Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Marquez beats Mayweather

Probably wont happen but if it would..

is JMM Pound for pound king?? Or is Pac till #1?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Marquez beats Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    Probably wont happen but if it would..

is JMM Pound for pound king?? Or is Pac till #1?
    in that case of scenario, PAcman remains P4P till he loses to either PbF or Marquez... which could happen in both case... but he has to lose to one of them first in order to crown Marquez or PbF
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is a no brainer. JMM is then the number 1 p4p. Look at their last 3 fights and JMM's resume would be KOing previously unstopped Casamayor and Juan Diaz. Then add any victory over PBF and it becomes easy to pick JMM unless of course you're a die hard Pac fan. Pac's last 3 fights have a very impressive KO over Hatton but an unimpressive cherry picked David Diaz and DLH's skeleton at 147. JMM met each of his guys at their strongest point and he went at very formidable opponents not to mention possibly the best of this era. Pac cleared up the argument between him and JMM with Hatton KO but then JMM when easily trump it with a victory over the p4p Mayweather. Somebody would have to really explain why Pac's victorys would deserve more credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the very least it has be someone who beats Pac that takes the P4P title and even then if someone beats him that doesn't make you the best.

P4P IMO involves having done the things Pac has such as moving around weights chasing the big fights or fighting all comers. It would be unfair for someone to be named the best fighter of the time for simply winning one fight, what if Pac moved up a weight too far and got caught out, I don't think it makes his victor the P4P.

Pac stays #1 until beaten or until someone can emulate or pass his achievements so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah, Marquez will be p4p #1 in every sense of the word. No question imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IF? hmm IF is like wishing.. Just say MayWeather has his work cut out for him! And if.....if...he does not beat Mayweather... then Pac-man will have the last Laugh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post
    At the very least it has be someone who beats Pac that takes the P4P title and even then if someone beats him that doesn't make you the best.

P4P IMO involves having done the things Pac has such as moving around weights chasing the big fights or fighting all comers. It would be unfair for someone to be named the best fighter of the time for simply winning one fight, what if Pac moved up a weight too far and got caught out, I don't think it makes his victor the P4P.

Pac stays #1 until beaten or until someone can emulate or pass his achievements so far.
    Pac has not fought all comers and you don't have to lose to lose the p4p crown. Mosley and DLH both took the crown from RJJ without RJJ losing. Mayweather lost it without losing. If you have to get beat to lose it then Pac can fight bums such as David Diaz to keep the crown no matter who JMM is fighting. Doesn't make sense. And Pac is not moving around weights fighting all comers he is just moving around. He fought once at 135, once at 140, and once at 147. And nobody at either 135 or 147. He only gets p4p credit for the Hatton fight. JMM is the one fighting all comers. He has taken on the best from each division he has been at. Now he is taking on possibly the best of this era without trying to drain him at a low weight. And JMM isn't winning the p4p crown for only one fight. I just listed their last 3 fights. Pac and JMM are virtually even so any fight from here can catapult one over the other.

XaduBoxer Guest

This is just a wishful thinking IF JMM beats PBF... Like what others said, more or less PAC and JMM are even at this point... If PAC and JMM keep winning impressively against other opponents, the current P4P ranking stays the same...

IF JMM defeats PBF, it will be noted for the meantime and if PAC doesn't win imppressively in his next fight then JMM has chance to overtake PAC... JMM beating PBF alone will not catapult JMM to the no. 1 spot... It should be coupled with unimpressive PAC win or a PAC loss...

I think JMM's run for P4P throne will come to a screeching halt after PBF defeat him...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A win over PBF would place JMM as #1 P4P.

I had JMM as #1 prior to Hatton-Pac.
    After Pacs win that placed him as #1.

XaduBoxer Guest

Just a clarification in this discussion, are we talking about Ring Magazine's official P4P list or can we just take into account anybody's P4P list??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post

Pac has not fought all comers and you don't have to lose to lose the p4p crown. Mosley and DLH both took the crown from RJJ without RJJ losing. Mayweather lost it without losing. If you have to get beat to lose it then Pac can fight bums such as David Diaz to keep the crown no matter who JMM is fighting. Doesn't make sense. And Pac is not moving around weights fighting all comers he is just moving around. He fought once at 135, once at 140, and once at 147. And nobody at either 135 or 147. He only gets p4p credit for the Hatton fight. JMM is the one fighting all comers. He has taken on the best from each division he has been at. Now he is taking on possibly the best of this era without trying to drain him at a low weight. And JMM isn't winning the p4p crown for only one fight. I just listed their last 3 fights. Pac and JMM are virtually even so any fight from here can catapult one over the other.
    OK maybe not moving around but moving none the less, not too many can claim that they have won at so many different weights.As for 147 he will probably go there too to get PBF should he win.

Agree that JMM and Pac could be classed as even but lets not pretend that JM is being noble and not trying to drain PBF to a low weight, PBF calls the shots and as we know he will rather have someone come up and not carry the same power as him go down so I don't think that argument carries.
    My comment about being beaten to lose it was based on Pac continuing to fight at a higher level and I will concede that if he started fighting bums as you call them then yes the P4P would change hands, but do we really think Pac is going to start running at this stage.

As an aside to those who knock Pac's result against a drained DLH, I would just say it's not his fault how his opponent turns up on the night, he just did his job, and no I am not a hugger I had Hatton to spark him ...........ooops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think manny is p4p no 1 anyhow, but i really could care less who is ranked number one I'd just rather see the fights.

and if JMM beats floyd, which i think is very possible considering the rust. I also believe floyd will be dropped by a timing shot, but he will get up, win and then retire stating "his body can't do it anymore" only to come back for one huge payday fight...just my silly little theory..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

XaduBoxer Guest

End of discussion... Even JMM himself admitted that he won't be the best until he can beat PACQUIAO...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...i'd for one be relieved. We'd be close to the end of the world thinking boxing revolves around this guy, and focus on guys out there deserving more credit. Paul williams for example.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    A win over PBF would place JMM as #1 P4P.

I had JMM as #1 prior to Hatton-Pac.
    After Pacs win that placed him as #1.
    Yes, same thinking here.

Thread Information