Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Klitschko to either fight Chagaev on 6/20 or Haye on 7/11

according to his manager on boxingscene, said there looking at other fighters but those are the main two

Also he's more interested in fighting Chagaev than having to count on Haye being available and they are working on a Chagaev fight.

Good thing too, I would go with Chagaev over Haye also, after all who wants to deal with a guy who postpones fights because of injuries
    Last edited by OumaFan; 06-04-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko to either fight Chagaev on 6/20 or Haye on 7/11

Could I dislike Wlad more? Of course not. That was a trick question.

Of course there's nothing from Haye here. Seems like Klitschko's team is giving him about three extra weeks. If he's really injured that's probably a non starter.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye's manager and Klits have just been live on TV.

Haye's manager said he'll be ready on the 11th.

It doesn't sound like Klit will wait though, Chagaev and 10 other possibles to fill June 20th.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can he fight Chagaev when the Valuev fight couldnt go ahead because of Chagaev failing the medical. Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chagaev really didn't fail the medical it seems, seemingly all that was just an excuse by valuevs camp to get out of fighting chagaev.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does something stink around these heavyweights or is it just me. Chagaev fails a medical for the Valuev fight, but is now in line to fight Klit at the drop. What is goin on. Bit cloaky some stuff at the moment.

Wonder whether Haye Klit hasn't quite sold out and they are bumping up a bit more publicity to have the fight delayed by a few weeks. Is that possible.............. anyone? Adam Booth is saying that Haye will undergo intensive physiotherapy and then be ready. Bottom of following link.

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Haye no longer Klitschko priority

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They've sold 65k tickets, when they only expected about 30k. They sold 27k in the first 12 hours after Haye wore that t-shirt. This has nothing to do with publicity, it hardly needs anymore does it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair point.

This whole thing just reminds me of publicity though. Can't help but think it. Not been in the papers or news for a while, now its bang in the papers and all over the media..... Just weird seen as the fight is not far off.

I guess in my head i'm hopin its just a joke and the fight is actually on. Was so lookin forward. Would have been a huge event that the heavy freaks aint seen for years............

El Kabong Guest

#1 Chagaev wasn't allowed to fight because he MAY or MAY NOT have tested positive for Hepititus B. Wladimir Klitschko called what Don King and the Finn Athletic Comission pulled "A farce" and he said he would fight Chagaev in Germany Hep B or no Hep B and that all he needed was an extra innoculation to be protected against it.

#2 Chagaev is undefeated, he's a southpaw, and he's available to fight as is Valuev but if they don't want to fight Chagaev then they really don't want Wladimir.

I still think either Haye is trying to pull some mind game bullcrap or else he's really shit scared of Wladimir....I don't think he's injured much less injured enough to miss the fight

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    How can he fight Chagaev when the Valuev fight couldnt go ahead because of Chagaev failing the medical. Am I missing something?
    Chagaev passed the medical test in Germany but apparently failed a Finnish medical. As Wlad is fighting in Germany, Chagaev will be passed medically fit. To be honest, I think Valuev was being a fanny and looking for an excuse to avoid the rematch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    #1 Chagaev wasn't allowed to fight because he MAY or MAY NOT have tested positive for Hepititus B. Wladimir Klitschko called what Don King and the Finn Athletic Comission pulled "A farce" and he said he would fight Chagaev in Germany Hep B or no Hep B and that all he needed was an extra innoculation to be protected against it.

#2 Chagaev is undefeated, he's a southpaw, and he's available to fight as is Valuev but if they don't want to fight Chagaev then they really don't want Wladimir.

I still think either Haye is trying to pull some mind game bullcrap or else he's really shit scared of Wladimir....I don't think he's injured much less injured enough to miss the fight
    Why would would he have worked so hard to get the fight if he was "shit scared"

Nobody's quite explained that to me yet

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

Let me start off by saying I don't think Haye is scared of Wlad.

However, to play devil's advocate, who outside of Britain had ever heard of David Haye before he started chasing Wlad in a very public fashion? Both within Britain and internationally, his popularity has soared as a result of this publicity and even if he does not fight Klitschko he future earning potential has increased massively.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, I get that but has his name gotten out there that much? That seems like a bit of a risk to me, doing something which would hurt his reputation like this isn't exactly a great business move. I mean who really can he make big money with outside of the Klits? He's gotta fight them at some point.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, I get that but has his name gotten out there that much? That seems like a bit of a risk to me, doing something which would hurt his reputation like this isn't exactly a great business move. I mean who really can he make big money with outside of the Klits? He's gotta fight them at some point.
    Absolutely it has. This site is a perfect example of it. It has a huge British/UK presence, yet how many David Haye threads were there when he was simply the undisputed Cruiser champ? After he beat Macinelli (sp) and moved up to HW with the stated purpose of defeating Klitschko in order to "bring excitement back to the heavy-weight division (translation: to line his pockets)" his popularity took off. He's now a regular topic of conversation not only here but throughout the boxing world.

El Kabong Guest

Who said he worked out hard? Is there proof Sure he could be in great SHAPE but hell Jack Lalane has always been in great shape but he was never going to beat up a pro boxer.

And OumaFan I am 10000000% in favor of Haye fighting Wladimir "At some point" but beating Monte Barrett and being able to be annoying and talk shit shouldn't earn you a title shot and I think if I took the name David Haye out of the equation NOBODY would want to watch that fight and NOBODY would think that "Fighter X" would deserve a shot at the titles. I just want David Haye to work his way to the top...if he doesn't want to wait or to have a bunch of fights then he should step in vs a top level fighter and beat them in impressive fashion and THEN call for Wladimir...but to beat Monte Barrett by KO and then call Wlad out right away is ridiculous! Haye is either crazy or delusional and either way he would get humiliated vs Wladimir.

Thread Information