Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default jogging help

hi im 17 and new to boxing. when i spar my stamina gives out real quick so ive been jogging about a month now. when i jog i pretty much am totally spent after .5 a mile. i have no idea why, im not overweight or anything. one thing i notice is by the end of the .5 mile im constantly taking deep breaths. makes me wonder if i have asthma or something btw i jog 2-3 times a week should i do it more? oh and also i live in florida so everyday its like 99 degrees that might have something to do with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: jogging help

stamina comes along as you train,
    try to do some interval running allong with your jog
    keep a stopwatch with ya and sprint 30 sec jog 30 sec then sprint again.
    do this 3 min then walk at a high pace for a min then start with 30 sec jog again.

the sprints are really important for your boxing, explosive like your combo's in the ring.
    in the beginning the 30 sec will be a evry very long 30 sec, so you can start off with 20 maybe even 15 sec sprints. you'll notice after a little while you can hold it for 30 sec.
    and you will learn more during sparring sessions cuz you wont be to tyred

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do realise that boxing is mainly anaerobic though, like 70%. However you do need to train aerobically, i cant remember exactly but oxygen helps to remove lactic acid in your muscles, as well as for general rythmetic movements, such as bobbing weaving and circling the ring. Thats why jogging should be broken into interval running, running hard for the length of your rounds, and then jogging for the rest peroid, so if you fight 3 rounds then you would run to that time or greater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this helps a lot thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try jogging a little slower at the start. When I first started out last September I could barely make a mile without stopping, I soon found out that I was starting off too fast and I was not forming a rhythm with my breathing. The more you run the better you will get at it, after just making that 1 mile run I started training up to 3 times a week and soon I was ready for my first 10K run. Now as time has gone on I'm now 2 months away from my first half marathon, at the rate I'm improving I hope to run the London marathon next year.

It just takes a little time but keep working at it

Thread Information