Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Man amateurs are sloppy!

I went to a local amateur fight night last night. I saw 13 fights. In everyone of them the boxers swung there punches like a rusty gate. Some of them were novices and some were experienced and yet they threw shit punches. Anyone else notice this? Anyway i was stuck there watching all these sloppy fights thinking to myself, man i could knock some of these blokes out in one round. Not only was i thinking this but my dad who has recently become my trainer couldnt believe how sloppy they were and agreed that i would knock some of them out pretty easily.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Man amateurs are sloppy!

Its always easier making a judgement from the outside, nothing wrong with it, we all do it. Not just boxing either, we all say or think we could do better at times, but the fact is if we could, we would be (in most cases)
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

looks slower than it feels when ur doing it :> tell some one to punch his fastest and fro msome angels it will look like slow motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

key word... AMATEURS!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Its always easier making a judgement from the outside, nothing wrong with it, we all do it. Not just boxing either, we all say or think we could do better at times, but the fact is if we could, we would be (in most cases)
    Perfectly said. If you could beat someones ass.. why wouldn't you be in the rind doing it. Teddy Roosevelt said it best....

t "It is not the critic that counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or the doer of deeds could have them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the Arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but he who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great devotion; who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls, who know neither victory nor defeat." --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya sorry us amateurs arnt very good. Thats becasue were just learning and starting out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Perfectly said. If you could beat someones ass.. why wouldn't you be in the rind doing it. Teddy Roosevelt said it best....

t "It is not the critic that counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or the doer of deeds could have them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the Arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but he who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great devotion; who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls, who know neither victory nor defeat." --
    I can do it and will most likely will be fighting in the next local show. All im consentrating on right now is fitness.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBOXER14
    Ya sorry us amateurs arnt very good. Thats becasue were just learning and starting out
    I know this but the first thing your trainer will teach you is how to throw straight punches. These guys i watched stood back and swung like a rusty gate.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not all amatuers are shit just the aussie ones u watch lol seriously thou if ur so gd y dont u enter and knock them all out like u said u would

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think he could knock me out. I think I could give him a lil run for his money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know what ya mean with the sloppy stuff.
    and i've seen some people who i train with, throw sloppy in a bout.
    but during training they throw very good shots, mayb (almost) perfect, just like you .

some people who are good in a gym get sloppy in a ring.
    pressure, tyred, frustration, wrong possition, it can happen to every1.

remeber a fight is NOT a sparring session

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some are crap, some are good. All I can say is, its much easier to talk than to act. I remember before starting boxing and watching boxing matches on TV, I use to think some of them looked so crap but when I started out and put myself on video..I laughed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they're just learning man... I suck too but I don't learn to master the art of boxing in just a few months -- did you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I the only amateur here who doesn't think he sucks and agrees with snakey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not saying anything bad im just saying that after what i saw i think some are very sloppy. I know its easier to talk and im not just talking. As i said i will probably be in next yrs local fight night. But for now im still training, i got the technique down just need more stamina.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok wel we know everyone learning the sport isn't going to be the greates fighter right off the bat -- so why come out talking like u're the king of the ring? I'm sure there's boxers out there that could critique you the same arrogant way -- it's stupid. Everyone's trying to learn the sport and enjoy it. I wouldnt want someone walking around w/ their nose up saying shit about me and im sure nobody else would want it either -- it just sounds arrogant. Unless your the champion of your weight class, let's keep our egos in check here.

Thread Information