Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chuck vs Shogun @ 97

Ok as a long time Chuck fan I'm pretty realistic about him. Still has great td defense and KO power but after years of dominating people have figured him out and he doesn't seem to have the interest in evolving more and changing his technique up. That being said unless Shogun can get back to 2005 form I don't see him winning this fight. He won't have much luck getting Chuck to the ground and he doesn't seem to have the tight technical punching of Rampage/Rashad to counter Chuck's wide punching. In a slugfest I think Chuck can take/give better. The only real advantage Shogun is going to have is in the clinch if he can get there. Chuck will still have to come in top shape and have a good plan but I'll be picking Ice Man with a 2nd/3rd round ko. Thoughts?

p.s. This forum is really dead compared to what it used to be. What gives?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chuck vs Shogun @ 97

Anybody has a chance against Chuck these days , his punch resistance has gone.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the same can definately be said for Shogun. His conditioning is poor, his striking is sloppy and he doesn't seem to have a killer instinct anymore. Whether it is multiple knee injuries, steroid testing or the lack of stomps and soccer kicks Shogun has looked very average. Chuck vs Rampage/Rashad/Jardine has shown 1. an erosion in reflexes 2. no desire to evolve 3. to much dependence on landing one punch but I think even in losing these fights and beating Silva he has looked much better than Shogun. W/O a big turn around I see Rua getting put to sleep

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its my opinion that the combination of hard partying and competition related wear and tear have taken their toll on Lidell.
    His once granite chin has been cracked several times lately.
    A knockout loss to Rampage is excusable, Jackson hits very hard, but against Jardine he was in trouble plenty.

Although Shogun is another fading legend, I don't think he's as far gone as Chuck and I believe the prospect of this fight will get the best out of him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Jardine fight might have been the only time I thought Chuck didn't come prepared. Keith watched tape and came with a great game plan. Chuck appeared to be looking past Keith and had no plan other than come in and swing for the fences. After Keith weathered the 1st round and almost being put away he punished Chuck but I don't recall Chuck being in danger of a KO. I though Chuck was winning before the KO against Evans. Once again someone watched tape and had a good game plan. I just don't see Shogun being able use a tight, fast technical striking like Jackson and Rashad did. He is a chute box fighter and will employ a similar tactic as Wandy. As his previous fights show he isn't at Wandy's level right now. Maybe he resurrects himself....and in that case he will probably win a barnburner 1st round KO...I just don't see it happening...Chuck late 2nd round stoppage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Ok as a long time Chuck fan I'm pretty realistic about him. Still has great td defense and KO power but after years of dominating people have figured him out and he doesn't seem to have the interest in evolving more and changing his technique up. That being said unless Shogun can get back to 2005 form I don't see him winning this fight. He won't have much luck getting Chuck to the ground and he doesn't seem to have the tight technical punching of Rampage/Rashad to counter Chuck's wide punching. In a slugfest I think Chuck can take/give better. The only real advantage Shogun is going to have is in the clinch if he can get there. Chuck will still have to come in top shape and have a good plan but I'll be picking Ice Man with a 2nd/3rd round ko. Thoughts?

p.s. This forum is really dead compared to what it used to be. What gives?

This is a good fight for Chuck . I think afew of the top boys would beat him now but Shogun isnt one of them.

I was far from impressed with Rua vs Coleman . The old man was there for the taking in round 1 yet he was seconds away from lasting the distance. Maybe Shogun hasnt been able to train properly cuz of all the injuries hes been having but ones things for sure. He hasnt been able to capture his old form . Watching him on Saturday I couldnt belive this guy smashed Jackson to bits

If he is that sloppy when he meets Chuck and he hasnt improved on his conditioning then its a KO win for the iceman .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Chuck wins this. It's sad to say, but ol' Chuck would wear Shogun down I think.

Shogun has pulled a Belfort, used to be on top but seems to have lost it, and he gasses way too fast.

Although, Belfort smoked Lindland tonight haha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the way Shogun has been looking if chuck doesnt stop him then he should retire.

I think the winner of his fight should fight Griffin.

Personally id love to see Chuck vs Forrest
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information