Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

Can he do it? I dont know, but I def. think Floyd is going to come out swinging and feeling like the bigger man trying to push the smaller Marquez around to try to get an early KO and re-establish himself in the P4P race.

If this does happen it will be JMM's biggest oppurtunity to win rounds an sail to win a SD, but also the biggest risk in getting caught himself, Juan gets up and has lots of heart but he does get caught, and now he will be caught by a bigger maybe faster Mayweather.

Juan has to have lots of courage and heart to stand up in the first 5 rounds which will be his heardest but if he take 3 out of those rounds he can win a decision.

Either way, cant wait...This may surprise us, it could be Fight of the year.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Can he do it? I dont know, but I def. think Floyd is going to come out swinging and feeling like the bigger man trying to push the smaller Marquez around to try to get an early KO and re-establish himself in the P4P race.

If this does happen it will be JMM's biggest oppurtunity to win rounds an sail to win a SD, but also the biggest risk in getting caught himself, Juan gets up and has lots of heart but he does get caught, and now he will be caught by a bigger maybe faster Mayweather.

Juan has to have lots of courage and heart to stand up in the first 5 rounds which will be his heardest but if he take 3 out of those rounds he can win a decision.

Floyd never comes out swinging. Against a cagey fighter like Marquez, I think he'll force Marquez to be the aggressor and attempt to counter punch the counter puncher. After 2 years out, no way do I see Floyd coming out swinging.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt it, and if Floyd says that it's just to sell the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Floyd's not fighting Gatti or SHatton this time I could see him stopping JMM real late in the fight but I'd bet it goes to a decision.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love that picture! Lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

Floyd never comes out swinging. Against a cagey fighter like Marquez, I think he'll force Marquez to be the aggressor and attempt to counter punch the counter puncher. After 2 years out, no way do I see Floyd coming out swinging.
    Floyd has come out swinging plenty of times, I don't think he will, but the more this is a war IMO the worse it is for Marquez because Mayweather stays so sharp late in fights, he is still sharp even when he is throwing down, and he will getting hit a lot less than MArquez.

El Kabong Guest

If it's there he'll take it....why would Floyd want it to last long? Manny Pacquiao just 1 upped Floyd vs De la Hoya AND Hatton. I do think Floyd will be careful because JMM is a dangerously smart fighter...who cares if he's fighting out of his weight class, JMM and his trainer will be prepared for that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope so.Been thinking about him possibly being a little over confident,cough...more so than usual.With the size,fresher of the two and recieving a bit of a backlash in some media.He might just step in off some fast connects and go for it all...,make a statement w/Manny being in the back of his mind.

Marquez will be there,hes not going anywhere,and will sit down in between some flurries he hopes.Thinking Mayweather runs a better chance of cutting Marquez up resulting in a TKO rather than a clean KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can anybody mention a Floyd fight where he has come out the aggressor. From what I have seen of him he will move, pot shot, break his opponent down and as he sees/ feels them get weaker he will then start to step it up.

If this goes how I think it will Floyd will get a UD with the last few rounds seeing Marquez hit more and hurt, maybe even late TKO
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can imagine Floyd will either try to KO Marquez or totally dominate him so he can send the message to Pac "Look at how easily I disposed of the guy who beat you twice in the eyes of many boxing experts, commentators, and boxers" just like Pac sent a message to Floyd by beating Hatton faster.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

Floyd has come out swinging plenty of times, I don't think he will, but the more this is a war IMO the worse it is for Marquez because Mayweather stays so sharp late in fights, he is still sharp even when he is throwing down, and he will getting hit a lot less than MArquez.

When? I can't recall a time he has come out the more aggressive fighter. He is never so careless as to come out swinging.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

He said the same thing when he fought Oscar and we see how that went. It will be a typical Floyd fight with him winning a comfortable decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When? I can't recall a time he has come out the more aggressive fighter. He is never so careless as to come out swinging.
    It depends what you consider swinging, but against Phillip N'Dou, Burton, Sosa, Gatti, G. Hernandez, plenty of guys earlier on in his career.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Mayweather means when he says that is:

"I'm going to give away around or two and then dial everything in and cruise to a wide victory on the scorecards."
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It depends what you consider swinging, but against Phillip N'Dou, Burton, Sosa, Gatti, G. Hernandez, plenty of guys earlier on in his career.
    Mayweather fights the style necessary to beat whomever he is fighting. If he knows he can't impose his will or beat them by slugging he won't do it. But if its someone he can impose on he will. He is a fighter who has an uncanny ability to adapt.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information