of the depression, people just saying get over it don't know shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah got that same thing some times,
    i just take a week off and just freakin relax, just like missy said,
    you'll see next week you cant wait to be back in the gym,
    but dont do it every week

and sometimes when i dont feel like going (hard day @ work, late at the club last night or for some reason)
    i know i'll feel different when i'm at the gym, then i'll be glad i went anyway, so i just go and realise i was right, like always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bang on, bouncer can shut the fuck up, 1 post and thats what he gives u, anyways everyone loses motivation at some point! dont do it all the time, take a break like missy said and try and psyche yourself up for it, dont worry bout it either, or youll bum urself out, take it easy and good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I did get my groove back. What I do when I get into a funk is watch boxing, and read up on boxing. I just find the mental aspect of boxing the most challenging....A mental break is good ...
    Thanks for the kind words Missy...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been unmotivated plenty of times. If you're out there training, and all you can think of is being the best, being in great shape, you'll do fine. But if all you can think about is what you're going to have for dinner when you're done training, or what TV show you're going to watch, it gets easy to slack off and become lazy. It's all in the mind.

Thread Information